Online still up? Boosting alone?

Hi,

I want to complete the whole Final Fantasy franchise so I want to start this game soon.

I wanted to make sure online still works?

Can I purchase a digital version for PS4 and use 2 consoles to boost with myself?

I guess I will play the game anyway but I'd like to check what's possible to make things easier. will be hard enough since I am not speaking japanese ^^"

Thanks in advance :)

• 3 months later...
On 8/20/2020 at 8:05 AM, AiManiaTrophyhuntres said:

Hi,

I want to complete the whole Final Fantasy franchise so I want to start this game soon.

I wanted to make sure online still works?

Can I purchase a digital version for PS4 and use 2 consoles to boost with myself?

I guess I will play the game anyway but I'd like to check what's possible to make things easier. will be hard enough since I am not speaking japanese ^^"

Thanks in advance :)

Did you happen to figure out if this worked?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2021 at 4:04 PM, TolmanianDevil said:

I did this recently.

I had Vita version and Chinese demo.  You can send invites to yourself for matchmaking.

The autoplay option that works for singleplayer works for multiplayer as well

Can vita version play against a ps4 version? Or is there no cross play

4 hours ago, TolmanianDevil said:

Yes, cross play is how I did it.  Physical Vita cartridge, Chinese demo downloaded from Chinese account played via UK account on PS4.

Exactly what I needed to hear. Why the Chinese version over the Japanese? Does it make a difference?

10 minutes ago, TolmanianDevil said:

I don't recall but I don't think Japanese had a demo available.  There was a specific reason I needed to make the Chinese account though

Just so I understand you correct. The physical version is Japanese right? Only demo was Chinese.

37 minutes ago, TolmanianDevil said:

Place it here so people with the same question in the future can benefit from the resolution.  Its always a nuisance when forum posts get resolved but without the solution for future people.

Well basically, I'm curious as to how you made the account? As I understand, the requirements to make a Chinese account is more difficult than say a Japanese account. So how did you get address etc.? 

29 minutes ago, TolmanianDevil said:

Its a Hong Kong account you want specifically as the demo is on the associated store;

https://store.playstation.com/en-hk/product/HP0082-CUSA09572_00-ASIAPLACEHOLDER0

Its the Chinese Version demo, Hong Kong account.

To create a Hong Kong account, follow the steps in this video;

How long did the game take total /how long does the self boosting part take?

Edited by BeautifulTorment