The biggest show-stopper on the Platinum road?

Bykovsky7

Hello everyone. 

I'm about to start playing For Honor as it was in the PS Plus monthly offer some time ago. I have a few people so I won't be playing solo but rather enjoying the time spent in game.

Regarding obtaining the Platinum trophy - what in your opinion, is the biggest show-stopper on the Platinum road? Is there any trophy which can make people stop playing this game? 

Cheers guys.

Playing through the campaign and finding all the breakables is a chore. This game easily has one of the worst stories I've ever played through. I got to a point where I just started skipping cutscenes and even then I was bored out of my mind just playing through it.

MP on the other hand is a lot of fun and I found a lot of the trophies to come naturally. Some do require you to actually focus on them or at least keep them in mind when playing. 

• Like 1

When it comes to the multiplayer do the 1v1 and 2v2 first. You'll find it much easier to pick up wins against other new players than against more experienced players. The 4v4 matches are the most fun and its relatively simple to get the trophies, just be patient. Its taken me about 50-60 hours to almost get the platinum

• Like 2

Honestly it will be whether or not you enjoy the game enough to continue playing it for the platinum. I almost always get matched against better players and it becomes frustrating when you constantly lose, and especially on a game mode like Breach where matches can take 20 minutes and is already favored towards one team.

For Honor is not really a tough game to platinum, but it does take a while to do all those trophies. 

Probably the ones that can be tricky to accomplish are the Skirmish and Elimination related trophies, since those modes are not that played, and You're on Fire! trophy(5 kill streaks of 5 kills) can be abit tricky if you have a bad team .

Oh, and make sure to manually deploy troops until you get all trophies! Those ones take a long while.

Other than that, the game is rather fun. You have a large array of characters to pick from and a pretty decent training mode.

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 6:26 PM, Copanele said:

For Honor is not really a tough game to platinum, but it does take a while to do all those trophies. 

Probably the ones that can be tricky to accomplish are the Skirmish and Elimination related trophies, since those modes are not that played, and You're on Fire! trophy(5 kill streaks of 5 kills) can be abit tricky if you have a bad team .

Oh, and make sure to manually deploy troops until you get all trophies! Those ones take a long while.

Other than that, the game is rather fun. You have a large array of characters to pick from and a pretty decent training mode.

With all due respect, the only thing that you said was true is that the trophies for manually deploying troops will take weeks. This is a very difficult game, because the only modes that anyone wants to boost are Skirmish and Elimination. If you can join one of the groups that form specifically for the purpose of boosting those two modes, you can get them and most of the miscellaneous trophies done in a weekend. 

After that you get to do duel, brawl, and dominion legit, and god forbid you've ranked up too much playing against bots, because now you'll be playing against people WAY better than you. And if you're not really good at fighting games, you'll be losing again, and again, and again. That's not fun, that's frustrating.

3 hours ago, Gethron said:

With all due respect, the only thing that you said was true is that the trophies for manually deploying troops will take weeks. This is a very difficult game, because the only modes that anyone wants to boost are Skirmish and Elimination. If you can join one of the groups that form specifically for the purpose of boosting those two modes, you can get them and most of the miscellaneous trophies done in a weekend. 

After that you get to do duel, brawl, and dominion legit, and god forbid you've ranked up too much playing against bots, because now you'll be playing against people WAY better than you. And if you're not really good at fighting games, you'll be losing again, and again, and again. That's not fun, that's frustrating.

Mmm there is one exception with this game, even if you rank a lot. For Honor's thing is that it is awfully imbalanced on the console due to the cute 30fps lock (on pc it would be a different story) 

So assuming one doesn't want to invest too much time in this game, you need 2 characters to understand : berserker(for 1v1 and 2v2) and lawbringer for 4v4 dominions. 

Berserker is a very "lame" character in duels, consider it a spamming character. His gimmick is light attacks and has a ton of unblockables. Unless one has mad reflexes, Berserker is tough to deal with. Of course not saying that you can't beat a berserker, but you will find in duel lots of high ranked players that have no idea how to deal with him once he goes "berserk" . That is in 1v1,in 2v2 just turn off your psn messages and gank the enemies, it is a guaranteed win (that will attract a lot of salt, most people want a honorable duel and For Honor ain't honorable) 

For 4v4...lawbringer has a ton of health and lots of grenades and catapults. Stick to a teammate and blast the enemies into oblivion. But really anyone works on 4v4 (or doesn't. Without a good team you will insta lose. Gladly most people know what they are doing there) 

And that's kinda it really, if you wish to focus exclusively on the platinum. Even if you don't, the game ain't as hard as a fighting game (this is more of an arena brawler) mainly because there are a lot of people ranking up randomly due to cosmetics. I played as a Warden and platinumed this almost as a mistake, the only true beasts are in the Ranked mode that everyone should avoid if they want to have fun with this game. 

Well of course, if you aim ONLY to boost the entire game and not have fun with it, yeah it is difficult. But well which game ain't at this point? xD

On 8/27/2020 at 1:00 AM, Copanele said:

Mmm there is one exception with this game, even if you rank a lot. For Honor's thing is that it is awfully imbalanced on the console due to the cute 30fps lock (on pc it would be a different story) 

So assuming one doesn't want to invest too much time in this game, you need 2 characters to understand : berserker(for 1v1 and 2v2) and lawbringer for 4v4 dominions. 

Berserker is a very "lame" character in duels, consider it a spamming character. His gimmick is light attacks and has a ton of unblockables. Unless one has mad reflexes, Berserker is tough to deal with. Of course not saying that you can't beat a berserker, but you will find in duel lots of high ranked players that have no idea how to deal with him once he goes "berserk" . That is in 1v1,in 2v2 just turn off your psn messages and gank the enemies, it is a guaranteed win (that will attract a lot of salt, most people want a honorable duel and For Honor ain't honorable) 

For 4v4...lawbringer has a ton of health and lots of grenades and catapults. Stick to a teammate and blast the enemies into oblivion. But really anyone works on 4v4 (or doesn't. Without a good team you will insta lose. Gladly most people know what they are doing there) 

And that's kinda it really, if you wish to focus exclusively on the platinum. Even if you don't, the game ain't as hard as a fighting game (this is more of an arena brawler) mainly because there are a lot of people ranking up randomly due to cosmetics. I played as a Warden and platinumed this almost as a mistake, the only true beasts are in the Ranked mode that everyone should avoid if they want to have fun with this game. 

Well of course, if you aim ONLY to boost the entire game and not have fun with it, yeah it is difficult. But well which game ain't at this point? xD

After trying Berserker for a few matches over the last few days, I can report back that no one has a problem handling this class. You just dodge or block the ridiculously slow light attacks, and then parry the slow, obvious unblockable heavy. But hey, every once in a while if matchmaking is taking too long the game will give a bot to fight instead of a human, and I'm pretty sure the win counts for the trophy.

5 hours ago, Gethron said:

After trying Berserker for a few matches over the last few days, I can report back that no one has a problem handling this class. You just dodge or block the ridiculously slow light attacks, and then parry the slow, obvious unblockable heavy. But hey, every once in a while if matchmaking is taking too long the game will give a bot to fight instead of a human, and I'm pretty sure the win counts for the trophy.

I believe they do count but as long as the player leaves. 

If Berserker does not work(ok, maybe the community changed or they nerfed him in a late patch), you could also try Warlord. Abit slower to use but he has some nice movesets and more HP + the headbutt into stab. You would need to learn his movesets first and practice them in the practice arena first. And yeah you will need abit more than a few matches with him truth be told. 

If you want to make your life easier buy the marching fire DLC (it is also on sale every once in a while)

Jiang Jun imo is a very OP char for duels as well as 4v4s.

Idk if they nerved him, I haven‘t played this game since 1 year, but back then I had many situations where my team mates were doing some exploration of the map while I had to go against 3 or even 4 enemies at once. Most often I would come out of these situations as the winner with JJ :).

The bot matches I played before had bots from the very beginning, but my numbers over at tracker.gg went up, which is why I assume it still counts fro the trophy. I did come across an unexpectedly good combination this evening, though: Shugoki plus alcohol. The large health pool and uninterruptible attacks of the Shugoki combined with the mental anestifying and unpredictable recklessness of the alcohol brought me from 4 wins up to 10 in about an hour. 

I admit it's possible that the alcohol had no positive effect, and that I was somehow playing against people even worse an this game than me for once. But I did find myself getting fewer wins as the evening went on and I found myself sobering up. I'll have to experiment more with Shugoki sober during the week.

Thanks guys for your contribution to this topic.

So in a few words - what is a conculsion regarding the platinum trophy difficulty? Assuming three difficulty levels as follows: easy, medium, hard - I'm guessing that medium is the right one, isn't it?

5 minutes ago, Bykovsky7 said:

Thanks guys for your contribution to this topic.

So in a few words - what is a conculsion regarding the platinum trophy difficulty? Assuming three difficulty levels as follows: easy, medium, hard - I'm guessing that medium is the right one, isn't it?

Medium seems about right. I personally had the hardest time with the two game modes that got lumped together in the same search. But it sounds like those should be easy enough to boost. The game isn't too hard but it will take awhile.

• 6 months later...

Hardest trophy seems to be getting the 5 kill streak in elimination or skirmish. The rest are a matter of just playing. The modes are low activity and even though you can find matches without too much problem the skill level of some of the players you will find is crazy so getting a 5 kill streak can be tough.

Ultimate Battler - The main reason I lost interest in Injustice, but maybe I will play it again some day, hopefully I get all the trophies.

And a bunch of games that requires online play, it's either the servers are down or I didn't find the urge to start/finish the game.