NEW DLC TROPHIES COMING

Lazyemu1234

Just now, rpg49ers said:

Devs forgot to add 10 DLC trophies for Dinosaur Island. Can you email them?

Steam and xbox have 33 achievements

https://steamcommunity.com/stats/1210250/achievements

Okay, I stand corrected.

I will pay $5 if the DLC lets me ride, not just one dinosaur, but two. 

More seriously, is this dlc out yet for Playstation? We might be a pack or two behind

• Like 2

Okay, so I looked them up on twitter and they are actually donating a % of the DLC profit to Special Effect and Young Money Education, so I guess that makes it better.

I also asked them about the dinosaur dlc. Not sure if they will respond :dunno:

• Like 3

I'm glad they added more trophies with this DLC.  I enjoyed the main game so much I bought the Dinosaur DLC and played it despite it having no trophies.  It'd be nice if they add them still though, I'd play it again to get them!

• Like 3

The game wasn't bad per se, just a bit repetitive. Especially if you compare it to similar games like Slime Rancher. 

The thing is, I think I would have paid 5$ for the base game as it is, some parts were fun after all and I can't really argue against playing a free game since at that point, it's nothing but my own decision whether I wanna put time into it or not. 

On the other hand though, I don't need more of this game. The DLC trophy description make it sound like there's actually a couple new features to it, but the only thing I would gain by buying this DLC is I'd reclaim my 100% on this game. Since there's no Platinum, I would always be "forced" to buy DLCs and chase after the 100% again and again and again, and in my opinion that's a business model with a very bitter taste to it, especially if the base game was free. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, felemiah said:

The game wasn't bad per se, just a bit repetitive. Especially if you compare it to similar games like Slime Rancher. 

The thing is, I think I would have paid 5$ for the base game as it is, some parts were fun after all and I can't really argue against playing a free game since at that point, it's nothing but my own decision whether I wanna put time into it or not. 

On the other hand though, I don't need more of this game. The DLC trophy description make it sound like there's actually a couple new features to it, but the only thing I would gain by buying this DLC is I'd reclaim my 100% on this game. Since there's no Platinum, I would always be "forced" to buy DLCs and chase after the 100% again and again and again, and in my opinion that's a business model with a very bitter taste to it, especially if the base game was free. 

Exactly my thoughts.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hedgito said:

Anyone doing DLC please be aware of the Dragon glitch. I was flying around with dragon and my character become unresponsive. It's been a known glitch on Xbox and Steam.

Oh man :(

I got the dragon glitch. 

Last jump with the dragon to the last golden egg for 100% I stucked at the corner from A Rock. 

Restart game.... 

Now I Stuck there forever. 

What Do you think? 

Delet save file for A Restart, or wait for A Update? 

Edited by LRL-Terrorzwerg

39 minutes ago, LRL-Terrorzwerg said:

Oh man :(

I got the dragon glitch. 

Last jump with the dragon to the last golden egg for 100% I stucked at the corner from A Rock. 

Restart game.... 

Now I Stuck there forever. 

What Do you think? 

Delet save file for A Restart, or wait for A Update? 

They said they sent a fix for the Xbox version, so maybe wait if you're not impatient 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

Are you really that poor? $5 is next to nothing.

I get your point, but this is an understatement. Where I live, lots of people earn the minimum wage, which is about 150 to 200 dollars, and many others don't even get that. If you think about it that way, then 5 dollars is definitely not next to nothing. If you think about those, they spend almost half their salaries if they buy a new AAA game. So, 5 dollars for an extra level (as someone mentioned) may not be worth it if the only reason they would buy it is to complete a trophy list.

Now, if you like the game, then 5 dollars seems reasonable if you take its base price into account... :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Nice I'll definitely get this.

Are you really that poor? $5 is next to nothing. Some people like to find a way to moan about everything.

Trophy hunters have been taking issue with free game suddenly having paid DLC from day one, this is nothing new.

Other people find it counterintuitive to pay money for free products.

I generally base it on my enjoyment of the base product. Island Saver isn't going to win any game of the year awards, but I had fun with it and all it's flaws. Took no issue buying the DLC as soon as I saw it was up.

• Like 1

On 2020-08-20 at 6:21 PM, Kittet3 said:

If it was $2, maybe. But not over $5 for an extra level on a free game

The free game has like 3 or 4 levels. Part of the $5 goes to charity too.

I played it on Steam and happily paid for the DLC. $10 [more around $12/13 CAD] for the entire package is worth it to me. The nerve of developers not giving entire games for free and dlc for free for nothing in return. That's a great business model!

And I'll pick it all up again on PS4, though maybe not the Dino one as there's no trophies currently. They did add some to PC though, so maybe they'll add them to PS4 eventually as well. Had to replay the level to get the achievements despite doing the dlc without them. Don't want to have to do that again unless there's trophies for sure. Look forward to more crying about it if they do.

Edited by Elvick_