Is online doable still?

Megaman80

37 minutes ago, sepulveda24 said:

The other day I was able to finish the races that I had left and finish the online of this game. But I have a question that bothers me... In case of a hypothetical closure... Will it be possible to continue leveling up without any problems??

I need a little break after several intense months playing online.

Sorry for my English, I helped myself with the translator xD

Congrats on getting online done!!!  I was thinking the same, only have level 50 trophy now but worried that future server shutdown may stop the ability to record levels.  Could do with a break as the grind is real, saved up enough to buy the 20 million Ferrari so using that on Sarthe no chicane premium race - 7 minutes roughly and 4950xp with clean race - i'm finding it way easier to be clean than Blue Moon. Was considering the afk 24 hour endurance but can't bring myself to leave the console on for 30 days it would roughly take (i'm almost level 43).

1 hour ago, sepulveda24 said:

The other day I was able to finish the races that I had left and finish the online of this game. But I have a question that bothers me... In case of a hypothetical closure... Will it be possible to continue leveling up without any problems??

My guess would be that it would be like if you went on offline mode now, it wouldn’t save progress so you would have to do it in one sitting maybe even from level 1 to 50 in one go.

To be honest I would just get it over and done now. Even if you afk blue moon I was pulling 3000xp every 12 minutes in the mclaren while watching box sets 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sepulveda24 said:

You're good to go even after a closure, but if they don't patch it for online play/save, then you'll have to do it in one sitting without stop or exiting the game. But in this state, without an offline mode/patch, the game constantly tries to connect to the servers and save and gives an error every time it doesn't have a connection, which will eventually lead to a game crash and you'll lose all the progress... :(

You still have time, because GT7 only comes out in March, and no mention yet about a shutdown.

You can do it with the Blue Moon method and a good enough N300 car. You'll get 8k XP / 12minutes, so you can finish it in a couple of days. :)

8 hours ago, Arophous said:

Congrats on getting online done!!!  I was thinking the same, only have level 50 trophy now but worried that future server shutdown may stop the ability to record levels.  Could do with a break as the grind is real, saved up enough to buy the 20 million Ferrari so using that on Sarthe no chicane premium race - 7 minutes roughly and 4950xp with clean race - i'm finding it way easier to be clean than Blue Moon. Was considering the afk 24 hour endurance but can't bring myself to leave the console on for 30 days it would roughly take (i'm almost level 43).

Nice. Didn't knew about this method...I myself enjoy Blue Moon better, because I just hate Sarthe. I'm almost done with the level 50 and need 41 more wins in online. By the time I finish the online wins I'll get the poles too, because I only need 3 more of those, and am at 231 out of 322 total races.

Doing the AFK is just not worth it. Too much stress on your PS4 and for nothing really, because you get 54k XP only for 24 hours, and can get 82k XP on Blue Moon in 2 hours if you get them clean, or 55k if you get none of them clean....

8 hours ago, MoneyShotxox said:

My guess would be that it would be like if you went on offline mode now, it wouldn’t save progress so you would have to do it in one sitting maybe even from level 1 to 50 in one go.

To be honest I would just get it over and done now. Even if you afk blue moon I was pulling 3000xp every 12 minutes in the mclaren while watching box sets 

Yep. As I said above, it wont save without a patch and with its constant connection check it will eventually crash your game and have to start over. :(

Doing the same as you. I'm doing Blue Moon and watch some videos/listen to podcasts in the background and doing them races clean with an N300. Those extra 5k XP per race are a huge boost and give you an extremely big lead in the long run, because you can get to level 50 way faster. :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Still grinding away... just got into level 49 (whoop!) almost 400k to go ?, still least this time it will keep going down and never return!!  How's everyone getting on with their grinds? @barra333@sepulveda24.

I managed to wfh for a couple of days, so basically sat on the sofa using AFK Blue Moon Bay for a couple of last levels, sure takes chunks off without much attention (button presses every 12 mins).  My hope for GT7 is that online racing gets XP improvements, I shouldn't be able to afk and get 10x more XP, than a win from online mode... that seems crazy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arophous said:

Still grinding away... just got into level 49 (whoop!) almost 400k to go 1f602.png, still least this time it will keep going down and never return!!  How's everyone getting on with their grinds? @barra333@sepulveda24.

I managed to wfh for a couple of days, so basically sat on the sofa using AFK Blue Moon Bay for a couple of last levels, sure takes chunks off without much attention (button presses every 12 mins).  My hope for GT7 is that online racing gets XP improvements, I shouldn't be able to afk and get 10x more XP, than a win from online mode... that seems crazy.

A few races away from level 47. Not going to make it before GT7, but I'll get as close as I can - hopefully at least level 49.

• Like 1

What's this Blue Moon method you guys are using to AFK for 12m at a time? Like specific settings and execution (just rubber band throttle against the outer wall?)

Not started the game yet; just trying to research for now and explore the different strategies, like whether this patched exploit would work if I unpatched the game and played offline in a single session (if anyone knows whether this would work, let me know!)

8 hours ago, hore said:

What's this Blue Moon method you guys are using to AFK for 12m at a time? Like specific settings and execution (just rubber band throttle against the outer wall?)

Not started the game yet; just trying to research for now and explore the different strategies, like whether this patched exploit would work if I unpatched the game and played offline in a single session (if anyone knows whether this would work, let me know!)

As I said in another post, the unpatch method isn't really advised because of the high crash risk and no progress save. If your game crashes, you'll have to start from scratch...

The fastest method to obtain XP is the Blue Moon Alley with a handicapped car. If you put the effort to get a clean race, you'll get 8250XP per race (about 12 minutes a race) or if you AFK it or do a non clean race, you'll get 5500XP, but you'll have to use a stronger car for an AFK otherwise the AI will just leave you behind, thus you'll get around 2000-3000XP per race with wall hugging.

This is the method I was talking about:

• Like 2

On 10.02.2022 at 7:36 AM, AttilaThe13th said:

As I said in another post, the unpatch method isn't really advised because of the high crash risk and no progress save. If your game crashes, you'll have to start from scratch...

The fastest method to obtain XP is the Blue Moon Alley with a handicapped car. If you put the effort to get a clean race, you'll get 8250XP per race (about 12 minutes a race) or if you AFK it or do a non clean race, you'll get 5500XP, but you'll have to use a stronger car for an AFK otherwise the AI will just leave you behind, thus you'll get around 2000-3000XP per race with wall hugging.

This is the method I was talking about:

There is a somewhat better method. You can use Mazda RX500 (N200 class) and just for 20-30 seconds more you are getting 8910exp instead of 8250exp. The only issue with Mazda is that you need a perfect setup F40/One-77/Enzo Ferrari. Other oponnents like Veyron, McLaren F1 also work but they are a bit harder to beat. LaFerrari is unbeatable with this method.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Strabbies said:

There is a somewhat better method. You can use Mazda RX500 (N200 class) and just for 20-30 seconds more you are getting 8910exp instead of 8250exp. The only issue with Mazda is that you need a perfect setup F40/One-77/Enzo Ferrari. Other oponnents like Veyron, McLaren F1 also work but they are a bit harder to beat. LaFerrari is unbeatable with this method.

OOhh...I didn't knew about this. Might give it a try.

Do you have by any chance a tuning setup for the Mazda so we can get as much power as possible out of it? :)

Getting the right opponents isn't an issue per say, because you can just back out and start the event again until no LaFerrari and your set replaying the event over and over with the same opponents, until you back out from the event.

Thanks for your input. :D

I'm using setup from this video:

To get as much power as possible changing gears is important as this is a rotary engine car. From 3 to 4 - ~215km/h and from 4 to 5 - ~250km/h. I've used this method for ~180 races (16 more to 50 lvl Got platinum already.) and I would never go back to KTM.

Edited by Strabbies
  • Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 5:51 PM, Arophous said:

Still grinding away... just got into level 49 (whoop!) almost 400k to go 1f602.png, still least this time it will keep going down and never return!!  How's everyone getting on with their grinds? @barra333@sepulveda24.

After so much work to get the trophies online I gave myself a break xD  But I will be back very soon to continue with the level routine

Edited by sepulveda24

2 minutes ago, Megaman80 said:

There is some info out that the gt sports stats will transfer over to GT7. My consern now would be for gt sports is that the leveling up seems to be connected to a server.

DR/SR and liveries will transfer (ratings as of 15 Feb are what are being migrated). Money/cars will not. Be interesting to see how they handle ratings while both games are still live online.

Pretty sure levelling will stay tied to the game, otherwise a bunch of trophies in GT7 will probably autopop. 

I still expect Daily Races will be a thing for a few months at least, then at some point *unfounded speculation* there will be an update to take saves offline for GT mode and levelling progress.