czDante92

Will you play the game in permdeath?  

733 members have voted

1. 1. Will you?

• I did/will do it for the trophy only
    • I did/will do it for the trophy and challenge as well
    • I won't

11 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

With cheats enabled, Grounded + permadeath in TLOU2 is easier than the first game. :)

Thanks for the heads up. Sadly, I think I spent all my points on unlocking the concept art and character models before the cheats were added. Might be able to unlock one or two things; though I guess I could faff about with the accessibility options too.

This game left me emotionally drained as well and I have gone so far as booting it up a couple of times this year but just turned it off after a few minutes. Maybe 2022 I'll finally wrap it up, possibly go for a 2 year anniversary completion or something. ?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Finally. I did it on my first playtrough, and glad i did. While trying to find as many collectibles as i could. What a terrible setting for this great game. The only thing i dislike with this awsome game is permadeath and the freaking 300 collectibles. Why do always developers put us trough this shit…. They should learn from games like shadow of war and mordor. Thats collectibles i dont mind at all.

• 1 month later...

I hate the freaking rapids section! Have wasted the last hour on stupid deaths because Abby keeps stopping at edge then jumping even though I am sprinting and then hitting the jump button.

Permadeath can take a long walk off a very short pier.

Sigh*, rant over.

Finally found what I have apparently doing wrong. I have been holding forward on the analog stick and holding L1 and pressing X at the edge.  All you need to do is walk up to edge and hold L1+X, Abby will do the rest.

Edited by da-Noob123