this is the worst game ever made and here is why

theninja223

This game would be a lot better without team rounds

No matter how well you do your odds of winning are based on your teammates 

Case and point the jinxed game 

I can go almost the entire round without getting jinxed but it doesn't really matter when everyone else on the team is failing

That aside the game is fun but can get a bit repetitive 

Hopefully they add some more games as time goes on otherwise I don't see the community lasting that long

Not to “jinx” it but I am pretty sure I am undefeated at Rock ‘N Roll Ball.  Not sure how that is but I will take it, just push the ball forward and get a lead before the ball drops down for the second part.

Maybe this is a team game you can influence more or I have been incredibly lucky unlike many other team games?

it's a good game with a shitty trophy list. The devs are constantly saying how they won't add a stats page nor remove team games because "it's not supposed to be a competitive game", yet they contradict that with this trophy

i finally got it today, and yes it takes skill, but mostly luck -- especially if you play solo. Those who deny this don't do many difficult games, and want to convince themselves that they're super skilled for getting Infallible legit the 1st week when nobody knew how to play and only 1-2 people could qualify Slime Climb.

I finished 1st in races half the time (obviously not See Saw), and only ever disqualified in team games or the finale. They reduced frequency of team games today, which certainly helped me get the trophy. Before, you could play 4 team games in a match, but now only 1-2. They limited Fall Mountain to 15p max, but I still think that's too much and it should be 10p.

But yeah, no amount of skill will guarantee you the trophy once this is patched

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jaquerjaques said:

The game would be better received if it catered to everyone imo, not excluding trophy/achievment hunters

How is it excluding trophy hunters? The trophy is hard to get, not impossible. Does everyone just want trophies handed to them on a plate to pad out their stats?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BigHatPaul said:

Care to elaborate on what's disappointing about it?

Pretty much everything that's been said : input lag, horrible netcode, horrible physics, horrible players whose only goal is to sabotage everyone else's game...

17 hours ago, NieSwiety said:

This game is dividing people due to it's construction. The weaker players have a good time due to team games and luck that helps them win some games, when other multiplayer games gives them no chance, BUT the better players hit frustration wall rather fast.

I - for example - have 40 level already. So I can't play for rewards. The last reward of the season should be like +25% to gaining currency.

I never lose in single-player games (in opposite to team games), so a lot of them are just boring waste of time. My goal is to win crowns, but before I have a chance, I need to play one boring game after another.

Because of what I said before, games like charm, or team tail frustrates me, because I "waste time" in 2-3 mini games I'm always in top 20% just to lose in mini games I can't even really help my team mates. No matter how perfect may I be as a player, I can't help my team in team tail game! It's a coin flip.

Normally It would not affect my view on a game. A lot of games start to be repetitive, and I switch them to another ones. That's a circle of life. BUT now we have a trophy that requires you to win 5 in a row. It makes 50% luck games competitive, because you NEED to win as much as possible. For me it ruins the whole experience. I know I can just drop the game, and I probably will. But it could be so pleasant platinum :(

Agree with the first paragraph. Fall Guys like any other party game is designed to appeal to the vast majority of players. And how do you do this in a competitive setting? You include RNG/luck based-wins.

The perfect example for that is the Mario kart series. There was a study/paper on this. It clearly showed that the game was designed so the weaker players could always get the upper hand on the race at some point.

Fall Guys is just one of the those games made to appeal to the majority: casual gamers.

Don't be fooled. It's a business.

I would also add that they purposely added this trophy so it could create a bad buzz among the trophy hunter community. And it worked. Free publicity, yay!

2 hours ago, bosstristan said:

Pretty much everything that's been said : input lag, horrible netcode, horrible physics, horrible players whose only goal is to sabotage everyone else's game...

Sorry, I wasn't going to read 4 other pages of the thread, I was particularly interested in what you had to say. However, I personally haven't had issues with any of these things. Well, to your last point, it's a battle royale. The goal is to win. Not to play fair. When people want to win, they will win at all costs. The only option is to adapt or not play at all, and I can see the choice a lot of people who are sore about this made. If everyone respected each other in Mario Party, what fun would that be? I wanna kick my friend's ass and take all his stars.

13 minutes ago, BigHatPaul said:

Sorry, I wasn't going to read 4 other pages of the thread, I was particularly interested in what you had to say. However, I personally haven't had issues with any of these things. Well, to your last point, it's a battle royale. The goal is to win. Not to play fair. When people want to win, they will win at all costs. The only option is to adapt or not play at all, and I can see the choice a lot of people who are sore about this made. If everyone respected each other in Mario Party, what fun would that be? I wanna kick my friend's ass and take all his stars.

By sabotage I mean those who just stand there grabbing everyone, those who don't aim for the finish line.

I would agree that the game would be 'fun' with all the goofy gameplay. But adding an almost impossible trophy like this one is counter productive.

To me, it's a game design mistake. I think it was put there so there could be a bad buzz about it. Nothing more.

2 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

By sabotage I mean those who just stand there grabbing everyone, those who don't aim for the finish line.

I would agree that the game would be 'fun' with all the goofy gameplay. But adding an almost impossible trophy like this one is counter productive.

To me, it's a game design mistake. I think it was put there so there could be a bad buzz about it. Nothing more.

Truthfully, as trophy hunters, we see this in a much narrower scope than the rest of the world does. The majority of people do not care about Infallible, and if they do, it's nowhere near to the extent that we would. I get what you're saying, though, seeing news like "The devs think this trophy is impossible!" does come off as stirring the pot to bring attention to it. But, still, most people, they don't care. They just wanna play goofy pill man run jump game.

15 hours ago, hore said:

it's a good game with a shitty trophy list. The devs are constantly saying how they won't add a stats page nor remove team games because "it's not supposed to be a competitive game", yet they contradict that with this trophy

i finally got it today, and yes it takes skill, but mostly luck -- especially if you play solo. Those who deny this don't do many difficult games, and want to convince themselves that they're super skilled for getting Infallible legit the 1st week when nobody knew how to play and only 1-2 people could qualify Slime Climb.

I finished 1st in races half the time (obviously not See Saw), and only ever disqualified in team games or the finale. They reduced frequency of team games today, which certainly helped me get the trophy. Before, you could play 4 team games in a match, but now only 1-2. They limited Fall Mountain to 15p max, but I still think that's too much and it should be 10p.

But yeah, no amount of skill will guarantee you the trophy once this is patched

Definitely more skill than luck, if you think team games are just pure luck means you're not good enough to carry. I mostly solo carried team games really dont know what you're talking about. Literally the only luck based game was the team vs team tag game forgot the name

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HcG Clawz said:

Definitely more skill than luck, if you think team games are just pure luck means you're not good enough to carry. I mostly solo carried team games really dont know what you're talking about. Literally the only luck based game was the team vs team tag game forgot the name

Jinxed - Whoever has the better starting player with jinx wins, completely based on luck.

Hoopsie Daisy - Gold rings appear randomly, there's also too many people in each team for one person to possibly carry this.

Fall Ball - Two balls, unless you can split yourself in two you're not going be able to carry this yourself, it's also luck based whether the other team has more players.

Egg Scramble/Hoarders - The losing team is whoever is unlucky enough for the other teams to team up against them, completely luck based.

The only team game I could see being carried by one person is Rock n Roll and even then I've had almost my entire team abandon the ball making it impossible to get the ball passed the other players trying to stop it.

38 minutes ago, AusLeviathan said:

Jinxed - Whoever has the better starting player with jinx wins, completely based on luck.

Hoopsie Daisy - Gold rings appear randomly, there's also too many people in each team for one person to possibly carry this.

Fall Ball - Two balls, unless you can split yourself in two you're not going be able to carry this yourself, it's also luck based whether the other team has more players.

Egg Scramble/Hoarders - The losing team is whoever is unlucky enough for the other teams to team up against them, completely luck based.

The only team game I could see being carried by one person is Rock n Roll and even then I've had almost my entire team abandon the ball making it impossible to get the ball passed the other players trying to stop it.

Yeah jinxed is the one game i was talking about thats the luck based one
Hoopsie daisy literally havent lost that game once
Fall ball - Even with less players i often still carried just camp the middle and wait for the ball to spawn again. Easy goals
Egg scramble/hoarders - there are a few tactics you could use here to win games 95% of time time really not that bad.

Just now, HcG Clawz said:

Yeah jinxed is the one game i was talking about thats the luck based one
Hoopsie daisy literally havent lost that game once
Fall ball - Even with less players i often still carried just camp the middle and wait for the ball to spawn again. Easy goals
Egg scramble/hoarders - there are a few tactics you could use here to win games 95% of time time really not that bad.

There's also the Team Tail Tag game which is just as luck based as Jinxed, it's specifically designed to prevent a player from carrying a team.

You must have very unobservant opponents in Fall Ball if no one stops you from doing that on your own.

There are certainly tactics that work well in Egg Scramble/Hoarders but they rely on others playing along. You can only hold one egg/focus on one ball at a time and if the other teams decide to team up against you which they will if your team has a bad start then there's very little hope of recovery. I did manage it once in Hoarders when they were teaming up against me but that relied on one team getting overconfident and leaving an area open.

4 minutes ago, AusLeviathan said:

There's also the Team Tail Tag game which is just as luck based as Jinxed, it's specifically designed to prevent a player from carrying a team.

You must have very unobservant opponents in Fall Ball if no one stops you from doing that on your own.

There are certainly tactics that work well in Egg Scramble/Hoarders but they rely on others playing along. You can only hold one egg/focus on one ball at a time and if the other teams decide to team up against you which they will if your team has a bad start then there's very little hope of recovery. I did manage it once in Hoarders when they were teaming up against me but that relied on one team getting overconfident and leaving an area open.

Ok yeah that one might be luck based too, i usually just see that round as a nice brake since the first 90 seconds are useless anyway lol

people try do the same thing but for some reason most people dont seem to be able to get the timings right.

Just camp a baskest from the opponent team and throw every egg outside i mainly went for the one with the least eggs. Dont worry about getting eggs in your own

13 minutes ago, HcG Clawz said:

Ok yeah that one might be luck based too, i usually just see that round as a nice brake since the first 90 seconds are useless anyway lol

people try do the same thing but for some reason most people dont seem to be able to get the timings right.

Just camp a baskest from the opponent team and throw every egg outside i mainly went for the one with the least eggs. Dont worry about getting eggs in your own

Neither of those things work against the opponents on the server I get connected to, it actually sounds like a way to guarantee you will lose. I mean the eggs in that situation will just end up getting knocked back in by the spinning things.

I've actually had players from my own team score own goals and remove eggs from their own baskets. Good luck winning when your team is intentionally trying to lose it for you.

Edited by AusLeviathan

6 hours ago, basil_flash said:

How is it excluding trophy hunters? The trophy is hard to get, not impossible. Does everyone just want trophies handed to them on a plate to pad out their stats?

I don't know why anyone would regulate their game time based around trophies. You don't get anything for them. Then by skipping games that are tough or impossible to 100% you're missing out on great stuff. I've seen trophy profiles where people played 6 different versions of the same game just to pad out 6 plats. Sound Shapes for example. I mean it was fun but it looks tacky if you share the save to get 100's of trop's in a minute or two.

4 hours ago, Yami_no_Seitaro said:

Fall Guys is pretty trash indeed. I don't understand the hype about it

It's new, it needs work. It was the same with Fortnite and Rocket. Free games that weren't unplayable nor 'best thing ever'. Of course the more popular it gets the more trolls it will attract so that's when you run off to a SP game as a break.