some questions to people who like it and are getting the 100%

@MatThaRiPP3R84 think the trophies are fixed now, but it will take hundreds of hours to 100% it. The platinum itself took me around 100 hours or more - but even though I have nothing to do with real hunting, I still think this is one of my favorite games on PS4. I will probably never complete it as I want to play other games as well, but I gladly return to it every now and then and I strongly recommend it (though patience is required).

As for difficulty, it's probably 4-5 (base game probably 4), many trophies come from normal gameplay, but there are missions with more detailed requirements which require some skill (but even more so, as mentioned before, patience).

Edited by det_gittes
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vern3r0z said:

Im one of the people with 100%, time wise i would say it has taken me 500 hours to get everything. Hardest thing is probably the parque fernandos finest trophy and ghost trophy for yukon. Cuatro colinas also requires you to get 5 diamonds so it can be annoying. The other DLC's arent that bad.

In your opinion, what is the difficulty to 100% it?

Edit: Saw your edited point, thank you.

Edited by TheVengeance1231

3 hours ago, Vern3r0z said:

Im one of the people with 100%, time wise i would say it has taken me 500 hours to get everything. Hardest thing is probably the parque fernandos finest trophy and ghost trophy for yukon. Cuatro colinas also requires you to get 5 diamonds so it can be annoying. The other DLC's arent that bad.

A more detailed write up that i have made on PSNT trophy difficulty thread:

Voted 6, the game can definetly be challenging at first, but with patience you will overcome the challenge. From the two base game maps i would definetly recommend people to start with Layton as it it way easier and can teach you the games mechanics and rules better. Both base game maps have couple of god awful missions and most of the missions in the game require you to get lucky with RNG (Red deer gold rank heartshot comes to mind). However with luck and persistence the challenge can be overcome.

I will write a little bit about the DLC as well.

The first DLC Medved taiga wasn't that bad, although there were a couple of RNG heavy missions here also. I would rate this DLC at 6/10.

The second DLC Vurhonga savanna was by far the easiest of the bunch, maybe a couple of a bit annoying missions. This DLC gets a rating of 4/10.

The main missions really get easier from here on out. But the real challenge of this DLC is the "A Sample of Parque Fernando's Finest"- trophy. This DLC took me 2 weeks to compete overall, so i got pretty lucky with my diamonds, but even i had to look for one animal for over a week. Its all random as to how lucky you get with them diamonds. But the act of getting the diamonds after you find them isn't that hard and the missions were ok. Because of that this DLC also gets a 6/10 rating.

Currently the last DLC Yukon Valley might be the easiest DLC for you. Its all down to luck of getting the albino wolf for the ghost trophy. This took me 5 weeks to get. For you it could be the first wolf you see. Apart from that some of the mission arcs in this DLC were pretty hard (the gold score bear heart shot with bow) for example. So im going with a 7/10 with this one, because hunting for the damn wolf made me salty as hell.

Thought i'd update my post here since the newest Cuatro Colinas DLC came out. Just finished up most of the trophies for the DLC apart from a semi story related one: "shady dealings", which is currently bugged for some players, most on psnp. By looking at the trophy time stamps looks like i took close to 3 weeks with this DLC, so not so bad as some of the other ones. Nothing was too difficult with this DLC apart from one mission, which required you to get a diamond european hare. This one took me close to a week to find. Other difficult trophy was the "grand slam" trophy which requires you to harvest a male diamond Ibex of every 4 species on the map. Three of them i found suprisingly quickly, while the fourth one took a while to find. Overall i'd rate this DLC a 5/10, if you get nice luck but of course it could be harder. Nowhere near as bad as Parque Fernando, since the ibexes are not tied to a mission so you can look for them in multiplayer also.

I just 100% the newest DLC SIlver Ridge Peaks. Nothing really tough here, only harder trophy is for harvesting a diamond turkey, which also bugged for me. Had to reload a save couple of times and shoot the same turkey again for it to count for some reason. This DLC doesn't have any side missions, and you don't have to hunt anything during the main mission story arc. It took me 5 days to complete this DLC, so its the quickest one yet, and 3 of those days were spent looking for the diamond turkey. Difficulty wise i would say that this is tied for the easiest with Vurhonga savanna at 4/10. This could be easier for you if you have good luck with the turkey. They also seem to be pretty common diamonds. A negative about the DLC is a change that they made to animal drink times, which are now only for one hour, compared to the old 3-4 hours so its harder to locate the animals. If it wasn't for that change and if the trophies popped normally i would rate this at 3/10.

Could you briefly say if the multiplayer makes anything easier? Though I've spent an awful lot of time in this game, I never played in the multiplayer.

2 hours ago, det_gittes said:

Could you briefly say if the multiplayer makes anything easier? Though I've spent an awful lot of time in this game, I never played in the multiplayer.

You could use multiplayer for some of the trophies (cuatro ibexes, diamond turkey and ghost). It might be useful, personally i prefer single since you can change the time when you want and have your tents etc. setup. Only time multiplayer was useful for me was when i got the albino wolf from there after 5 weeks of looking in single player. Multiplayer can be useful for anything that is not tied to missions on your own map.

I think it took me around 80-90 hours to platinum the game, but I had around 40 hours gameplay already on PC - so I knew pretty much what to do, and what skills and perks to go after.

The hardest parts were some of the side missions, which proved to be impossible, but luckily not required for any trophies.

There is a side mission in Germany, where you have to track a red deer, and shoot two red deers at night, at "Red Deer Canyon". The problem is that one of the big game updates removed red deer spawns and need zones, at that particular mission area. And they never bothered to fix the side mission. Probably spent 5-6 hours searching for those damn red deers, and never saw a single one.

And yeah, not to forget the "shoot a gold medal red deer in the heart" main mission, which truly sucked.

6 hours ago, Vern3r0z said:

I just 100% the newest DLC SIlver Ridge Peaks. Nothing really tough here, only harder trophy is for harvesting a diamond turkey, which also bugged for me. Had to reload a save couple of times and shoot the same turkey again for it to count for some reason.

How do you save an animal?
Thought all animals dissapeared when you quit the game, and randomly respawned.

12 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

i remember reading this is full of broken trophies is it true? seems people can finish it

what sort of timescale would it take to 100% it

how hard is it? bare in mind the only real hunting i've ever done in a game was the rdr 2 hunting

they ever gunna stop doing dlc? lol

The hunting game genre has intrigued me for quite some time, so I picked up Hunting Simulator a few months ago in a sale. I'm about 80% of the way through it and have found it to be a pleasant gaming experience (I don't RL hunt either).

I won't try to compare the two games bc I haven't played this, but I'd suggest trying out Hunting Simulator first, as the platinum for that will only take me around 20-25 hours. If you like it, you can step up to the major leagues with this game(as I plan to). 

If you do pick up Hunting Simulator, let me know, and I can give out some tips that will make the platinum run less time consuming. 

Happy hunting to all! 

42 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

I think it took me around 80-90 hours to platinum the game, but I had around 40 hours gameplay already on PC - so I knew pretty much what to do, and what skills and perks to go after.

The hardest parts were some of the side missions, which proved to be impossible, but luckily not required for any trophies.

There is a side mission in Germany, where you have to track a red deer, and shoot two red deers at night, at "Red Deer Canyon". The problem is that one of the big game updates removed red deer spawns and need zones, at that particular mission area. And they never bothered to fix the side mission. Probably spent 5-6 hours searching for those damn red deers, and never saw a single one.

And yeah, not to forget the "shoot a gold medal red deer in the heart" main mission, which truly sucked.

How do you save an animal?
Thought all animals dissapeared when you quit the game, and randomly respawned.

The animals on your map stay the same, locate a need zone for an animal and its always there.

19 minutes ago, Vern3r0z said:

The animals on your map stay the same, locate a need zone for an animal and its always there.

I know that the need zones stay, but didn't think the exact same animal would respawn?

Like when you discover a need zone for a herd of animals, will it always be the exact same herd (medal and trophy rating)?

If yes, how do you play then?

Every time you spot a gold or higher rating, you quit the game and make a backup save, instead of shooting the animal in the moment?

3 hours ago, janzor88 said:

I know that the need zones stay, but didn't think the exact same animal would respawn?

Like when you discover a need zone for a herd of animals, will it always be the exact same herd (medal and trophy rating)?

If yes, how do you play then?

Every time you spot a gold or higher rating, you quit the game and make a backup save, instead of shooting the animal in the moment?

I don't bother with golds, but if i spot a potential diamond aka lvl 5 or 9 i might make a backup then. This was definetly more necessary back when the quick kill affected the score.

Edited by Vern3r0z
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 20-8-2020 at 2:58 AM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

it sounds great from what i've read and seen, high concentration low intensity, i thought rdr2 was a game of patience but this takes it to a whole other level.

The game does take patiance, but that is why I do always go back to this game.
I love Hirschfelden and Medvet the most, and I recently started a new save on my PS5. From reading this I heared the trophies are fixed, but I had so much bugged DLC trophies here I think it also need a bit of luck to unlock them all. (Or in my case, the ones I got for Medvet all unlock random or not at all, but that was in 2018.)

If you are going for the main game trophies, they all should work now.
Even the DLC ones should work as well.
Just make a backup of the game often, somethimes an updates will break something (ehm, the trophy lodge), but then you can just put the save file back after a hotfix.

I would for sure recommend the game. ?

Edited by NL_Sion

• 4 weeks later...
On 29.12.2020 at 3:17 PM, NL_Sion said:

I love Hirschfelden and Medvet the most, and I recently started a new save on my PS5.

How does this game play on the PS5? Does it have a better framerate? I also imagine that the loading times shorter for fast travel and changing reserves, right? I will probably get a PS5 in a few months (they are hardly available now anyway) and I will then gladly return to this game (another reason I don't like playing it now is that the console fans get really loud, I also hope that it won't be a problem in the new generation).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 25-1-2021 at 10:20 PM, det_gittes said:

How does this game play on the PS5? Does it have a better framerate? I also imagine that the loading times shorter for fast travel and changing reserves, right? I will probably get a PS5 in a few months (they are hardly available now anyway) and I will then gladly return to this game (another reason I don't like playing it now is that the console fans get really loud, I also hope that it won't be a problem in the new generation).

If the fan gets loud you should replace the thermal paste and maybe clean the ventilator ;)

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/08/2020 at 1:26 PM, Vern3r0z said:

A more detailed write up that i have made on PSNT trophy difficulty thread:

Voted 6, the game can definetly be challenging at first, but with patience you will overcome the challenge. From the two base game maps i would definetly recommend people to start with Layton as it it way easier and can teach you the games mechanics and rules better. Both base game maps have couple of god awful missions and most of the missions in the game require you to get lucky with RNG (Red deer gold rank heartshot comes to mind). However with luck and persistence the challenge can be overcome.

I will write a little bit about the DLC as well.

The first DLC Medved taiga wasn't that bad, although there were a couple of RNG heavy missions here also. I would rate this DLC at 6/10.

The second DLC Vurhonga savanna was by far the easiest of the bunch, maybe a couple of a bit annoying missions. This DLC gets a rating of 4/10.

The main missions really get easier from here on out. But the real challenge of this DLC is the "A Sample of Parque Fernando's Finest"- trophy. This DLC took me 2 weeks to compete overall, so i got pretty lucky with my diamonds, but even i had to look for one animal for over a week. Its all random as to how lucky you get with them diamonds. But the act of getting the diamonds after you find them isn't that hard and the missions were ok. Because of that this DLC also gets a 6/10 rating.

Currently the last DLC Yukon Valley might be the easiest DLC for you. Its all down to luck of getting the albino wolf for the ghost trophy. This took me 5 weeks to get. For you it could be the first wolf you see. Apart from that some of the mission arcs in this DLC were pretty hard (the gold score bear heart shot with bow) for example. So im going with a 7/10 with this one, because hunting for the damn wolf made me salty as hell.

Thought i'd update my post here since the newest Cuatro Colinas DLC came out. Just finished up most of the trophies for the DLC apart from a semi story related one: "shady dealings", which is currently bugged for some players, most on psnp. By looking at the trophy time stamps looks like i took close to 3 weeks with this DLC, so not so bad as some of the other ones. Nothing was too difficult with this DLC apart from one mission, which required you to get a diamond european hare. This one took me close to a week to find. Other difficult trophy was the "grand slam" trophy which requires you to harvest a male diamond Ibex of every 4 species on the map. Three of them i found suprisingly quickly, while the fourth one took a while to find. Overall i'd rate this DLC a 5/10, if you get nice luck but of course it could be harder. Nowhere near as bad as Parque Fernando, since the ibexes are not tied to a mission so you can look for them in multiplayer also.

I just 100% the newest DLC SIlver Ridge Peaks. Nothing really tough here, only harder trophy is for harvesting a diamond turkey, which also bugged for me. Had to reload a save couple of times and shoot the same turkey again for it to count for some reason. This DLC doesn't have any side missions, and you don't have to hunt anything during the main mission story arc. It took me 5 days to complete this DLC, so its the quickest one yet, and 3 of those days were spent looking for the diamond turkey. Difficulty wise i would say that this is tied for the easiest with Vurhonga savanna at 4/10. This could be easier for you if you have good luck with the turkey. They also seem to be pretty common diamonds. A negative about the DLC is a change that they made to animal drink times, which are now only for one hour, compared to the old 3-4 hours so its harder to locate the animals. If it wasn't for that change and if the trophies popped normally i would rate this at 3/10.

Is this hard because of the Skill required or is it hard because it's cheap and unfair?

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

Is this hard because of the Skill required or is it hard because it's cheap and unfair?

its hard because the patience required for some of the trophies, i wouldnt say theres anything actually difficult. But playing 5 weeks for one trophy before i got it (the albino wolf) and founding out later that the spawns were bugged in my game and it wasnt possible to get at the time are things that makes this kinda annoying. But to my knowledge the game should be fine now. Also any trophy relating to getting a diamondwill take you some time, but i wouldn't call them hard seeing how you can always back up your saves before trying for the animal on your map. Its just mostly time consuming to a big degree.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vern3r0z said:

its hard because the patience required for some of the trophies, i wouldnt say theres anything actually difficult. But playing 5 weeks for one trophy before i got it (the albino wolf) and founding out later that the spawns were bugged in my game and it wasnt possible to get at the time are things that makes this kinda annoying. But to my knowledge the game should be fine now. Also any trophy relating to getting a diamondwill take you some time, but i wouldn't call them hard seeing how you can always back up your saves before trying for the animal on your map. Its just mostly time consuming to a big degree.

Thank you for the info :). Time consuming/challenging I can deal with.

• Like 1