jimmymac1225

Survival Expert Not Popping

36 posts in this topic

Playing through the game, unlocked all the Ellie upgrades (supplements stop showing up, except one random locker in aquarium).

 

Playing through with Abby, unlocked her last upgrade and... nothing. Finished the chapter. Still nothing. 

 

Playing through on grounded+ and permadeath (by chapter)

 

So... am I screwed? Am I misunderstanding something about the trophy? Last one I need for platinum, so really hoping there is a fix.

Edited by jimmymac1225
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need more confirmations for this. I’m also planning to unlock all player upgrades trophy on Grounded but I have not reached Abby’s section yet.

 

This used to work in TLoU1.

 

What we know for sure is that some skills are not available on Grounded difficulty.

 

@GonzoWARgasm How far have you progressed?

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I popped it on Grounded, but I may have already purchased the unavailable upgrades on a lower difficulty.

 

So although they are not there on grounded, my game may have had all upgrades ticked off.....possibly.....but I definitely popped it on grounded.

 

Are you sure that you have ALL available upgrades purchased at any one time???

 

I mean you cant purchase 1, then reload to get those points back and then purchase a different one this time instead, all must be unlocked.

 

What Chapter are you on btw??

 

There is a trophy for buying 25 player upgraded as well, are there even 25 available with the same character on Grounded??

 

EDIT:

Also, how do you know supps stopped showing? I know they do, but in this instance, you still had some appear and how do you know that you wasnt just seeing less because you were on Grounded as supps are a LOT less common there??

 

Maybe you went through the chapter on Grounded twice, once WITHOUT everything upgraded and once WITH which is how you know. Just very curious as this is quite important.......

 

Its possible that even though you have upgraded everything available on Grounded, the game is aware that you actually havent purchased everything (other upgrades) and so is still showing supps.....

Edited by Optinooby
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played through on a custom difficulty on my first playthrough. It's interesting to note that other trophies like "Arms Master" did unlock for me. I don't think the difficulty prevented the trophy from popping. I just went back and confirmed I had all abilities unlocked.

 

I'm on the island with Abby now. Once I clear the island and regain control of Ellie, I'm hoping the trophy might pop.

 

The one weird thing is that supplements stop appearing once you buy all abilities, but in the Aquarium, I randomly found supplements in a locker (after finding none for a many encounters). Im wondering if it IS bugged, if it might be related to picking up those supplements after im not supposed to be able to.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jimmymac1225 said:

I played through on a custom difficulty on my first playthrough. It's interesting to note that other trophies like "Arms Master" did unlock for me. I don't think the difficulty prevented the trophy from popping. I just went back and confirmed I had all abilities unlocked.

 

I'm on the island with Abby now. Once I clear the island and regain control of Ellie, I'm hoping the trophy might pop.

 

The one weird thing is that supplements stop appearing once you buy all abilities, but in the Aquarium, I randomly found supplements in a locker (after finding none for a many encounters). Im wondering if it IS bugged, if it might be related to picking up those supplements after im not supposed to be able to.

 

Hmmm, so you're sure supps definitely are not appearing even though Grounded potentially has only 1/5 of the Supps that other difficulties have.......

 

(You may have found none during many encounters simply because those supps dont exist on Grounded!!)

 

Arms Master should be fine because all weapon upgrades are still available.

 

Did you check all abilities with Abby/Ellie on current playthrough? Switch to easy and check......

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am only up to Ellie's Day 3 on NG+ on Grounded+ (my second playthrough in total) so @jimmymac1225 has progressed more. 

 

@Optinooby: Supplements and gun parts stopped spawning after fully upgrading her on Day 1. I strongly suspect that if I had not found so many of each in my first playthrough then they would have run out later in the game (I think it most likely that the game recognises that you're fully upgraded and stops spawning them, more so than being lucky and having just enough hard-coded into the game). 

 

To be clear, Grounded difficulty has removed options for upgrading Ellie via supplements. Either two or three of the five upgrade trees have only four upgrade options instead of five in my first playthrough on Hard. It is the left-most two or three trees. 

 

*I do not know which upgrades they are. Maybe someone can help shed more light by comparing their game?*

 

Unlike TLOU1, in which @HusKy recalls that Joel would be meet trophy requirements for "all possible upgrades on that difficulty," it appears that in TLOU2, the trophy requirement must be to unlock "all upgrades in the game." 

 

*I would suggest that it cannot be unlocked on Grounded unless the prior upgrades (those that aren't available in Grounded) in the first two or three upgrade trees were already unlocked in a prior playthrough. This will likely need testing to confirm.*

 

Bad luck for us all. Three playthroughs it is.

 

*We must not save over the first completed playthrough's save file. When finished with the NG+ run, HOPEFULLY we can reload that original completed run's save file, then use it to commence a new NG+ playthrough for this trophy. This is because I have heard that there is no NG++ function. Again, someone else will beat me to confirming this.*

 

Clear as mud? Hope this helps :/

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say, the combination of Collectibles+Upgrades and Grounded+Permadeath makes for a miserable experience. I'm thinking about starting from scratch because I haven't gotten that far yet.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

I am only up to Ellie's Day 3 on NG+ on Grounded+ (my second playthrough in total) so @jimmymac1225 has progressed more. 

 

@Optinooby: Supplements and gun parts stopped spawning after fully upgrading her on Day 1. I strongly suspect that if I had not found so many of each in my first playthrough then they would have run out later in the game (I think it most likely that the game recognises that you're fully upgraded and stops spawning them, more so than being lucky and having just enough hard-coded into the game). 

 

To be clear, Grounded difficulty has removed options for upgrading Ellie via supplements. Either two or three of the five upgrade trees have only four upgrade options instead of five in my first playthrough on Hard. It is the left-most two or three trees. 

 

*I do not know which upgrades they are. Maybe someone can help shed more light by comparing their game?*

 

Unlike TLOU1, in which @HusKy recalls that Joel would be meet trophy requirements for "all possible upgrades on that difficulty," it appears that in TLOU2, the trophy requirement must be to unlock "all upgrades in the game." 

 

*I would suggest that it cannot be unlocked on Grounded unless the prior upgrades (those that aren't available in Grounded) in the first two or three upgrade trees were already unlocked in a prior playthrough. This will likely need testing to confirm.*

 

Bad luck for us all. Three playthroughs it is.

 

*We must not save over the first completed playthrough's save file. When finished with the NG+ run, HOPEFULLY we can reload that original completed run's save file, then use it to commence a new NG+ playthrough for this trophy. This is because I have heard that there is no NG++ function. Again, someone else will beat me to confirming this.*

 

Clear as mud? Hope this helps :/

 

As I mentioned further up, the trophy CAN BE ACHIEVED on Grounded, but the unavailable upgrades had been purchased on easy beforehand.

 

So its difficult to say if they actually made a difference or not without further testing because although I popped it on Grounded, TC here can't....

 

And the upgrades not available are the ones connected to abilities you cant use in Grounded. Listening Mode for example, its disabled in Grounded (except for accessisibility) which is why the upgrades are not available.

 

Im thinking off doing a vid on this on the weekend where I try to break everything down.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@GonzoWARgasm, @Optinooby, you guys nailed it. Since I am on grounded, listen mode player upgrades do not appear.

 

I re-loaded previous chapters on Moderate, and there they are. Fortunately, everything is unlocked for Ellie, so it seems likely I (and others) can just reload by chapter and play through on lower difficulty.

 

I tested by backing up my permadeath save and reloading an Abby chapter on moderate. Supplements are appearing again. So presumably I just play through a chapter or two to get the supplements I need, and the trophy will pop. That wouldn't be a big deal

Edited by jimmymac1225
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay all, I went back a chapter grabbed some supplements, and unlocked the last listening mode upgrade. Because I had already unlocked the upgrade AFTER the listening perk, I didn't have to unlock it again. Trophy popped.

 

Thanks to @HusKy, @Optinooby, and @GonzoWARgasm. Appreciate you pointing these things out.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I guess we can safely assume that if you play the game only on Grounded (NG and NG+), you will never unlock all upgrades required for the trophy.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, HusKy said:

So I guess we can safely assume that if you play the game only on Grounded (NG and NG+), you will never unlock all upgrades required for the trophy.

 

Looks that way, unless the developers change this in a future update. 

Edited by jimmymac1225
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jimmymac1225 said:

Okay all, I went back a chapter grabbed some supplements, and unlocked the last listening mode upgrade. Because I had already unlocked the upgrade AFTER the listening perk, I didn't have to unlock it again. Trophy popped.

 

Thanks to @HusKy, @Optinooby, and @GonzoWARgasm. Appreciate you pointing these things out.

 

 Great you got it m8

 

But just a question, you say you had unlocked the upgrade tree AFTER the listening mode tree on a later Chapter, BUT, you loaded a earlier Chapter, unlocked the Listening Mode tree and the trophy popped even though the tree AFTER was locked (though you had unlocked it on a different save).....is that right..........???

 

I ask because I tried something like this on release....... I got hoarded tonnes of parts/supps, I then unlocked everything I had enough for, then reloaded to get points back and unlocked everything else!!

 

What you experience makes it appear the above actually works. Either it was changed to work with the DLC, or I missed some small variable somewhere which is why it didn't work for me..........

 

I tried it because I wanted to know if you could get all upgrades in 1 playthrough by exploiting the system somehow

 

 

Edited by Optinooby
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Optinooby said:

 

 Great you got it m8

 

But just a question, you say you had unlocked the upgrade tree AFTER the listening mode tree on a later Chapter, BUT, you loaded a earlier Chapter, unlocked the Listening Mode tree and the trophy popped even though the tree AFTER was locked (though you had unlocked it on a different save).....is that right..........???

 

I ask because I tried something like this on release....... I got hoarded tonnes of parts/supps, I then unlocked everything I had enough for, then reloaded to get points back and unlocked everything else!!

 

What you experience makes it appear the above actually works. Either it was changed to work with the DLC, or I missed some small variable somewhere which is why it didn't work for me..........

 

I tried it because I wanted to know if you could get all upgrades in 1 playthrough.

 

 

 

@Optinooby,

 

In grounded, you can still unlock upgrades that appear after the "listening mode" upgrades. The listening mode upgrade is just absent.

 

I went back to a previous chapter (the rat King chapter), but this was still after the chapter in my playthrough where I unlocked all AVAILABLE upgrades on grounded+ (the sky bridge chapter).

 

The end result was that I now had all upgrades (including Ellie's) simultaneously. I dont think its possible to get everything in one playthrough, but I wasn't 100% thorough either.

 

As an aside, I think the optimal strategy for time is probably to unlock upgrades strategically, grabbing listening perks on a lower difficulty, then play through grounded+ (with permadeath by chapter) to fulfill the remaining requirements. If you want 100% trophies, anyway.

 

I honestly think its kinda obnoxious that you can't unlock listening upgrades on grounded. I get the trade-off, they don't want players spending points on things they can't use, but i feel this could have been accomplished by rearranging the tree.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jimmymac1225 said:

 

@Optinooby,

 

In grounded, you can still unlock upgrades that appear after the "listening mode" upgrades. The listening mode upgrade is just absent.

 

I went back to a previous chapter (the rat King chapter), but this was still after the chapter in my playthrough where I unlocked all AVAILABLE upgrades on grounded+ (the sky bridge chapter).

 

The end result was that I now had all upgrades (including Ellie's) simultaneously. I dont think its possible to get everything in one playthrough, but I wasn't 100% thorough either.

 

As an aside, I think the optimal strategy for time is probably to unlock upgrades strategically, grabbing listening perks on a lower difficulty, then play through grounded+ (with permadeath by chapter) to fulfill the remaining requirements. If you want 100% trophies, anyway.

 

I honestly think its kinda obnoxious that you can't unlock listening upgrades on grounded. I get the trade-off, they don't want players spending points on things they can't use, but i feel this could have been accomplished by rearranging the tree.

 

When the trophy popped though, are you saying some upgrades were still locked on that specific moment?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jimmymac1225 said:

@Optinooby, no, all upgrades were unlocked

 

Thanks for the prompt replies m8 ;)

 

You said: 

"Because I had already unlocked the upgrade AFTER the listening perk, I didn't have to unlock it again. Trophy popped."

 

So I was reading something wasnt unlocked when the trophy popped??

 

EDIT:

Apologies, think im with ya now after looking at earlier posts xD

Edited by Optinooby
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does permadeath mean that you can chapter select and not lose that much of progress??? Or do you have to do it in one go?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NoiizeR- said:

Does permadeath mean that you can chapter select and not lose that much of progress??? Or do you have to do it in one go?

 

Yes to the first sentence friend ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh boy, thats a mess. 

Could someone list all perks that are not available on Grounded?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same issue here. Last upgrade left, I unlock it on GROUNDED+ & no trophy. I backed up my save right before getting the upgrade, just to be safe, but I can confirm - Survival Expert trophy is unobtainable on GROUNDED difficulty, due to lack of listen mode & it's corresponding upgrades. Don't know/cannot confirm if it unlocks after finishing the game & restarting on different difficulty.

Edited by Kunegunda_GoRyl
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30.11.2020 at 3:02 AM, Kunegunda_GoRyl said:

Same issue here. Last upgrade left, I unlock it on GROUNDED+ & no trophy. I backed up my save right before getting the upgrade, just to be safe, but I can confirm - Survival Expert trophy is unobtainable on GROUNDED difficulty, due to lack of listen mode & it's corresponding upgrades. Don't know/cannot confirm if it unlocks after finishing the game & restarting on different difficulty.

I popped mine on grounded so Its definitly obtainable. In my first playtrough i upgraded all "listening mode" perks  because they‘re Not available in grounded. After i upgraded my last perk with abby on grounded the Trophy popped :)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kor_H67 said:

I popped mine on grounded so Its definitly obtainable. In my first playtrough i upgraded all "listening mode" perks  because they‘re Not available in grounded. After i upgraded my last perk with abby on grounded the Trophy popped :)

 


Yeah I popped both of the upgrade trophies (perks/weapons) on Grounded+ just a few weeks ago so unless they’ve changed something very recently, it’s still possible.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not popping for me either. Glitched. 

On NG+ with abby , Ellie's upgrades are all bought. 

Any help please?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2020 at 10:01 AM, dieselmanchild said:


Yeah I popped both of the upgrade trophies (perks/weapons) on Grounded+ just a few weeks ago so unless they’ve changed something very recently, it’s still possible.

 

I popped them both on Grounded NG+ yesterday, so nothing has changed.  Most likely people didn't unlock a listen mode skill before moving on to Grounded, however in another thread I detailed how a skill I had unlocked on my first playthrough was locked again on my Grounded playthrough, but I was able to unlock the skill after it so I didn't notice at first, so it's possible that happened to other people.  Just scan all skills and make sure the unlock option is greyed out for all skills on both characters.  I had very few bugs on my first playthrough, but my Grounded NG+ playthrough was riddled with them (nothing gamebreaking, though).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.