COD Black Ops: Cold War Teaser

5 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

I'm definitely hyped. Looks like we me get a good campaign on-par with Black Ops 1's. And please no BR this time, 3arc...

It's pretty certain (leaked by various sources) that Black Ops Cold War will be linked to MW's Warzone. It makes no sense to release another BR. Warzone is generating millions of cash. There were rumours, that Warzone will get a new map when the new cod comes out, to match the Black Ops Setting...

9 minutes ago, westersburg said:

It's pretty certain (leaked by various sources) that Black Ops Cold War will be linked to MW's Warzone. It makes no sense to release another BR. Warzone is generating millions of cash. There were rumours, that Warzone will get a new map when the new cod comes out, to match the Black Ops Setting...

Dude, fuck Warzone, link that shit with Blackout. I enjoyed Blackout way more than Warzone

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

I really hope they keep the trophies mw style. Just campaign and that's it. 

I hate zombies but the Treyarch campaigns are usually very good. 

I wouldn't mind normal MP trophies though. 

lmao. Waw was good, bo1 was amazing but everything afterwards....well bo2 was not too bad. Was okay but the challenges ruined the overall experience. Bo3 was the worst cod story ever and bo4 didn't even have one. I am positive tho, because the single player was already in development, when sledgehammer games was still developing this cod. They did a good job with AW's and WW2's SP. Also Raven is an experienced veteran in FPS singleplayer campaigns and the setting is quite promising.

Oh and also linking this with blackout would be possible. Warzone will still be a seperate application, because you must have the option to play it without buying bo cold war, so you could easily develop a seperate launcher for blackout, which you can access from bo cold war's menu. IW did that for MWR in Infinite Warfare.

It would be interesting to know, if the dlcs will be free again, as they were in mw2019. It is also possible, that they make the multiplayer maps free, so they don't split the playerbase and sell possible dlc zombie maps seperately. Hope they won't charge 50$ for that.

If all of the dlcs stay free, it is possible that they won't add dlc zombie trophies. MW2019 didn't get dlc trophies either, even though they added a bunch of dlc spec ops missions.

Edited by westersburg

I just find it interesting that it was Sledgehammer's year, and Activision wanted it to be co-developed with Raven to start giving them a bigger piece of the development pie (4-year dev cycle?). But then they couldn't get along, so Activision charged Treyarch with helming the project and delegating both Sledgehammer and Raven with supportive roles. Now this just says Treyarch and Raven ?

41 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I just find it interesting that it was Sledgehammer's year, and Activision wanted it to be co-developed with Raven to start giving them a bigger piece of the development pie (4-year dev cycle?). But then they couldn't get along, so Activision charged Treyarch with helming the project and delegating both Sledgehammer and Raven with supportive roles. Now this just says Treyarch and Raven 1f602.png

That has nothing to do with a 4 year cycle. Half of sledgehammer teams left, in march 2018, when michael condrey left the studio so they weren't able to develop a new game in time. That's why they teamed up with raven. It was always planned that CoD 2020 would be developed by 2 main studios. Infinity Ward had the same problem while developing MW3, because a lot of developers left the studio after vince zampella and jason west left.

SHG and raven didnt come along so activision decided to replace SHG with treyarch. That's it. Slegehammer games is hiring people right now for other AAA projects tho. I'm looking forward to these since i really enjoyed the work of them in the past. Especially WW2, but they were also responsible for dead space and other great games (a lot of visceral games' employees moved to sledgehammer games).

Edited by westersburg

4 hours ago, westersburg said:

lmao. Waw was good, bo1 was amazing but everything afterwards....well bo2 was not too bad. Was okay but the challenges ruined the overall experience. Bo3 was the worst cod story ever and bo4 didn't even have one. I am positive tho, because the single player was already in development, when sledgehammer games was still developing this cod. They did a good job with AW's and WW2's SP. Also Raven is an experienced veteran in FPS singleplayer campaigns and the setting is quite promising.

Oh and also linking this with blackout would be possible. Warzone will still be a seperate application, because you must have the option to play it without buying bo cold war, so you could easily develop a seperate launcher for blackout, which you can access from bo cold war's menu. IW did that for MWR in Infinite Warfare.

It would be interesting to know, if the dlcs will be free again, as they were in mw2019. It is also possible, that they make the multiplayer maps free, so they don't split the playerbase and sell possible dlc zombie maps seperately. Hope they won't charge 50$ for that.

If all of the dlcs stay free, it is possible that they won't add dlc zombie trophies. MW2019 didn't get dlc trophies either, even though they added a bunch of dlc spec ops missions.

Such a link would hardly make any sense. The cold War version of Warzone will probably feature a new map in the Warzone engine. If they would link this with the Blackout map you had two different engines in one battle royal. Progress would also be a difficult thing because all weapons and everything would have to be the same in those two engines. 

43 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Such a link would hardly make any sense. The cold War version of Warzone will probably feature a new map in the Warzone engine. If they would link this with the Blackout map you had two different engines in one battle royal. Progress would also be a difficult thing because all weapons and everything would have to be the same in those two engines. 

yes i already mentioned that warzone will get a new map for black ops. I just don't think different engines in different modes matter. Look at medal of honor 2010. Single player had another engine as the multiplayer.

Couldn't give a shit unfortunately because it has Warzone as the battle royale, one of the most dogshit BRs on the market. Caters exclusively to trash players who can't handle having 1 life only (the true spirit of BRs originally), very camper friendly, full of more bugs than the Amazon rainforest, ZERO weapon balancing (there's 4-5 guns that you have to use if you want to do well, the rest are irrelevant compared to these 4-5), the map is extremely dingey and depressing. I could go on and on but they're some of the main points.

Can't believe we went from the heights of Blackout to the troughs of Warzone. Pretty standard for Infinity Ward at this point given the trash they've been releasing since 2013.

17 hours ago, westersburg said:

Okay, no BR trophies thx. 

Most of you probably watched the trailer yesterday already but here it is: 

Game will release on November 13th on Current Gen, Next Gen Release Date isn't announced yet. If you buy the standard edition digitally you only get the ps4 version. If you buy it as a retail version, you can upgrade for 10 $ to the next gen version. You can also buy the cross gen version digitally for 5$ more.

Game will feature Crossplay between ALL plattforms (ps4,ps5,xbox one, xbox series x and pc)

Next Gen Versions will feature 4k and 120 fps. Current gen will be 1080p @ 60 fps.