czDante92

Will you play the game in permdeath?  

733 members have voted

1. 1. Will you?

• I did/will do it for the trophy only
    • I did/will do it for the trophy and challenge as well
    • I won't

3 minutes ago, talespagni said:

Not trying to beat a dead horse or start a flaming war in the thread, but I'd just like to write a single, lone thought here.

The people who say there isn't any political agenda in this game probably didn't watch a single second of Yuri Bezmenov's "Theory of Subversion" video on YT, let alone read a single article about cultural marxism in their lives.

Or they are Existentialists. 

21 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

So they didn't form their worldview from the ravings of an anti-Semitic conspiracy theorist.

Makes sense why they didn't lose their shit over a video game. 

You don't have to be a crazy conspiracy theorist to see what they were doing

Edited by NOWITSREYNTIME17
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, talespagni said:

So, your line of thought's not gonna cut it this time, once again, Davi.

Remember that time when you tried to debate with me by saying that Brazil and Venezuela belong in the same economic situation?

Here's the link if anyone wants to read.

Please understand this not as a personal attack, for God's sake.

Who is Davi and that wasn’t a debate. You took “Brazil, Venezuela, or anywhere else with crazy high inflation among other things going on” to be WAY more than the simple sentence I wrote. 

Also, I was talking about Sartre’s Existentialism, but something tells me you knew that. 

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

And I didn't include everyone in that group.

My original post you quoted was replying to a post that cited anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. 

He originally said people that don't think it is pushing a political agenda are wrong. You give in response that people who don't think that the game is doing that, aren't conspiracy theorists, generalizing all people who do as conspiracy theorists

6 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

He originally said people that don't think it is pushing a political agenda are wrong. You give in response that people who don't think that the game is doing that, aren't conspiracy theorists, generalizing all people who do as conspiracy theorists

I responded to a generalization.

He said people that didn't think it was pushing a political agenda hadn't watched the rantings of an anti-Semitic conspiracy theorist or read other anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.

2 hours ago, talespagni said:

The people who say there isn't any political agenda in this game probably didn't watch a single second of Yuri Bezmenov's "Theory of Subversion" video on YT, let alone read a single article about cultural marxism in their lives.

He specifically cites not buying into anti-Semitic conspiracy theories as the reason why people wouldn't think TLOU2 was pushing a political agenda. Being "wrong" is equated to not buying into conspiracy theories.

I did not generalize everyone that thinks the game pushes an agenda as a conspiracy theorists.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

I responded to a generalization.

He said people that didn't think it was pushing a political agenda hadn't watched the rantings of an anti-Semitic conspiracy theorist or read other anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.

He specifically cites not buying into anti-Semitic conspiracy theories as the reason why people wouldn't think TLOU2 was pushing a political agenda. Being "wrong" is equated to not buying into conspiracy theories.

I did not generalize everyone that thinks the game pushes an agenda as a conspiracy theorists.

you responded to a generalization with a generalization, nice going

5 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

i heard the permadeath mode is easy since you can set it to checkpoints lol it might take a while but not a problem it's the grouned difficulty that will take it's toll.

I'm stuck at Abby's campaign where I fell down to my death more than 20 times and yet I only did it once on my grounded playthrough. Platforming and Permadeath does not quite work well together. Its either I get pass it or I don't. The fact that I'm playing it on survivor difficulty is what pisses more than anything. I should have chosen the easiest difficulty 

11 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

i heard the permadeath mode is easy since you can set it to checkpoints lol it might take a while but not a problem it's the grouned difficulty that will take it's toll.

On Very Light and using things like invisible while prone it's not too bad. But there are some parts where you can die after like a 15 minute section if you forget what to do or mess it up, then have to get all the way back before you can try again. I think it said I lost 2 hours to deaths which isn't too bad I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2020 at 11:36 AM, K-e-r-c-k said:

I'm stuck at Abby's campaign where I fell down to my death more than 20 times and yet I only did it once on my grounded playthrough. Platforming and Permadeath does not quite work well together. Its either I get pass it or I don't. The fact that I'm playing it on survivor difficulty is what pisses more than anything. I should have chosen the easiest difficulty 

You can change some settings in the options and enable the possibility to not to fall. It's in the accessibility options and you still will get the trophy. I know because I had the crazy idea of playing the game with permadeath on grounded. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 8/19/2020 at 1:02 PM, TurtlePM said:

This might be an unpopular opinion, specially because this is a trophy hunters website, but people really like to swallow games until they get the platinum/100%. My point is: some trophies are here for "one day, when you come back to the game, here's an extra challenge". But a lot of people force themselves to do that almost in a row, finishing the game and instantly start a new game and make another huge run to get another trophy. I saw a lot of people complaining about these trophies because it requires ANOTHER playthrough, not because it's difficult.

I don't know who to explain it, but take "Detroit: Become Human" as example. People completed the game their way, then they were forced to change their choices to make the Platinum - another 2 playthroughs. Obviously the game easily becomes tedious to play following a guide for decisions, but it wouldn't be that tedious if people let the game breathe a little. And this is when, in most cases, people start to point out the cons of the game when there were none in the first playthrough. 

I spent 40 or so hours to complete TLOU2. Plus half playthrough to get all upgrades (which I haven't done yet). Suddenly we need to do another 1 or 2 playthroughs to get 100%, one month after the game release. I might do the permadeath mode for the trophy, but not now. This game needs a huge break before I jump again to another 30-40 hours of gameplay and challenge. 

Could not agree more. Especially when it's extremely long or heavy in narrative; you just end up resenting the game for a tedium that is entirely self-inflicted.

I remember a few years ago back when I wasn't a trophy hunter I attempted to go for the Heavy Rain plat but doing that right after my story had just wrapped up felt weird and took the fun out of it. I can do it now as it's fresh again but it really doesn't lend itself to immediate replay. For Detroit Become Human though I didn't mind doing some additional playthroughs as it was not necessarily from start to finish and I was eager to see the other endings.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Can someone help with the answer, I will go for permadeath mode, not only for a trophy, but a challenge and fun too. So, question is can I use PDM with infinite ammo and any difficulty I want in plus setting. Just want to run around with MP5 and Sniper Rifle, like COD you know, but on something at least normal:).

• 1 month later...

I didn't like Permadeath mode, it's not even true permadeath, since you can set it to save per Chapter, in which you lose about... what? 30 minutes of gameplay if you die? There goes your challenge. There really shouldn't be a setting for this, either do PD, or don't! 

Tlou games are not really made for Permadeath, since every clicker can oneshot you.

I died 9 times, 5 of which were in the burning hovel! ?

Edited by Bratinov

• 1 month later...

I, for one, really appreciate the Permadeath mode, when it properly works that is.

My [Hard/Entire game Permadeath] run was halted when, after 5 hours, Ellie died by falling through a staircase. I don't mind having to restart because of a mistake I make but I don't tolerate losing hours of progress due to the game being buggy. I'm now playing on [Hard/per Chapter Permadeath] and I believe I'm nearing the end of my first run of the game (I'm playing Abby, Day 3) and so far it's been a fun gameplay experience but not without some major problems.

Before the last update I recorded 4 bug related deaths, a number that was, at the time, over 50% of my total deaths and caused me to put away the game for a long while. Ever since the patch came out I've not had any such issues so, for anyone willing to give Permadeath a try, this might be the best time to do so. 

That said, I believe there are some marked benefits to Permadeath for players such as myself who find the option to instantly restart to take away all the anxiety and pressure from encounters and exploration. I love when my plans go up in flames and I have to improvise to avoid repeating the last of hour of gameplay. It all adds some real tension to the experience as a whole which is something I think the characters would feel too given the situations they are confronted with and it's something that keeps me on my toes and ready to invest everything I have in any given moment.

Dying isn't fun but I can accept it for it's something that usually comes as a consequence of mistakes I make and it's a price I'm more than willing to pay when in exchange I get an experience that is more catered towards me and allows me to experience the game in, what I think is, a more vivid and involved way from how it would feel if was I playing without Permadeath. And all the postives and further enhanced by the fact that I don't know what's ahead of me since this is my first Playthrough.

I personally think that having options is a nice thing as it allows for more people to have the experience they desire and it doesn't really take anything away from other players. If you really really want that trophy I suggest you take some time off the game after having finished it, come back when ready and use your previously gained knowledge to take on the challanges ahead. There's no time limit on this so why rush it? Grounded/Permadeath aren't made with Trophy Hunters in mind as a priority, they are there as futher challanges for people who want something extra out of the game, a reason to play it again. 

Have fun!

• Like 1

After platinuming the game, I still have not come back for Permadeath and Grounded trophies. I plan to, but this game... it took a lot out of me. The first game I probably beat 8+ times, I loved it and have both the PS3 and PS4 versions at 100% but 2, I just... I don't know. I thought the combat and stealth didn't work as well as in the first game where I had it down to a science - Grounded was enjoyable for me. Not sure that will be the same for 2. So in answer to the OP's question, it would just be for the trophies if and when I get to it.

Grounded mode I really liked it, you need to plan everything, manage your resources take every combat scenario seriously, stealth combat in its prime, look everywhere to craft stuff! Having the “ fear “ that you are couple of hits of dying! It’s a very nice experience!

• 1 month later...

I completed the game and got the platinum close to a year ago. I felt two ways about the game.
Part of me really loved it. The gameworld is so full of detail, so convincing. I get totally drawn in when I start playing.
Ironically, that's also the problem. I find the game exhausting on another level. It's just all so... damned depressing. 
Just about every likable character gets either hurt or killed. 

So after completing it last year I decided on some cheerful games to play next.
But... The Last Of Us II platinum at 95 % still annoys me, so now I'm doing the permadeath run, on easy.
I'm sure it won't give me too much trouble, OK, maybe the Rat King encounter might... but I'll manage that.

Maybe I'll do grounded a year from now ;)