Is online doable still?

Megaman80

27 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

I was terrified about this game when I knew about its difficulty. Upon starting it, I realize many things that very few people have mentioned or even guess to comment, but all in all, I think that everything resumes up to being consistent and trying to give the best on each lap. Today I tried the current circuits but didn't feel comfortable enough to try the pole position. 

Still need to understand the jargon used all over to racing games, but this is no joke. I find the tips and hints from @Shrooba highly helpful, and I think that solid commitment is the key for success. I'm not a pro at racing cars, of course, but seeing all you guys giving their insights and how you beat this stuff really crank my gears and puts me in the place I want to.

Going to see how this works, and hopefully, I have enough time before GT7 drops on March next year. Maybe they'll tell us about potential servers' shutdown. Anyway, here I go and give everything into it! Thank you all. 

I'd say the start of the game is definitely the hardest part since getting that first win isn't easy & can take some time. The pole time is definitely the most important thing so you want to improve as much as you can. I always watched the top players for reference so you want to look at when people brake, how one will take a corner & the top speed that these players will reach since that will let you know how well you took said corner just before. It's always best to find a good car & track combination since if you can get comfortable on one then you will be able to win a lot. The game as you know is a lot of effort so just keep at it.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 2

If i can do it anyone can do it. I love racing games but this is my first sim racer. I played my first sport mode race on 17th of september and got my 91 win today. Thats 91 wins in like 18 days. I got a really good qualifying time on the circuit the croix or or something and just spammed that one while doing other things waiting for races, i started almost every race on pole. Last week was really bad so i skipped it entirely(hate circuits with a lot of turns) and this week i have been spamming monza. The first chicane is the deciding factor for the entire race almost everytime, it requires abit of luck to pass without getting hit but taking it slow and trying to avoid getting bumped is key. I won almost every race here with 2-10 seconds. 

I wont lie this was not easy, i also used a controller and automatic gear.  

• Like 1

It isn't going to magically make you significantly faster if that is what you are asking. If you've never used a wheel, there is also going to be a learning curve to get back to your controller pace.

As a reference, here is a video that was put together about the differences. 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 7:10 AM, barra333 said:

It isn't going to magically make you significantly faster if that is what you are asking. If you've never used a wheel, there is also going to be a learning curve to get back to your controller pace.

As a reference, here is a video that was put together about the differences. 

Just saw this, thanks a bunch! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/11/2021 at 10:24 AM, Xenoblast91 said:

Going to see how this works, and hopefully, I have enough time before GT7 drops on March next year. Maybe they'll tell us about potential servers' shutdown. Anyway, here I go and give everything into it! Thank you all. 

Best of luck with this! Starting it now is a good decision, it's better to do it now than later. When GT7 comes out, I've got no idea what'll happen to the online landscape of GT Sport. So doing it now while the community is active is a great choice. GT7 comes out in about 3 months from now which is plenty of time to get through it. After that is the Level 50 grind, but you can do that entirely within the arcade single-player section. Don't let it stress you, you can pace it to certain amounts of wins each week, and if you happen to stumble across a race where you've got a much better qualifying lap than others, that's when you really grind it out as much as you can.

It's kinda weird now that I think about it, the main focus of GT Sport is the online sections, yet daily races give abysmal amounts of XP! ? You'll find good leveling methods, but focus on the wins and poles for now, you'll get it if you stick with it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Progress update, managed to get my 65 poles and have now blown that out of the water since (was my 2k ? milestone ?). Finding basically trying race A and B at the start of each week, last week race A was ace, this week it’s race B. I prefer races which have a track I can quickly learn roughly the corners for and spend hour or 2 doing laps to a. get a good lap time (use top 10 ghosts as well) and b. Make laps consistently without missing a beat. Over the week I have found repetition really does make for improvements!

Just passed the half way mark for wins as of today, 46/91.

Might have to go beyond the plat and complete all the rings, I have enjoyed this game way more since swapping over to manual shift and losing traction for everything but starts.

Props to Tidgney giving lap guides each week ?!!

Good luck drivers!

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 0:46 AM, Arophous said:

Progress update, managed to get my 65 poles and have now blown that out of the water since (was my 2k 1f3c6.png milestone 1f389.png). Finding basically trying race A and B at the start of each week, last week race A was ace, this week it’s race B. I prefer races which have a track I can quickly learn roughly the corners for and spend hour or 2 doing laps to a. get a good lap time (use top 10 ghosts as well) and b. Make laps consistently without missing a beat. Over the week I have found repetition really does make for improvements!

Just passed the half way mark for wins as of today, 46/91.

Might have to go beyond the plat and complete all the rings, I have enjoyed this game way more since swapping over to manual shift and losing traction for everything but starts.

Props to Tidgney giving lap guides each week ?!!

Good luck drivers!

Man, after about 3 weeks I only have 30/65 poles and 13/91 wins, it's depressing.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MoneyShotxox said:

Don’t worry you will get there, it seemed impossible to me as well. But I got the platinum today even with all my stats resetting because I swapped console lol

huge congrats!!!!! Damn that reset sounded painful, I’m currently at 50 wins and 183 finished races. Hoping for a track I gel with next week ?

2 hours ago, Arophous said:

huge congrats!!!!! Damn that reset sounded painful, I’m currently at 50 wins and 183 finished races. Hoping for a track I gel with next week ?

Thanks, yeah I got lucky in December had a good track and car combo that suited me I got 50 wins that week. Best way to practice is to race against a top 10 ghost and try stay as close as possible. Then when you feel ready it should hopefully be muscle memory when you are racing.

14 minutes ago, Samurai_SNAAAKE said:

Oh, congrats!
In my case I'm worried they kill the servers before I finish up, but hey, progress is progress.

Cheers, I can at least see the servers staying open for another year still a popular esports and if gt7 is more focused single player who knows it might keep gt  sport going a bit longer.

All the best I’m sure you will get there 

• Like 1

The end is near… well for wins at least. On 82/91 wins as of today and 263/322 races finished. Reckon I will have online done the week coming up which will leave me time to get level 40 and 50 before GT7 comes out.

Good luck to all who are attempting at the moment!!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, barra333 said:

Good luck! If you aren't at level 40 yet, you are going to need several hours a day to have a hope at level 50 before March 4.

oh I don’t mind a long grind (so long as it’s not rng)… better line up some tv series to binge when I get to track repeats. Just got 91 wins today ?!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arophous said:

oh I don’t mind a long grind (so long as it’s not rng)… better line up some tv series to binge when I get to track repeats. Just got 91 wins today 1f389.png!!

I'm on my way to plat too. Still on 50 wins out of 91 and almost have poles which sits at 61 and 231 races out of 322.  :)
Half way through level 47. I was in the 30's level by the time I finished the story, missions and challenges + circuit experience and grinded the ingame achievements for XP.

If you commit to it, you can get it in a couple of days by playing a couple of hours a day.

I use this method and by far it's the most efficient for me. With this you can get from 49 to 50 in about 10 hours, BUT only if you get every race as a clean race which can get hard at times because of the AI unpredictability. After some races you can get used to it very fast and after that it's a play in the park. I myself load up some podcasts or an audiobook and grind away. I'm so used to it by now that I get 9 clean races out of 10 on average. Good luck with your remaining grind, you'll get it in no time. :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AttilaThe13th said:

I'm on my way to plat too. Still on 50 wins out of 91 and almost have poles which sits at 61 and 231 races out of 322.  :)
Half way through level 47. I was in the 30's level by the time I finished the story, missions and challenges + circuit experience and grinded the ingame achievements for XP.

If you commit to it, you can get it in a couple of days by playing a couple of hours a day.

I use this method and by far it's the most efficient for me. With this you can get from 49 to 50 in about 10 hours, BUT only if you get every race as a clean race which can get hard at times because of the AI unpredictability. After some races you can get used to it very fast and after that it's a play in the park. I myself load up some podcasts or an audiobook and grind away. I'm so used to it by now that I get 9 clean races out of 10 on average. Good luck with your remaining grind, you'll get it in no time. :)

awesome, thanks for the video, once I finished my 322 races (on 294/322) and trying to get those 15 consecutive cleans now.  Will certainly do this method after, think my wife is sick of seeing racing on the TV every night but I'm sure it will be done soon!

Edited by Arophous
  • Like 1

The KTM is an absolute pig to drive though. I've started using the Mazda RX500. Buy the stage 3 upgrades, increase the power to the highest you can go and stay at N300 and drop the weight all the way down. After that, all I did was put RSS tyres on it and move the top speed slider up to 290kmh. Depending on how the traffic falls for you and the fastest AI, you may not take the lead until late, but there were races that I won by several seconds too.

• Like 2

On 23/1/2022 at 18:26, AttilaThe13th said:

Estoy en mi camino a plat también. Todavía tengo 50 victorias de 91 y casi tengo poles que se ubican en 61 y 231 carreras de 322.  A la :)
mitad del nivel 47. Estaba en el nivel 30 cuando terminé la historia, las misiones y los desafíos + experiencia en circuito y repasé los logros dentro del juego para XP.

Si te comprometes, puedes conseguirlo en un par de días jugando un par de horas al día.

Yo uso este método y, con mucho, es el más eficiente para mí. Con esto, puede pasar de 49 a 50 en aproximadamente 10 horas, PERO solo si obtiene cada carrera como una carrera limpia, lo que a veces puede ser difícil debido a la imprevisibilidad de la IA. Después de algunas carreras te puedes acostumbrar muy rápido y después de eso es un juego en el parque. Yo mismo cargo algunos podcasts o un audiolibro y trabajo duro. Ya estoy tan acostumbrado que tengo 9 carreras limpias de 10 en promedio. Buena suerte con tu rutina restante, la obtendrás en poco tiempo.:)

Is this the best way to get experience? I'm finishing the online and I'm looking for a way to get to level 50

13 hours ago, Arophous said:

awesome, thanks for the video, once I finished my 322 races (on 294/322) and trying to get those 15 consecutive cleans now.  Will certainly do this method after, think my wife is sick of seeing racing on the TV every night but I'm sure it will be done soon!

Hey, you're welcome. You'll be done in not time. With a daily 2-3 hour session you'll be done in a week or so. Less if you increase the session time. Tell the wifey that it's for a good cause. :P

My girlfriend used to not really like my gaming sessions, but in the end we agreed that because I had to put up with her rom-com dramas, she had to put up with my gaming sessions, and in the end she got to enjoy gaming herself, and has her own sessions from time to time, so it's a win--win in the end. :D

12 hours ago, barra333 said:

The KTM is an absolute pig to drive though. I've started using the Mazda RX500. Buy the stage 3 upgrades, increase the power to the highest you can go and stay at N300 and drop the weight all the way down. After that, all I did was put RSS tyres on it and move the top speed slider up to 290kmh. Depending on how the traffic falls for you and the fastest AI, you may not take the lead until late, but there were races that I won by several seconds too.

Yeah, it's true that it's a bit hard to get used to it, but when you manage to master it it's a blast. I usually take the lead by lap 9 or 10 (depending on the AI) and maintain a comfortable 4 to 14 secs lead. (again, depends on the AI). My average laps are between 46.5 and 47.2 totaling at around 11:55 per race. :)

2 hours ago, sepulveda24 said:

Is this the best way to get experience? I'm finishing the online and I'm looking for a way to get to level 50

Right now, I'm pretty sure it is. There were some exploits in the older versions, but those were patched out.

There are some AFK methods as well with some rubber bands, but those aren't efficient at all, because for a 24h AFK session you get around 64k XP....

This method in the video gets you 82.5k XP for a 2 hour session, that is if you get all clean races, which is pretty easy to get, but even if you don't, you still get 5.5k per race, which in the end gives you 55k after 2 hours, which again is way more efficient compared to the 64k after 24h. Good luck with your grind. :)

• Like 2

The other day I was able to finish the races that I had left and finish the online of this game. But I have a question that bothers me... In case of a hypothetical closure... Will it be possible to continue leveling up without any problems??

I need a little break after several intense months playing online.

Sorry for my English, I helped myself with the translator xD