Is online doable still?

Megaman80

On 4/22/2021 at 6:10 PM, HamiTosh said:

Try qualify as best as possible and then learn how to defend your position.

Block people from overtaking when they slipstream you.

Take turns close to the inner side, a lot of times if you take the turn from wider angles people will use u as brake dummy.

Brake a little bit earlier cuz  idiots will brake-ram you.

The first bolded point leads directly to the second bolded point. As is nicely explained in this video that just came out, made by someone who knows a thing or two about online racing.

On 09/09/2021 at 5:29 PM, HamiTosh said:

sarcasm?

Yes. If you brake check people and deliberately block them you'll get (deservedly) punted off a lot more than if you try to race clean. You can recognise and try to avoid deliberately dirty drivers without being dirty yourself.

• Like 2

Hahah I am already done with the wins and poles, and i tell you my aggressive play helped me! friendly "clean" racing gets you nowhere. Higher ranked players know exactly how much they can ram you before getting a time penalty etc. So either be the hunter or be hunted, simple is that.

For anyone still doing the trophies, be aggressive with your driving style trust me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, barra333 said:

I have 82 wins, with none of them the result of punting people off. Stpatty has way more wins than me, but I would be surprised if any of them were dirty. 

People with your attitude are a stain on racing games. Good riddance. 

Haha. People with your attitude make it easier for the me as a hunter to get wins.because you re too shy to put up a fight.Thank you,spread the word,so people who really dont let themselfes get played wont have to spend much time in this poo multiplayer.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, barra333 said:

You say hunter, I say selfish jerk who is happy to ruin the day of folks who just want to race. The vast majority of GT Sport players couldn't give a shit about trophies. No matter how you justify it to yourself, you are being an ass in the eyes of 95% of people online in the game. 

this applies to almost every online game, hunters in general just hinder the experience of others mainly with boost methods.

8 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

this applies to almost every online game, hunters in general just hinder the experience of others mainly with boost methods.

Exactly! 

I had enough games i played without boosting, because i m Ready to put up a fight. 

Though i have a friend and we boosted gt sport, yes its possible. 

19 minutes ago, HamiTosh said:

Exactly! 

I had enough games i played without boosting, because i m Ready to put up a fight. 

Though i have a friend and we boosted gt sport, yes its possible. 

I was boosting on the final days of a game, and then one of the players sent me a message saying that he would like to enjoy the last matches of that game and that me and my friends were messing up, and that we had no right to mess up the people who liked that game. I hadn't seen this way until then.

1 hour ago, kevao97 said:

I was boosting on the final days of a game, and then one of the players sent me a message saying that he would like to enjoy the last matches of that game and that me and my friends were messing up, and that we had no right to mess up the people who liked that game. I hadn't seen this way until then.

had this in uncharted 3 i was playing nornally not for trophies had guys join and interfearing with the whole match

On 9/11/2021 at 8:31 AM, HamiTosh said:

Hahah I am already done with the wins and poles, and i tell you my aggressive play helped me! friendly "clean" racing gets you nowhere. Higher ranked players know exactly how much they can ram you before getting a time penalty etc. So either be the hunter or be hunted, simple is that.

For anyone still doing the trophies, be aggressive with your driving style trust me.

If you actually got to higher ranks you would see that most people race cleanly. Aggressive is the worst thing that you can do while going for wins.

8 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Roughly how long does everything other than the dreaded gold trophies take?

If you ignore all 4 gold trophies, you are still looking at 20+ hours. By the time you do all of the driving missions and stuff, you will still have a little way to go to make it to level 40 for the silver trophy. I think I worked out level 40 to be about 16% of the way to level 50 fwiw.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, barra333 said:

If you ignore all 4 gold trophies, you are still looking at 20+ hours. By the time you do all of the driving missions and stuff, you will still have a little way to go to make it to level 40 for the silver trophy. I think I worked out level 40 to be about 16% of the way to level 50 fwiw.

Brilliant thank you. I know with GT7 round the corner, this game doesn't have too long before its time comes. Better get on this quick! Hopefully it's not as pain-staking as GT5

1 minute ago, willmill97 said:

Brilliant thank you. I know with GT7 round the corner, this game doesn't have too long before its time comes. Better get on this quick! Hopefully it's not as pain-staking as GT5

I see you have the plat for GT5 (strange last trophy to get), so skill-wise, you should be able to get the online wins trophy before GT7. Whether you have the time/motivation to go after level 50 is a different matter. If you are ignoring all of that from the start and consider the game complete with all of the silver/bronze trophies, then you may well do it a little quicker than my estimate - hard to tell since I did a lot of online racing alongside the career challenges. None of it will be a real challenge for you I don't think.

27 minutes ago, barra333 said:

I see you have the plat for GT5 (strange last trophy to get), so skill-wise, you should be able to get the online wins trophy before GT7. Whether you have the time/motivation to go after level 50 is a different matter. If you are ignoring all of that from the start and consider the game complete with all of the silver/bronze trophies, then you may well do it a little quicker than my estimate - hard to tell since I did a lot of online racing alongside the career challenges. None of it will be a real challenge for you I don't think.

I kept that trophy for last so I know I could pop the platinum as my 200th when I was ready to ? But that's good to hear, I have a huge backlog of podcasts I want to listen to which will fit nicely in with that xp grind haha

• Like 1

Guys I recommend you do this game now before it's too late, sony loves to shut down gran turismo games when a new one launches. GT5 and 6 had a year of life after each release. If you are not good at racing games start now because this plat is not easy for the newbies. If you have experience you can wait but still don't leave this waiting. I will buy the game soon aswell but I don't have money for ps plus. Hopefully I can buy plus so I can do a bunch of other trophies aswell.

On 9/11/2021 at 7:02 PM, barra333 said:

You say hunter, I say selfish jerk who is happy to ruin the day of folks who just want to race. The vast majority of GT Sport players couldn't give a shit about trophies. No matter how you justify it to yourself, you are being an ass in the eyes of 95% of people online in the game. 

The way I did this plat on my other account was I would get qualifying done then if my rank was too high and I was with the pros I would intentionally crash at the players who are last place (ik its scummy and wrong I still feel bad but you gotta do what you gotta do and I'm not about to ruin the top 10 just to win) Anyway when my rank was low enough I would be able to get easy poles and wins but the trade-off was since I'm playing with low rank players they tend to be really aggressive and ram you off. I lost some wins because of that but I guess it's karma ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2021 at 1:36 AM, rotarynights_ said:

Guys I recommend you do this game now before it's too late, sony loves to shut down gran turismo games when a new one launches. GT5 and 6 had a year of life after each release. If you are not good at racing games start now because this plat is not easy for the newbies. If you have experience you can wait but still don't leave this waiting. I will buy the game soon aswell but I don't have money for ps plus. Hopefully I can buy plus so I can do a bunch of other trophies aswell.

looking at previous titles i thought that too, however this game is ONLINE ONLY, progress doesnt save if youre not connected (probably to prevent cheaters)

so either they patch it for offline and shut the game down a year or so after gt7 OR they actually keep it up and just maybe a pc port since sony's been doing that lately and since this isnt a numberd game i think it could make sense

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VELOCIOUS-VIPER said:

looking at previous titles i thought that too, however this game is ONLINE ONLY, progress doesnt save if youre not connected (probably to prevent cheaters)

so either they patch it for offline and shut the game down a year or so after gt7 OR they actually keep it up and just maybe a pc port since sony's been doing that lately and since this isnt a numberd game i think it could make sense

I think you are right. I dont think you can even level up offline, due to the game online feature, i may be wrong though. I was worried a bit but i plat the game in 2 months and 1 week, which isnt too long for such a grind

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was terrified about this game when I knew about its difficulty. Upon starting it, I realize many things that very few people have mentioned or even guess to comment, but all in all, I think that everything resumes up to being consistent and trying to give the best on each lap. Today I tried the current circuits but didn't feel comfortable enough to try the pole position. 

Still need to understand the jargon used all over to racing games, but this is no joke. I find the tips and hints from @Shrooba highly helpful, and I think that solid commitment is the key for success. I'm not a pro at racing cars, of course, but seeing all you guys giving their insights and how you beat this stuff really crank my gears and puts me in the place I want to.

Going to see how this works, and hopefully, I have enough time before GT7 drops on March next year. Maybe they'll tell us about potential servers' shutdown. Anyway, here I go and give everything into it! Thank you all. 

• Like 1