Trophy Thoughts?

TheSleepyBeauty

Honestly im really looking forward to both this and TemTem, Sw/Sh on Switch really were not my thing (even tho i appreciated recent Pokemon games) so im looking forward to these games. Trophies seems easy but it will all depend on the rarity and how hard some Nexomon will be to capture

Edited by loressj4
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, loressj4 said:

Honestly im really looking forward to both this and TemTem, Sw/Sh on Switch really were not my thing (even tho i appreciated recent Pokemon games) so im looking forward to these games. Trophies seems easy but it will all depend on the rarity and how hard some Nexomon will be to capture

if its like the phone game they made it wasnt too bad to capture them all

It's always annoying when people bring up Pokemon as if it has ownership of the monster collecting genre when it didn't even do it first.

Seems somewhat similar to the original Nexomon and the Steam Achievements for it. Just with more mechanics and actually designed for console/controller now and not just a mobile port. Took me 40 hours to get all the achievements in the original.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

Naming what is far and away the most popular monster collecting franchise, and one of most successful video game franchises of all time, isn't such a stretch, really, when discussing a game that has the feel, so to speak.  

Interesting to know about the original.  Safe to assume this one will be a broader experience.

Also, this is a second stack, which is fun.

It's an entire subgenre of RPG. Calling every fucking game in it a ripoff of Pokemon is stupid and tiresome. Particularly when Pokemon isn't even 2D anymore.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

It's an entire subgenre of RPG. Calling every fucking game in it a ripoff of Pokemon is stupid and tiresome. Particularly when Pokemon isn't even 2D anymore.

Perhaps you find it tiresome, but I don't agree it's stupid.  I feel there's a big difference between many games in this subgenre you speak of and games like Nexomon, which are clearly trying to attract the Pokemon audience and at a quick glance could easily be mistaken for Pokemon.

Edited by IntroPhenom
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

Perhaps you find it tiresome, but I don't agree it's stupid.  I feel there's a big difference between many games in this subgenre you speak of and games like Nexomon, which are clearly trying to attract the Pokemon audience and at a quick glance could easily be mistaken for Pokemon.

I don't care if you don't agree. No one series should get ownership of an entire genre to the point that all games in it are called ripoffs, that's how you get mediocrity like Sw/Sh from a franchise that's worth nearly 100 billion dollars. That game is what you'd expect a chinese knockoff of Pokemon to be, but it's an official product by the one and only GameFreak. And they get away with that because idiots cannot fathom that there can be more than one series in the universe about collecting creatures. A concept not originated by Pokemon in the first place. So every other game has to go up and over the hill of "omg pokemon ripoff reee" fanboys and stupid people who can't describe a monster collecting game any other way than "Pokemon".

• Like 4

On 8/20/2020 at 3:51 AM, Elvick_ said:

I don't care if you don't agree. No one series should get ownership of an entire genre to the point that all games in it are called ripoffs, that's how you get mediocrity like Sw/Sh from a franchise that's worth nearly 100 billion dollars. That game is what you'd expect a chinese knockoff of Pokemon to be, but it's an official product by the one and only GameFreak. And they get away with that because idiots cannot fathom that there can be more than one series in the universe about collecting creatures. A concept not originated by Pokemon in the first place. So every other game has to go up and over the hill of "omg pokemon ripoff reee" fanboys and stupid people who can't describe a monster collecting game any other way than "Pokemon".

I don't know why your so triggered over the top number 3 videogame franchise of all time. It's a highly wide-known series almost everyone knows about. Shit, even my grandma knows about Pokemon. Becoming successful with a physical card game, tv series/ movies, merchandise and games it's bound to always be that creature collecting series that will always take the title. Yes, there are games out there that probably came before Pokemon that involved creature collecting (maybe) but Pokemon did it much better. Do I think Pokemon has been stale for quite sometime with it's games? Yes. I just find your comment hilarious due to the fact i'm getting the hint you don't like Pokemon. To each their own I guess.

22 hours ago, Ampplaca said:

i dont think its a big deal. lots of times games are associated with the bigger franchise of a similar game type. Kind of like how many games are now souls-like as thats the biggest hit with that style of game. Its not a pokemon ripoff but saying its a pokemon style game isnt a bad thing to say

exactly! Just like farming games people mention Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley. Like I don't get how this person got so angry over this. Must be drinking crazy juice or something.

• Like 1

No one series should get ownership of an entire genre to the point that all games in it are called ripoffs

I don't think any time someone brings up a something that is similar, they're saying someone has ownership of a specific thing. Monster Hunter, Soulsborne, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Puyo Puyo and several others are just games people bring up and the idea is immediately understood. Why say it's a monster training and battling simulator that has RPG elements, evolution and more when I can say "it's a different take on Pokemon?" 

And they get away with that because idiots cannot fathom that there can be more than one series in the universe about collecting creatures.

Also, come on, Nexomon: Extinction is clearly going for a Pokemon vibe. Even many of the design elements mimic the game...

Nexomon-Extinction-Screen1-768x432.jpg

SM_Wild_battle.png

I mean, both show battle a very similar way, you can carry up to six monsters with you, there are icons that indicate which ones you've captured and total monsters with you, plus more. Don't get me wrong, saying it is a Pokemon rip off diminishes what the developers have done, but you lose the "Pokemon doesn't own the genre" defense when I could show any child a picture of this game and they'll instantly think Pokemon. At least things like God Eater, Freedom Wars, The Surge, Nioh, Mortal Shell, Hellpoint aren't so close to Monster Hunter/Soulsborne that it is the most defining aspect.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zadorvp said:

Looks like the trophies are buggy. Haven't gotten either Vanity Issues or Full Team yet despite meeting the requirements for both :)

Had the same problem.

Vanity Issues unlocked as i am nicknamed a nexomon at the "nexo box" inside a healing station.

There you have a chance to nicknane any nexomon you have.

Full Team unlocked as i caught the "7th" nexomon who get's automatically transfered to the box. (As you have a full team)

So i wouldn't say the trophies are really bugged.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

Better snag this before Nintendo claims copyright or some bs like they did with Dreams and made them take down Mario levels

It’s also available on the Switch so I highly doubt that would ever happen when they’ve already signed off on it. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MattPieti said:

I've definitely beaten more than 12 tamers and I have yet to get A Dozen Down. I wonder if the definition of "dozen" was changed recently when I wasn't looking.

There's a patch coming early next week.

According to the devs this should fix this and other bugs like frame rate drops / freezes.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dragonxlave said:

There's a patch coming early next week.

According to the devs this should fix this and other bugs like frame rate drops / freezes.

yep. Another issue is cosmic(shiny) nexomon dont have a big indicator right now so if you care about that stuff pay close attention 

• Like 2

What a game though. I honestly thought this was going to be some cheap mobile port that'd maybes have a 5-10 hour campaign but they've done a really good job with it. The story and writing is great and loving the art style. Sat and played 15 hours since yesterday and I can't stop.

Trophy wise I'd say given how far I am now with around 100 Nexomon caught it could take 40-50 hours to plat, I just hope there's no missables with capturing tyrant's or anything.

• Like 4