Will there be a DLC TROPHY PACK 2?

JawsJawsJaws

On 8/18/2020 at 11:26 PM, FRKN4O said:

The number 1 on the description clearly hints at a number 2 dlc pack IMO. 

Isn't that number a psnprofiles thing? When you check it on the PS4, it just shows "Grounded Mode".

To the OP: you should definitely expect some MP content to be added to this game, now if that will come with its share of trophies, or if the trophies will be on this list instead of a standalone list, that remains to be seen. I personally am assuming that there will be new trophies at some point.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, royal642award said:

I hope they don't ever add trophies if they do release a mp mode...

i would rather eat a handful of maggots than boost this shit.

It's most likely going to be a standalone game, ND did say the scope of MP eclipsed the expectations and had to be removed from the main title

• Like 1

A good practice to employ is to retain newly released triple A Playstation games for at least a year to see if new DLC trophies/content are added (just an arbitrary timeframe btw). What I do is to retain all my games without selling or trading in. I'm a collector at heart so I always purchase and keep physical copies and steelbooks when available for games I know that I like, especially 1st party.

• Like 1

I believe it won't have any more trophies. Naughty Dog clearly said, that they're working on multiplayer, but it definitely won't be a part of TLoU2. Which means, they gonna release a standalone multiplayer game, i suppose. Also, I'm sure they will be more interested in selling it apart from TLOU2, than just launch it for free a year or so after the release of single campaign. 

• Like 1

Although I would love a Factions Standalone list with a platinum trophy, I actually would prefer if they added Factions as a free update to the main game with some new trophies, because that would mean I wouldn’t have to spend more money. I think this would be a fair and nice thing to do from Naughty Dog’s part, considering the game sold so well. And Ghost of Tsushima is getting the same treatment, so I don’t think a free Factions update is impossible.

• Like 1

On 26-8-2020 at 3:48 AM, SealedCard said:

Isn't that number a psnprofiles thing? When you check it on the PS4, it just shows "Grounded Mode".

To the OP: you should definitely expect some MP content to be added to this game, now if that will come with its share of trophies, or if the trophies will be on this list instead of a standalone list, that remains to be seen. I personally am assuming that there will be new trophies at some point.

Just checked it myself and you are right.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 7:45 PM, royal642award said:

I hope they don't ever add trophies if they do release a mp mode...

i would rather eat a handful of maggots than boost this shit.

If they do, I will be the first to reach out to you so we can boost!

• Like 3

If Naughty Dog wants to win over their fans/customers, it would make sense to include multiplayer for those of us who have already bought the game on PS4. Don't make us buy a stand alone new game just for multiplayer. If they wanted extra love/support, give those same customers a free digital code for the PS5 version so we don't have to buy it again. At least, that's what I would have announced on the "Last of Us Day". I think they really failed on their day. It turned out to be nothing more than a money grab of buy our merch and look at these new GIF's/wallpaper when all we wanted was news of Multiplayer or a possible new story DLC like Left Behind. If it includes new trophies, then so be it. We all heard the stories that Ellie and Abby each had 5 days each but the final game version whittled it down to 3 days each. There's tons of stuff that hit the cutting room floor that they can scrape together and flesh out. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2020-08-26 at 6:40 AM, Carol said:

Although I would love a Factions Standalone list with a platinum trophy, I actually would prefer if they added Factions as a free update to the main game with some new trophies, because that would mean I wouldn’t have to spend more money. I think this would be a fair and nice thing to do from Naughty Dog’s part, considering the game sold so well. And Ghost of Tsushima is getting the same treatment, so I don’t think a free Factions update is impossible.

I agree with everything you said here. I’m not a huge fan of DLC and having to go back and mop up old games I’ve finished, so ideally for me I’d like if Factions 2 was released as a standalone game that can be downloaded for free if you own a copy of the game, with its own separate trophy list and platinum. That would be ideal!

Thats one of the things I hate the most... 

Beating and 100% a game's trophy list then moving onto another game. Then later finding out they added harder difficulty trophies and there might be another DLC that will add more to the trophy list.. So now you have to go back and try to remember all the controls and everything. 

If they're smart they would make it a free to play and with a separate trophy list.

• Like 3