Guatemalan retailer lists Prince of Persia remake for PS4, Switch

Guatemalan retailer MAX has listed a “Prince of Persia Remake” for PlayStation 4 and Switch with a November release window.

Bloomberg video game reporter Jason Schreier retweeted the leak with the comment, “Video game retailers sure love leaking Ubisoft’s surprise announcements,” suggesting the remake is real. Scherier has accurately leaked detailed information on Ubisoft titles in the past. When a user tweeted, “I don’t believe it’s true,” Schreier responded, “This tweet won’t age well.”

Given that this is a Ubisoft title, is likely that if this remake exists, it will also be available for Xbox One and PC, and possibly even PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/08/guatemalan-retailer-lists-prince-of-persia-remake-for-ps4-switch

• Like 1

Ah, I just created a topic for this game. You beat me by 3 minutes. ?

I think it's going to be a remaster of the 2008 game, but months ago, someone posted that the entire Sands of Time trilogy was getting remade and shared the picture that's now used in the listing as proof.

It could also be a 2D remake of the original Prince of Persia.

The listing has been taken down, but people have taken screencaps.

3TlNiNR.jpg

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If it will be released on Switch too then it won't be anything too impresive, we already know the game, gameplay and mechanics, so the only thing that they will improve should be graphics and performance (I don't think they will do a FFVIIR... It's Ubisoft...) but releasing it towards the end of a generation and in the weaker one too.... I really doubt it will be a remake...

What do you guys expected? I knew this would look pretty average if it would be released on Switch too... Still I have to recognize that it is a challenge to make a game looks like a PS3 one with the development tools of this time... Nice demake...

Edited by DeepEyes7

It looks like they went with a stylistic cartoony approach rather than more realistic. I honestly don't hate it. But it does give the impression that it's more of a heavily touched up remaster than a remake.

I only just played Forgotten Sands a few weeks ago and that was my first foray into the franchise...so as long as this isn't a technical mess, I'll probably check it out.