To Go trophy: how to get 10 blocks or steals?

Mathieumatic

The triple double with points, assists and rebounds are no problem. But steals or blocks, needed for the quadruple, are hard for me. I have a glass cleaning lockdown center as my player, also focused on shooting so not 100% defending and not maxed out height/strength etc. but still a lot. Currently 89 rated with 83 in blocks and 75 in steals.

With 12 minute quarters and on Pro difficulty, I usually get around 5/6 blocks and 3 steals naturally. The problem is when I start pushing for more, I make a foul or mistime a lot. Last few games I put Pogo Stick and Chasedown Artist on Hall of Fame to get more blocks, but these badges don't do a lot for me. Is there anyway to cheese more blocks or steals?

My final goals for this game before I put it down are to get this trophy, end the season and maybe play a little bit more for the MyTeam trophies. Because that collector trophy basically makes the platinum too grindy. Overall this is one of the better ps+ games, even for guys like me who don't care much about basketball. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

I had quadruple with steals, because my first build was SG. My advice is: you can save and quit from MyCareer (game saves after scoring, out of bounds, timeout, etc.). Just play few mins. When you got steal/block (depends what you want) just score or let opponent score, pause the game and save/quit. You don't have to backup save, because if you exit game via console menu, the game won't save any progress. So if you don't have any steal/block for like 3-4 mins, relaunch game and try to get those.

Probably blocks are much easier, because I was relaunching game a lot while trying with steals. Then today when I was doing my attempt for blocks (5 blocks trophy), I had it in first game without any problems (ofc played a little bit to get to starter 5 for more time). Ok, not first, but second, because first game on starter 5 was for 20 def rebounds and it's hard to get those and blocks in one match in 25 mins. If you want to have more chances to block opponents just play as Center and leave assignment. Opponent's center will get balls and you will have block opportunity in almost every possession. I had my 5 blocks in like 8 minutes of play and 3 of them were in one possession.

And btw if you want to platinum it, just use AH in MyTeam. 2-3 hours a day (while watching Netflix or something like that) there for 5 weeks + about 50 games and you got it.

Edited by SaviorKIA
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Mathieumatic said:

The triple double with points, assists and rebounds are no problem. But steals or blocks, needed for the quadruple, are hard for me. I have a glass cleaning lockdown center as my player, also focused on shooting so not 100% defending and not maxed out height/strength etc. but still a lot. Currently 89 rated with 83 in blocks and 75 in steals.

With 12 minute quarters and on Pro difficulty, I usually get around 5/6 blocks and 3 steals naturally. The problem is when I start pushing for more, I make a foul or mistime a lot. Last few games I put Pogo Stick and Chasedown Artist on Hall of Fame to get more blocks, but these badges don't do a lot for me. Is there anyway to cheese more blocks or steals?

My final goals for this game before I put it down are to get this trophy, end the season and maybe play a little bit more for the MyTeam trophies. Because that collector trophy basically makes the platinum too grindy. Overall this is one of the better ps+ games, even for guys like me who don't care much about basketball. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

I managed to get the quadruple double while hardly leveling my character at all. After you get your points and assists, the secret is to throw away every single offensive possession (full-court shot) and focus entirely on blocks. You will have far more opportunities to block this way and the coach surprisingly does not bench you because the CPU adjusts your minutes roughly according to your contract. Don't guard your opponent too heavily and let him get the ball and drive to the basket, then block him there. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SaviorKIA said:

If you want to have more chances to block opponents just play as Center and leave assignment. Opponent's center will get balls and you will have block opportunity in almost every possession. I had my 5 blocks in like 8 minutes of play and 3 of them were in one possession.

That's really smart actually, gonna try this out tomorrow.  I reckon this should work as long as the center is worse than me.Thanks.

2 hours ago, Tentativeuser said:

After you get your points and assists, the secret is to throw away every single offensive possession (full-court shot) and focus entirely on blocks.

Also a solid method that I will try out if the other one fails, thank you too!