8/10 Difficulty, really?

The_Mighty_Ducks

11 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Looked at the guide and it has a 8 out of 10 difficulty rating.. 

Is it an 8 due to long grinding or is it based on skill?

Thinking about buying this cause of all the good reviews.

It got that rating because a lot of people struggle with fectors challenge, but i give the game a 1/10 in terms of difficulty, i also recommend if you plan on picking it up, go with a physical copy of the game. 

Edited by King_Wolf_Daddy
  • Like 2

Definitely get the game! One of the best indie games I've ever played. The difficulty for the platinum only really comes from a challenge tied to an arcade game within the game. However, I wouldn't let something like that hinder you from getting what could be a game you really enjoy. If the completion aspect bothers you that much, then I'd say get it on another platform of your choice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

This game has a lot of grindy trophies that contribute to the 8/10 but as King_Wolf_Daddy mentioned, a lot of that has to do with Fector's Challenge, which is a twin stick shooter in the game's arcade.  In order to get the platinum, you have to beat this game without dying which is very tough.  Add on the fact that you have to get 10 million gold, max out your relationship with most of the townsfolk and find all of the in game artifacts (which is very RNG based), it's definitely a tough platinum.

However, I still highly recommend the game.  It's a real blast especially if you get a buddy to play with you.  My wife and I have over 200 hours each in the game and we still enjoy firing it up and playing.

it really is a blast of a game, wish harvest moon never lost there touch. But you can get around the RNG factor for the artifacts and treasures.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, King_Wolf_Daddy said:

It got that rating because a lot of people struggle with fectors challenge, but i give the game a 1/10 in terms of difficulty, i also recommend if you plan on picking it up, go with a physical copy of the game. 

Why the physical copy? Whats the difference? 

12 hours ago, OBSTINATIO said:

Why the physical copy? Whats the difference? 

Like what @TomoTakino said, going for the platinum is a lot easier because theres less that you have to do.  I do believe they tried to patch out the disc copy too because you used to be able to do three item codes [xxx][xxx][xx] but now you can only do two codes. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2020 at 11:54 PM, King_Wolf_Daddy said:

I don't remember how I came across this game but I am so glad I did. I played it from start to finish and never used any of the cheats. You really do not need to. The game is super easy and A LOT of fun. The only reason that this is such a difficult platinum is due to the mini game you have to play without dying. That is a tough trophy to trigger. It's mostly luck based and being persistent.

• Like 1

I think for a lot of people it's the stark contrast between how easy chill and relaxed the game is and one particular more difficult challenge in a minigame. No way on earth could I consider that challenge bumping it all the way up to 8 but I can understand how the contrast could make it feel that way to some.

It's predominantly a grind but not in a bad way with a small tiny dose of difficulty in there, mostly like a 1/10 for 99% of the trophies with that last 1% being like a 4? But when you've been playing a borderline 1/10 for a few hundred hours and try that spike to a 4(?) it's going to maybe 'feel' like a nightmare all of a sudden but... Nah, not even remotely close to that kind of 8/10 difficulty, at the absolute most, maybe a 5.

I know some people factor length into difficulty ratings though (which doesn't make sense because you have an estimated completion time for that) so maybe that's part of the reason it got labelled so high instead, but it's really not difficult in terms of skill, it's a good switch-off game for the most part, relaxing, I'd recommend buying it to be honest ?

7 hours ago, StressEater said:

I don't remember how I came across this game but I am so glad I did. I played it from start to finish and never used any of the cheats. You really do not need to. The game is super easy and A LOT of fun. The only reason that this is such a difficult platinum is due to the mini game you have to play without dying. That is a tough trophy to trigger. It's mostly luck based and being persistent.

i think its far more skill based than luck, if you know the final bosses movement don't have to cheese it 

1 hour ago, King_Wolf_Daddy said:

i think its far more skill based than luck, if you know the final bosses movement don't have to cheese it 

Yeah, you could be right. For me,I just found that if you do not get lucky with the amount of coin drops, enemy spawn locations, and special attack cards, it makes it extremely difficult to finish without dying. I found the character movement to be clunky no matter how good my skill was. But, that's the beauty of games. The experience is different for everyone. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 4:30 AM, mikem192 said:

a 1/10 lol ok. Weird flex. how on earth did you complete a 110hr game in 1day17hours?

and fortnite in 3 hours? 
curious 

If you know the game, you know it's definitely not a 110 hr game. I can tell you have no knowledge about either game as Fortnite everything can be auto popped based on loading besides a daily quest trophy which needs to be completed on the console. And for stardew valley if you play on an earlier version and use item codes you can literally spawn everything in.