About Permadeath and Upgrades in One Playthrough

flashpool23

I'm not sure if this applies to everyone but for those who are using the permadeath playthrough as their collectibles and complete upgrade playthrough, if you die some things don't remain. 

To be exact, supplements and upgrade weapon parts have to be recollected even if you purchase an upgrade during your run. This means upgrades have to be repurchased until you get to the next act, chapter, or even the whole game (depending on your permadeath option of choice). I went a bit without noticing after having died until I decided to check and while I didn't fully get to retrace my steps due to not noticing sooner, materials reappeared where they were collected earlier. 

Artifacts and the other collectibles like notes also reappear and can be recollected, but they remain saved in your profile as gathered already, even if they do not appear in your bag.

I'm not exactly sure if Grounded changes things, such as the part or supplement respawn, since I didn't combine the dlc trophies but just wanted to put this out there to help avoid the assumption that upgrades remained if you died.