this is the worst game ever made and here is why

theninja223

2 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Have you thought about getting good at the game?

Well, It's not a game where you can "train" and "get better" because you can only move and jump. I actually don't have a problem with that, it's very common to get first place on a race or even win an episode for me. As you saw in the video, my team actually won the mini-game.

2 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

You've got bigger issues if you're willing to let a trophy drive you this crazy. 

Well, yes I have. I don't usually get to this point, but when everything in my life is shit and (as an indie developer and game lover) I get really upset when games like this one get released.

2 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I disagree that it's the worst game ever made, I've actually had a lot of fun with it to the point where I'm playing it beyond getting the platinum.

I'd also say that skill and strategy are big factor in getting wins, of course there is some luck with what game modes you're going to get but if you have no skill and strategy, how can you expect to win?

Also, that's a known bug with Rock'n'Roll and I believe it's been reported to the developers to address.  They have bug reporting on their website: https://support.fallguys.com/hc/en-us

Maybe it's not the WORST game ever made, but definitely(in my opinion) ONE of the worst games I've ever played. I started playing for fun, but slowly I noticed the game design is not very well planned. Think with me, remove all luck based things in the game(giant fruits being launched into a random direction, random troll players trying to push u for no reason, doors being randomly chosen in Door Dash, chaotic collision with other players pushing u out of the platform in Tip Toe etc etc etc) and you get a game with the only objective is moving from point A to B, removing

all of this, there is no strategy and skill involved. So in the end, it is an easy game, the problem is the inconsistencies. I would have no problem if the game was the same but with more consistency on collisions, fall height and physics(It would still be hard but FUN).

2 hours ago, McDermottx94 said:

I am going to assume that you want the platinum handed to you on a silver platter, is that it?

You are out of your mind? I did worse games than this, I don't have a problem with difficulty. If it's too hard for me, I have no shame in giving up. But this game is luck-based, that's the problem for me.

2 hours ago, ZandatsuRising said:

This is a game ONLY made for pure fun,  mostly for the casual family type and NOT for trophywhores,  so STOP complaining 

I am not talking about trophies, I am talking about the game itself. It is poorly coded, game design is practically 0.

1 hour ago, bruin-rocks said:

If your mental health is taking a toll because of a game maybe rethink your decisions and play a different game. 

It is hard to do this, games in my country are a fortune. And it is not very often I have a good game to play.

1 hour ago, Kittet3 said:

Do people not realize how many completely luck-based RNG trophies are out there? Not every trophy is skill-based. 

I am not dumb, I have a lot of luck-based trophies. I am not talking about the infallible trophy, I am talking about the entire game, this game is 98% luck. Just praying that your teammates aren't dumb, that the fruits won't fall on your head, that the platform you are on won't collapse etc etc etc.

1 hour ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Max level in 2 weeks on a game that you hate. 

Someones after a bit of attention i recon.

I started this game for fun, I play one or two hours every day because there is nothing else to do here. But slowly I noticed how this game is luck-based, now I am in the middle of platinum and I don't know if it's worthy to finish.

1 hour ago, theaface said:

If the Fall Guys Twitter handlers saw this, I wouldn’t be surprised if they took posted a screenshot and had a jolly good chuckle.

The Rock n Roll bug isn’t great and it’s something they need to fix, but holy hyperbole, Batman.

It is not JUST a bug, it is a bug with the simplest fix of all time. Even I know how to fix it and I have only a few years of coding experience.

And there is a lot of simple bugs like this, things that any team of more than 5 programmers could have fixed it before the release.

52 minutes ago, DiegoMolinams said:

lmao some trophy hunters are just something else ?

Who is talking about the trophies, man??? Yes, I am hunting the trophies but not getting them is not why I am pissed off!!!

51 minutes ago, MadEdders95 said:

This is honestly the kind of game you play to turn your brain off and not worry about trophies. I can that getting the plat is a pain in the arse, but if you're saying a game sucks because it's a hard plat, then imo you've removed yourself from what gaming is about, to have fun!

Again, I am not saying the game sucks because of the platinum. I am saying the game sucks because it is pure luck. If this game had more polishment then maybe it would be funnier.

31 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

This is really a game for fun, not much for trophy hunting. Maybe the game is not for you. I know it's not for me, that's why I don't play them.

As for worst game of all time? May I introduce you to such games as Ride to Hell Retribution, Black Mirror 2017, or Quiet Man? xD 

Well, I guess you guys can't read. I am not pissed of because of the platinum, I gave up on multiple platinums because they were hard. I am talking about the game design and poorly coding of fall guys.

Yes, it is a little bit too much to say WORST of all time. But in my opinion, the game design of fall guys is just as bad as games that are considered really bad like Rambo and these you mentioned.

I agree, pretty much garbage. I'd be furious if this cost money. See, the floaty-ness was ok in LBP since it was a single player game. Here there's no way to make jumps consistently. The fricking cucumber falls on level surfaces, the hell...

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mathieumatic said:

This is absolutely wrong. Almost every map has a strategy you need to memorize and get good at. Team games are probably the most luck-based (jinxed, i'm looking at you), but even some of those can be heavily influenced by your individual gameplay (example: half court shots in Fall Ball).  Eventually you'll reach a point where you'll start winning once every x amount games, then once every x-1 games and so on. Sure, you might get a game where a glitch or something else gets in your way, some factor you can't control. But I would say if you get good enough and start winning once every like three games: with the exploit that you can use, the infallible trophy will be a piece of cake.

I see on your PSNprofile that you haven't reached level 40 yet. You should probably reach that first, because if you win a game and start quitting other games, you're not gaining any fame/kudos. More games = more skill too 99.99% of the time, maybe watch some guide to learn the strategies on the different levels if you're stuck at some. I myself am not 40 yet so i'm postponing Infallible until that point. I think consistency is key too: you might get a 'lucky' win sometimes without using strategies but it will not be consistent at all. And, last point, if you genuinely feel like the trophy is affecting your mental health: stop playing the game. Games are meant to be a fun way of consuming your time, not some burden you lay on yourself to perform.

I don't have any problem with the difficulty! Every day I win a few episodes, first in races are also pretty common for me. I agree that some maps you have strats that you can follow, but they are not about being good or bad. They are just "shortcuts" to get first place, overall every map you can easily finish it without these "strats". I would say that hex-a-gone is one of the less luck-based minigames in fall guys, also some team games I am okay with it like the "rocket league rip-off" one with 2 goals and etc etc. The, in general, being able to finish the majority of the maps involve luck, there is one that is literally a straight line and you need only to go forward and pray that no fruit will fall on your head. If there is one coming in your direction you can't even dodge because the floor makes you slower. The crazy doors one where you need to check if the door is solid or you can't push it is actually pure luck too(it is actually really hard to NOT qualify with this one but is just an example of how luck-based this game is).

37 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

The guy has said he has mental health problems. People should be more careful with how they interact with people they don't know on a forum. Some of the comments on here are very harsh. 

To the OP - if you're genuinely not feeling mentally well at the moment, give up on this for the time being. It's not worth upsetting yourself over. Go for a walk, eat some healthy food and drink plenty of water! Get plenty of sleep and meditate. 

1f642.png

37 minutes ago, XXIIlII said:

No game becomes "worst game ever made" because of a trophy.

And dude take a break and try again few days later.

Good to see there are really nice people on the internet, thx bruh, I am just going through a phase, sure I am gonna get better but thanks!

And yes, I am overreacting with the "worst game ever made" but in my opinion is one of the worst games I have played and it is not about the trophy. Hard and unfair trophies I am used to it, the coding and gaming design that makes me angrier.

1 hour ago, theninja223 said:

Well, yes I have. I don't usually get to this point, but when everything in my life is shit and (as an indie developer and game lover) I get really upset when games like this one get released.

You're supposed to have fun trophy hunting. If it's just making your life worse then don't bother doing it. There's no point in destroying your mind over something that nobody will really care about.

Just now, shadowhood1111 said:

Not true I just got a 4 crown win streak and then lost it all. Am I salty? Yes! The game does require skill however if you yourself want to be good. I will say there are some times where I get worried like team challenges but other than that I don't see any luck based mechanics.

team tail tag - right trigger is not responsive, sometimes it will take the other player's tail and some other times it won't. Also, pray for your team to not be dumb and go after the tails. ALSO also, servers are really bad right now so other players usually take my tail being really far away from me(maybe it could be in my country but anyway, still sucks).

tail tag- same thing

roll out - pray that other players won't be in front of you when crossing platforms and hope that your character doesn't trip on stupid things. Also, collision with other players is so bad that sometimes you will be pushed out of the platform. Overall is an easy minigame but pray that other players won't make it worse.

block party - it starts very easy, and funny. But when jump gaps are smaller, you need to pray and hope that when jumping your character won't collide with another player and then trip, because if you do, you can't get up in time, all of a sudden your character forgets how to walk. Anyway, the problem with this one is the collisions that are inconsistent.

Rock n roll -  actually not a bad game but it depends so much on your team, if they are retarded they will start pushing the ball on random(and bad) directions. Also, some of them keep pressing the right trigger and making it all worst. In general, this minigame is ruined by its own players, the other teams as well(trying to push your ball at the opposite direction with no reason, because then they always lose).

door dash - easy and only luck, no challenge at all. also, not hard to finish it because its always on the beginning.

royal fumble - depends on the mood of your character, when you get the tail, hope that your character won't stay on the floor when falling from really small heights. One of the most non-sense/ non-funny ending minigames.

tip toe - cool minigame but it depends on the sacrifice of other players, and yours too. Maybe a little bit unfair but the worst part is the collisions that push players away with no reason. Not the worst of them all but just saying.

jinxed - it's just horrible because of the grab range and inconsistency.

fruit chute - you only need to move your character forward and pray that no fruit will touch you, if there is something coming in your direction you can't dodge because you are too slow on the moving platform.

jump club - sometimes the "club thingy" with be aligned with the other thingy, there so impossible to dodge. At least in this one, you can sometimes calculate the speed and timing to move yourself and then be able to jump.

hoarder - this one is okay.

see saw - community is too stupid for this one, always jumping when they actually should wait for the platform to align again. Also spawning is very random, and therefore spawning you on the other side of the platform. this is really hard NOT to finish but I guess is not pure skill.

Dizzy heights - again, player falling to the ground with no reason at all.

fall mountain - actually not hard but sometimes the ball spawns are really unfair, they come with different speeds, different positions, different directions and this can fuck a little bit. but overall I can accept this.

egg scrambles - the same problem wit the grab mechanic and also the egg's physics are really bad.

whirlygig - sometimes jumping across platforms, the player physics decides to do a "NOPE!" and stop working properly(like always)

IF i didn't mention here, it means that I am almost okay with the minigame

14 minutes ago, theninja223 said:

I agree that some maps you have strats that you can follow, but they are not about being good or bad. They are just "shortcuts" to get first place, overall every map you can easily finish it without these "strats".

"They are not about being good or bad", what are you on about? If you use the strats you are playing better than other people, you're reducing the luck factor of the game. Who cares about the level of skill needed for a certain strat if you're winning games? "Shortcuts to get first place" isn't that literally the definition of a strategy? A plan of action to reach a certain goal (in this case: fastest routes/tricks to use so you can qualify or reach first place)? Yes, you can easily finish without strats sometimes; I acknowledged that in my original comment. But you forgot my point, to get the Infallible trophy you need to consistently win games. If you don't use the strats, you sacrifice consistency.

The examples you gave all contain a luck element, absolutely true. But there are strats to counter them, so I'll discuss them for you:

9 minutes ago, theninja223 said:

there is one that is literally a straight line and you need only to go forward and pray that no fruit will fall on your head. If there is one coming in your direction you can't even dodge because the floor makes you slower.

Start out using the Hop jump boost on the hill so you're ahead of the other beans, jump and dive so you get as far as possible on the band. Only move forward at the sides, make sure that you're in between the bouncey things so if you get pushed by the fruit or other guys falling, you have a back-up. Look at the cannons so you know when there will be new fruit coming and can anticipate your actions.

11 minutes ago, theninja223 said:

The crazy doors one where you need to check if the door is solid or you can't push it is actually pure luck too(it is actually really hard to NOT qualify with this one but is just an example of how luck-based this game is).

Most important strategy: don't get caught by the 'mob'. I'm pretty sure you know what I mean, on this level like 75% of players will move through at the same time and the door becomes unpassable. Then it depends on what you prioritize: speed (jumping into doors, risk of falling behind) or safety (don't jump into doors, stay a little behind the speedrunners but ahead of the mob, only go through already opened doors) . Out of these strategies, safety is obviously more consistent but speed can (if you're lucky) put you so far ahead that it doesn't matter if you hit a closed door.  At the final door, jump and dive so you're ahead of others that don't dive.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mathieumatic said:

"They are not about being good or bad", what are you on about? If you use the strats you are playing better than other people, you're reducing the luck factor of the game. Who cares about the level of skill needed for a certain strat if you're winning games? "Shortcuts to get first place" isn't that literally the definition of a strategy? A plan of action to reach a certain goal (in this case: fastest routes/tricks to use so you can qualify or reach first place)? Yes, you can easily finish without strats sometimes; I acknowledged that in my original comment. But you forgot my point, to get the Infallible trophy you need to consistently win games. If you don't use the strats, you sacrifice consistency.

The examples you gave all contain a luck element, absolutely true. But there are strats to counter them, so I'll discuss them for you:

Start out using the Hop jump boost on the hill so you're ahead of the other beans, jump and dive so you get as far as possible on the band. Only move forward at the sides, make sure that you're in between the bouncey things so if you get pushed by the fruit or other guys falling, you have a back-up. Look at the cannons so you know when there will be new fruit coming and can anticipate your actions.

Most important strategy: don't get caught by the 'mob'. I'm pretty sure you know what I mean, on this level like 75% of players will move through at the same time and the door becomes unpassable. Then it depends on what you prioritize: speed (jumping into doors, risk of falling behind) or safety (don't jump into doors, stay a little behind the speedrunners but ahead of the mob, only go through already opened doors) . Out of these strategies, safety is obviously more consistent but speed can (if you're lucky) put you so far ahead that it doesn't matter if you hit a closed door.  At the final door, jump and dive so you're ahead of others that don't dive.

1- Well, using the strats can get you to first place but first place is not that important(I guess if you want a little bit more of XP), the real thing here is getting qualified and reaching the final. You don't need to get first place in everything to get the infallible trophy, and also I don't give a shit about the infallible trophy, trophies like this come "naturally"(because of luck). I am talking about the game itself, and the luck it involves playing. They don't involve strategy(thinking and planning), they are just an alternative path right in front of you. If u wanna take it, just be aware that the game's physics is really bad and that can cause you to disqualify.

2- I already do all of these things, they are actually pretty obvious. But is still pure luck, it is not every time(probably never) you will be able to "dodge" a fruit, especially because they are not consistent.

3- I have no problem with the doors' level because is always one of the first games to show up and it serves to kick all the "REALLY-DUMB" players, its a simple concept, you want first place then try to cross through doors and hope it is the right one(luckily). If you just want to qualify follow the other players a little bit behind them and just cross the door. SIMPLE and luck.

5 hours ago, theninja223 said:

I am going for the platinum on this game but this is driving me crazy. Fall Guys is a pure luck-based game, no skill, no knowledge, no strategy involved. The only thing you need to do is move your character somewhere and pray that nothing will stop you, and you can't do anything to avoid that.

Every day I try to do the Infallible trophy(And my mental health is definitely not ok), as well levelling up to get on level 40, today this happened to me when going for the second consecutive win:

I already knew it that fall guys is a poorly coded game, with horrible physics and collisions. The character can trip on anything, always falling with no reason at all; But today, after this, I'm considering giving up from the platinum. Please, does anyone agree with me that this game is awful? Liking it or not, it is. Anyway, that's all I have for you guys, thanks for reading.

I had the same thing happen to me today. 

Edited by Chr1s_H4ll
Words

Lol y'all are a bunch of dicks haha. 

I have mild case of obsessive compulsive disorder and have an addictive personality. So I can understand the OP. But bruh should have used an alternate account or dedicate your life to this game till you get the Platinum. 

Or you can always wait till this game isn't popular and there's barely anybody on it and just boost it. That's the easiest option I can think of for you.

team tail tag - right trigger is not responsive, sometimes it will take the other player's tail and some other times it won't. Also, pray for your team to not be dumb and go after the tails. ALSO also, servers are really bad right now so other players usually take my tail being really far away from me(maybe it could be in my country but anyway, still sucks).

tail tag- same thing
royal fumble - depends on the mood of your character, when you get the tail, hope that your character won't stay on the floor when falling from really small heights. One of the most non-sense/ non-funny ending minigames.
jinxed - it's just horrible because of the grab range and inconsistency.
Egg Scramble - the same problem wit the grab mechanic and also the egg's physics are really bad.

I agree the tail tag modes and one that involve grabbing are bad, due to grab range and inconsistency of the grab itself. Egg Scramble is the best of these modes, there's a lot of strategy involved and some skill with being able to chuck the eggs and removing them from other teams baskets.

Roll out - pray that other players won't be in front of you when crossing platforms and hope that your character doesn't trip on stupid things. Also, collision with other players is so bad that sometimes you will be pushed out of the platform.

Don't move platforms so often, look for areas where you can just walk along with the roller where there aren't as many gaps or walls, and avoid areas with lots of players. If you bump into another player or another player is being held and then let go they will collide with you violently, that is not bad physics. There's literally nothing to trip over on this level unless it's another player on the ground.

Block party - it starts very easy, and funny. But when jump gaps are smaller, you need to pray and hope that when jumping your character won't collide with another player and then trip, because if you do, you can't get up in time, all of a sudden your character forgets how to walk. Anyway, the problem with this one is the collisions that are inconsistent.

Stay at the front of the platform, don't have to worry as much about colliding with other players and falling over. Collisions are no different to any other mode.

Rock n roll -  actually not a bad game but it depends so much on your team, if they are retarded they will start pushing the ball on random(and bad) directions. Also, some of them keep pressing the right trigger and making it all worst. In general, this minigame is ruined by its own players, the other teams as well(trying to push your ball at the opposite direction with no reason, because then they always lose).

It's a team based game so yes the outcome will be heavily dependant on how everyone on your team works together. If everyone on your team is focused on moving your ball in the right direction you should have a problem with a couple of other players trying to impede your progress.

Door dash - easy and only luck, no challenge at all. also, not hard to finish it because its always on the beginning.

It's not luck only there's strategy too, for example - stay near the front at the start but don't be the first to hit doors, stay relatively central in case the only open doors are on one side, then you don't have to travel a long way to get to an open door. Making the right call if you need to dive through a door to stay ahead of a stampede.

Tip toe - cool minigame but it depends on the sacrifice of other players, and yours too. Maybe a little bit unfair but the worst part is the collisions that push players away with no reason. Not the worst of them all but just saying.

No it doesn't depend on the sacrifice of other players. The fake tiles shake, you can judge where to move if progress halts at the front of the line. Yes if a lot of players are trying to occupy a small space people will get pushed out of the way, especially if people are grabbing.

Fruit chute - you only need to move your character forward and pray that no fruit will touch you, if there is something coming in your direction you can't dodge because you are too slow on the moving platform.

Yeah you absolutely can dodge the fruit by moving sideways. If you spot a fruit late you can also dive sideways to dodge fruit.

Jump club - sometimes the "club thingy" with be aligned with the other thingy, there so impossible to dodge. At least in this one, you can sometimes calculate the speed and timing to move yourself and then be able to jump.

You've answered your own problem with this mode. If the two rollers align, you need to move so they're not going to hit you at the same time.

See saw - community is too stupid for this one, always jumping when they actually should wait for the platform to align again. Also spawning is very random, and therefore spawning you on the other side of the platform. this is really hard NOT to finish but I guess is not pure skill.

It's easy to finish this one even if you start on the back row because of other players. You can jump and dive to make sure you don't roll off so long as you're not doing it from too great a height. Not every mode in the game needs to be based on "pure skill".

Dizzy heights - again, player falling to the ground with no reason at all.

Make sure you position your character so that they are facing the direction the turn tables are spinning and you shouldn't fall over. If you think you are going to fall over dive and you'll recover quicker it's really not that big of an issue.

Fall Mountain - actually not hard but sometimes the ball spawns are really unfair, they come with different speeds, different positions, different directions and this can fuck a little bit.

The starting spawns on this mode can be unfair. But the ball spawns are not they're the same for everyone, you can use the diamonds as shields from them and if you tilt the camera up their paths are predictable so you can plot a route through them.

Whirlygig - sometimes jumping across platforms, the player physics decides to do a "NOPE!" and stop working properly(like always)

No idea what your problem is here. The jumping and diving physics are consistent across all modes. Even if you fell once, it's hard not to qualify from this mode.

--------

Despite you claiming that the game is 98% luck based it's absolutely not. Sure it does play a significant role, but so does strategy and skill. If you are bad at platforming you will probably have a tough time with this game. And if you removed other players from every mode, as well as all the RNG elements you'd remove key elements that make the game as fun as it is. The only legitmate complaints about the mechanics in this game revolved around the modes that require you to grab something. 4/5 modes out of 25 does not equal a bad or the worst game ever made, as is evident by how well received the game has been by critics and players alike.

-------

42 minutes ago, DPsx7 said:

I don't think it's cool that some items in the shop cost 5 crowns yet there's only 3 for season rewards. This needs to be fixed since I haven't seen legendary stuff for coins.

You may think it needs to be fixed. But it gives players an incentive to keep playing and grinding for those wins.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, theninja223 said:

I am going for the platinum on this game but this is driving me crazy.

Why do you even care this much? To make a post this involved and insane?

You only have a completion percentage of 53.68% and an Average Rarity of 41.58% ... neither of which are impressive or worth getting this upset over a single trophy/Platinum.  I could maybe understand OCD taking over if you were a 'completionist', and you regretted starting this game on your account. But it doesn't seem like you really care that much about completion % or getting ultra rare trophies.

Also, with the exploit/cheat to get 5 wins in a row, this platinum is easy and is meaningless now. I'm sure the devs will patch the glitch, and there will always be those who got the platinum pre-patch (cheaters) and those who legit earned it post-patch. If you're looking for 'street cred' (or whatever the phrase is lol), I would suggest waiting until that glitch is patched before earning the platinum.... otherwise, if you were to earn it now, it would mean nothing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EIdain said:

Despite you claiming that the game is 98% luck based it's absolutely not. Sure it does play a significant role, but so does strategy and skill. If you are bad at platforming you will probably have a tough time with this game. And if you removed other players from every mode, as well as all the RNG elements you'd remove key elements that make the game as fun as it is. The only legitmate complaints about the mechanics in this game revolved around the modes that require you to grab something. 4/5 modes out of 25 does not equal a bad or the worst game ever made, as is evident by how well received the game has been by critics and players alike.

-------

You may think it needs to be fixed. But it gives players an incentive to keep playing and grinding for those wins.

You must not be playing the same game if you think luck isn't involved.

And again that doesn't solve the problem of having crowns for the season.