Fastest/Efficient way to 100%?

BlackTorito

Quick question since I can’t seem to extract this from what I searched online and here.

I get the general idea that you have to keep unlocking difficulties and then farm some good build to tackle Way of Demon, but what is actually the most efficient/fastest route to do this? Playing on the hardest as possible from the beginning?

To unlock a new difficulty you need to complete the final mission called Queens Eyes. To unlock this mission you need to complete enough missions in each area to unlock the next area. As far as 100% goes you’ll need to complete Way of the Samurai difficulty then Way of the Strong difficulty which will unlock Way of the Demon difficulty. Then you’ll need to find a WotD build that you want to use and farm all the necessary gear and use the blacksmith to get whatever skills on each piece of gear you need and farm enough amrita to be a sufficient level for your build. There’s no real point trying to complete every mission in every area for the two lower difficulties as you’ll need to do that on WotD anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FilmFanatic said:

To unlock a new difficulty you need to complete the final mission called Queens Eyes. To unlock this mission you need to complete enough missions in each area to unlock the next area. As far as 100% goes you’ll need to complete Way of the Samurai difficulty then Way of the Strong difficulty which will unlock Way of the Demon difficulty. Then you’ll need to find a WotD build that you want to use and farm all the necessary gear and use the blacksmith to get whatever skills on each piece of gear you need and farm enough amrita to be a sufficient level for your build. There’s no real point trying to complete every mission in every area for the two lower difficulties as you’ll need to do that on WotD anyway.

I see, so pretty much “rush” towards the Queen’s Eyes, complete it twice and then start working on all quests in Way of Demon.

Thank you!

10 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

I see, so pretty much “rush” towards the Queen’s Eyes, complete it twice and then start working on all quests in Way of Demon.

Thank you!

Yes, but you're going to annoy yourself if you try to rush through. Ive tried on Nioh 1 and 2 and there are just not 'beginner rush through friendly'.

That said though, at least with Nioh 1 you can cheese it right from the very first beginning with a Living Weapon build.

Yes, LW buids were nerfed, but they STILL break the game. To keep the game fast and efficient, you will want to use the LW build.

Have a google, and if you are getting mixed results (some say its no good now its been nerfed, others say its not and others dont set it up right or realise it can be used from the first few minutes), come back here and give me a shout and i'll relay what I know and learnt after going for a fast efficient plat myself ;)

Edited by Optinooby

9 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

Yes that’s one way to go. I’d do all main/sub missions on your first playthrough so you know what you’re up against. Twilight missions can wait as they are just higher level versions of other missions. For the DLC just play them on WotD as they are really hard without having very high level gear that you generally aren’t going to have on the two lower difficulties. Other than that just enjoy the game. If you like Soulsborne games then this is easily the best outside of the From Software games and combat is a heap of fun.

• Like 1

I agree with @FilmFanatic. Play through the game on NG without rushing too much, but don't worry about completing all missions. Whenever you pick up gear that is better than what you are currently wearing, put it on. Getting a build going ain't important just yet, especially since you'll throw away everything by the time you reach NG++. 

Once you unlock NG+, do try to unlock the last main mission, beat it, and you will have unlocked Way of the Demon. 

This is the point where you should take a break. You might have tried out different weapons, so pick the one you want to use. Before moving on, you really should decide on a build you want to use. Extra damage from behind? Ki-destruction? Throwing build using Ninjutsu? Way of the Demon is extremely unforgiving, and putting a build together with good synergies is very important. You'll need to learn everything there is to know about the Blacksmith, especially what Soul Forging does and how to use it efficiently. You'll probably spend a lot of time putting a build together, while progressing through WotD. Do all missions, including Twilight Missions whenever low-level ones show up, and also do the DLC here. 

My time for 100% was roughly 190 hours since I got the plat before the DLC came out. I would argue that if you play the way we described, you could get this 100% in less than 150 hours. 

For the first two playthrough though... just have fun learning how to approach combat in this fantastic game! :)

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Yes, but you're going to annoy yourself if you try to rush through. Ive tried on Nioh 1 and 2 and there are just not 'beginner rush through friendly'.

That said though, at least with Nioh 1 you can cheese it right from the very first beginning with a Living Weapon build.

Yes, LW buids were nerfed, but they STILL break the game. To keep the game fast and efficient, you will want to use the LW build.

Have a google, and if you are getting mixed results (some say its no good now its been nerfed, others say its not and others dont set it up right or realise it can be used from the first few minutes), come back here and give me a shout and i'll relay what I know and learnt after going for a fast efficient plat myself ;)

Well I quoted the rush, not meant literally, just that I would basically only do main quests and not stray from the path as I usually do.

Thanks for the LW build tip, will check it out, sounds like a fun weapon I guess haha

1 minute ago, BlackTorito said:

Well I quoted the rush, not meant literally, just that I would basically only do main quests and not stray from the path as I usually do.

Thanks for the LW build tip, will check it out, sounds like a fun weapon I guess haha

A LW build is not really fun and isn't tied to a specific weapon. It's an exploit. You just keep Living Weapon going, but you won't really learn how to play the game. 

You can give it a go, but you'll be bored to death ;)

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

A LW build is not really fun and isn't tied to a specific weapon. It's an exploit. You just keep Living Weapon going, but you won't really learn how to play the game. 

You can give it a go, but you'll be bored to death ;)

I see, I’ll pass then. Not really a fan of rushing anyway.

I’ll definitely check that Ki-Destruction you mentioned, sounds amazing, getting Dragon Ball flashbacks and pumped me up! Lol

14 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

I see, I’ll pass then. Not really a fan of rushing anyway.

I’ll definitely check that Ki-Destruction you mentioned, sounds amazing, getting Dragon Ball flashbacks and pumped me up! Lol

Yea, case of differeny strokes for different folks

As @Arcesius said, some will find it boring, but thats only from his/her perspective. Myself plus many others enjoy using it, so guess whatever you wish or what you may enjoy, only you will know

All I will say is using LW build will remove 10s of hours from your platinum time. That may be subjective, Nioh is structured around loot mainly, using a LW build removes a lot of the 'loot' grinding.

My opinion, play exactly how you want my friend, we all enjoy stuff in different ways, I just believe its always nice to provide the info, then you can decided what to do with it.

Good luck, fun game but can be challenging ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

As @Arcesius said, some will find it boring, but thats only from his/her perspective. Myself plus many others enjoy using it, so guess whatever you wish or what you may enjoy, only you will know

All I will say is using LW build will remove 10s of hours from your platinum time. That may be subjective, Nioh is structured around loot mainly, using a LW build removes a lot of the 'loot' grinding.

My opinion, play exactly how you want my friend, we all enjoy stuff in different ways, I just believe its always nice to provide the info, then you can decided what to do with it.

Fair enough, I always end up checking various builds on these games, so if the loot doesnt click for me I might check as well the LW.

Thank you all for your inputs :) 

16 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Yeah but I also remember you stating that you find Nioh 2 really difficult because, unlike Nioh, there are no such cheese-builds. If you use a proper build, you might need 10s of hours longer for the 100%, but you will also have learned how to play the game properly, making for instance Nioh 2 much easier in comparison :) 

Edited by Arcesius

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

Yeah but I also remember you stating that you find Nioh 2 really difficult because, unlike Nioh, there are no such cheese-builds. If you use a proper build, you might need 10s of hours longer for the 100%, but you will also have learned how to play the game properly, making for instance Nioh 2 much easier in comparison :) 

I did m8 yea, I gave up on Nioh 2 actually, I like cheesing, I dont like grinding.

I guess you could probably say Nioh isnt the game for me, but I do like Souls type games, and liked Nioh 1 due to LW build. I think its must loot based games are not my cup of tea, I dont think i'll be getting Nioh 3.

I did finish Nioh 2, found it bloody hard though!

On 8/19/2020 at 4:34 AM, Arcesius said:

Most people who have Nioh 2 and finished did in fact play the first Nioh. That is reflected in the trophy percentages, which are rather high considering the difficulty of these games.

• Like 1