This game is proof for how soft trophy hunters have become in recent times.

ThatMuttGuy

Most hardcore trophy hunters are weak. Live at home. Parents pay for everything. So yeah, they are used to getting everything without doing shit for it. Because you can not sit on your ass all day playing videogames if you had a job and you actually had to work for a living. Unless you are rich/wealthy. I am not talking about 90% of the trophy hunters but the idiots that play from the moment they wake up until the moment they fall asleep. 365 days a year. They all have mental issues and are weak. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, wardragon989 said:

Infallable has a too many factors (outside of what you can control) which can destroy the streak so easily;

• If you get a disconnect message it's gone
  • If you run into a glitch (via server syncing or falling through Hexagon)
  • Positioning on the field
  • Bad teammates / Bad players
  • The bump can send a perfect jump into a perfect failure.
  • User error

You have to avoid all that in 1 episode. But there are 4 more after that.

In total you have to 'fight' 295 people.

I'm not a mathematician but those are some bad and not fun odds.

-

I've spoken to many people they say the same thing. The list is fun as hell and gameplay additive, but that trophy is a bad trophy. If it was "Get back to Back wins in Episodes" or "Get Three Back to back Wins in Episodes" then that more do-able and fun. Not 5.

I agree there's a degree of skill in this game but the fact that your performance in a game can be influenced by bad players can't be ignored. I can't be the only one here sick of the trolls in this game who are playing just to mess up other players. I'm talking about those who use the 'hold' action outside of a game function and try to hold you back from making a jump, crossing the finish line, avoiding a block/beam. They are more than likely kids f*cking around but it's annoying as hell.

• Like 4

Firstly, whilst I do completely agree with the points made in the original post, this is essentially reigniting the argument of 'players who primarily play games for fun' vs 'players who prioritise trophies' (and of course there will be gamers who fall into neither camp.) This has already been beaten into the ground on numerous topics and let's face it, any change in M.O. will come from themselves, not some anonymous post/s. * And let's insert the obligatory "accept that everyone games for different reasons/nobody gives a shit about your trophy list"* (both true btw).

Admittedly I have yet to play this game, but I have read enough forum posts to get a good enough understanding of the game that I am confident these thoughts are valid;

- This game sounds immensely fun and whilst there are some people that would not enjoy this genre, there are certainly some that are choosing to miss out on a great gaming experience because of trophies.

- The game requires skill AND luck, much like a game of poker. But even the most skilled poker player would struggle to beat a field of 60 5 times in a row. Many completionists, and most 100%'ers WILL avoid this game.

- The developers aren't giving many fucks. Is this trophy a middle finger to our community? Maybe. Is the 'Infallible' realistically achievable to most players (without the glitch)? No. Is it their game? Yes. So we have to accept they can do whatever the fuck they want.

And do you know what, it's refreshing to see. I seem to recall Undertale not giving any shits about trophies but because it was on the easy side of the spectrum there were few complaints.

Yes, Fall Guys' trophies will alienate some from the game but it will also encourage others to keep playing (I would have happily played Rocket League for longer but shamefully dropped it soon after getting the plat. Trophy culture eh?)

The developers won't be losing any sleep about it either way, we're a drop in the ocean.

And who knows what updates will follow. The developers have hinted at this becoming easier so all this bitching might be for nout anyway.

What's my point? Not sure I have one. Maybe there's one in there somewhere. But who doesn't love a drunken maiden post hidden away on page 2.

Anyways, I'm off to play some Rocket League.

Much love.

Edit - Nevermind, 11GB update. Bed it is.

Edited by ReazonIzTreazon
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

In fact, if you play in a squad with people who know how to play, you will never lose a single game, outside of a bad team tail tag game.

You are correct if you have a good team you win every time. 

And since you have no control over who is in your team that's RNG. 

You can play team games 100% perfectly make no mistakes and still lose. How is that skill based? 

You called those "a bad team tail tag game". 

This is precisely RNG and why people are fuming. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Azaan60 said:

I'm playing this game on my Alt account with friends and I'm having a blast. The game is really fun.

But at the same time I'm really glad I didn't add it to my main account lol. Having that trophy nagging at me at the back of my mind would completely ruin the game for me. Casually playing it on my alt is good enough for me.

Same, and I normally don't play multiplayer only games.

Okay, dictator gatekeeper.

6 hours ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

And you wasting time complaining about people complaining. None of us posting here are in the right lmao.

5 hours ago, ShadeSplit said:

It still amazes me how many people have the "you should buy/play games for the reason I tell you to buy/play" mentality, especially on a site like this. I like to think everyone is capable of figuring out what's "fun" for themselves, but thankfully the judgment squad is vast, in case I'm wrong about that.

55 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

ppl with less time would rather spend it on other games.

This.

• Like 1

It's ludicrous how upset people were with not getting the trophy so early on when the game hadn't been out for even a week at the time. How are people expecting to get a late-game trophy which requires practice and skill at the click of their fingers? This is just the level of 'give me now' impatience and entitlement I see surrounding this kind of community these days. The whole world revolves around them and everything has to change based upon whether they can or cannot get a trophy right now, not later after reasonable practice and getting good, no, NOW GOD DAMNIT, I bought the game so I deserve the platinum for just buying it and booting it up, gimme now!

And I agree, whilst the game is intended to balance skill with luck it's overwhelmingly a skill based trophy with a sprinkling of luck but people latched onto the 'luck' vibe the game tries to put across and claim the trophy is 'pure RNG' which is just demonstrably false when you consider the number of good experienced players consistently winning and getting streaks... If it were absolute RNG that wouldn't be a thing at all. Does anyone remember that maths someone did? Like that the trophy is a 1 in a dozen billion chance or something stupid like that... Completely backwards maths they used by assuming you have a 1 in 60 purely random chance of winning so you do the 1/60 odds applied to 5 in a row and end up with some stupidly big number xD... Crazy... 

Let's look at a random instance of 'luck' to try and debunk, it's just one random example off the top of my head, lets pick Door Dash for example. You either have the right door or the wrong door right? Seems like pure luck right? Sure, if you're out in front aiming for a first place finish but just slamming your face into the doors. But tell me, has anyone here ever genuinely failed to qualify in this? I doubt it, because you don't need first place, you just have to qualify, you can play safe and stay near the front and let a couple others smack the doors for you, top 20% easy no sweat, no RNG, just using your brain to have a reliable strategy, extra small tip for that - make use of dives if a door gets very busy to negate falling/being trampled by the crowd and not being able to walk/being pushed to the back of the pack. This kinda stuff regarding a solid strategy and excecution applies to every game so far so if you want to throw a game name my way and explain why you think it's RNG I'm sure I can give you a reliable strategy to qualify for it every time, I pretty much always make the final so I must be doing something right (or maybe I'm just the king of RNG, should I buy a lottery ticket? xD)

If you play with a team too that's enough to guarantee the team game wins everyone blames for their losses (aside from maybe Jinxed or a particularly bad round of Team Tail) plus your team can even HELP you in the final! If all 4 of you make it it's so easy to screw everyone else over! That's easy-mode right there without even needing the exploit, you just have to take turns to do Infallible one at a time. Even if you're solo though if you play to your teams weaknesses and adapt your playstyle to suit you're very likely to win them all still. Luck can play a part, but it's kind of more that getting super unlucky can make things go wrong on the rare occasion rather than NEEDING to be lucky to win the team games. Usually if you're playing smart you won't be the losing team, your teammates would all have to be truly dreadful whilst simultaneously having a solid lineup of pretty good opponents, now that's some crazy matchmaking odds right there! Anyone wanna do the maths for that? No?

I myself got it legit a little while ago, and you know what, before I got it I had quite a few close 4 win streaks and far too many 3 wins in a row to count. Plenty of times where I'd do something like: 2 wins/loss/3 wins/loss but the fun part is very very rarely any of those attempts were ended by anything that I could describe as being RNG, I usually had some control over winning but screwed up and that's fine we can't be perfect 100% of the time and sometimes another player can be better than you, swallow your pride and just admit a fair loss, you got beat, outplayed, big deal. I lost the 5th game in my close attempts typically because I, ME, THIS GUY RIGHT HERE, messed up... RNG didn't screw me over, I did. First few close calls were due than a Hex a Gone final because early on in the game I wasn't very consistent at that game but now I win it almost every time it shows up so that's not a problem anymore (until everyone else starts to get better too haha, but that's online gaming in a nutshell, pretty sure I'd suck at Rocket League for example looking at how the community has evolved since I stopped playing way back when) One of my 5th game losses was a Royal Fumble at the last second and okay, I do admit this one game is kinda broken at the moment (mostly connection related), but I didn't lose it that time because of that so I can't lie and say the game screwed me... Besides it's quite rare in the rotation lately (and they're working on fixing it) so the odds of losing to a Royal Fumble glitch is still pretty damn low as it is and the fix will remove that risk entirely and it'll be just your skill and strategy.

It's absolutely predominantly down to your ability. These people who cry 'RNG is why I can't do this trophy' are honestly probably the same people I see dropping like flies on Slime Climb while I'm consistently coming 1st in it, as do many of my friends when they play without me in their squad stealing 1st place from them xD. If that game were RNG, why have I almost never even came 2nd or lower, let alone fail to qualify, am I just THAT lucky or... get this, did I learn from experience and past mistakes when I first started, improve at the game, 'git gud' as they say, instead of blaming everything on RNG and learning nothing.  

When you consider this exploit available too right now this trophy is just a total joke, ANYONE can get 5 wins with the exploit, if you struggle to get 5 wins you wouldn't have gotten the plat anyway because you need 20 episode wins! Looks like almost hundreds of people are getting this each day, going to safely assume a good chunk are exploit users but I do genuinely believe a decent amount would be legit because it's nowhere near the absurd level of difficulty people are making it out to be. With practice winning in this game is so damn easy, especially with the sheer popularity of this game right now there's so many casual 'just have fun' people playing (that's what this game is all about after all!) I have so many god damn crowns and nothing to spend them on! I hope they introduce more pricier and rarer costumes to reward us with piles of crowns doing absolutely bugger all in our inventory xD

Also, just to add a bit more for those who are deciding not to use the exploit but still think the the trophy is too much, the devs have literally stated they're going to basically make the trophy easier through updates to the game, whether that be new modes, squad wins instead of solos etc. so if you just wait that trophy out instead of damanding it pops immediately you'll probably sweep it up no problem once it gets easier... But no, most of y'all need it now right? Everyone needs everything now, I mean, this is a bigger societal issue these days but I'm not going down that rabbit hole on a comment in a trophy forum thread xD.

Sorry if this seems a bit ranty, this is a popular flavour of the month kind of game right now and I'm enjoying my time with it a lot and there's a heck of a lot of conversation going on with it and I'm probably getting too involved with it all because, well, just look how popular these threads are for this game everyone wants to talk about this game both positively and negatively. I've made tier lists of the games, multiple discords I'm in have Fall Guys channels that I'm constantly talking in, sharing FG memes and I'm just living and breathing everything to do with this game right now. I'm just having strong opinions on everything just for the sake of having an excuse to talk more about this game somehow and engage with the games community xD but that's not to say this game has awoken these particular views, I've kinda always had these sort of views towards the entitlement and impatience of the trophy hunting community and partially society at large.

Anyway, just have good fun, enjoy it and I hope they continue to support this game because that's what will make or break this game in the long run.

• Like 3

I will not deny that obviously there is skill involved in getting this trophy, but luck is a factor too, this game is just too chaotic. Like others said I think 5 is too much, 3 would be the ideal to me. 

And even though I am a trophy hunter and strive to platinum everything, I just could not pass on this game because of a trophy. I am getting better each day, so maybe at some point I reach the skill level to aim for this trophy. And if I end up never getting it, ok, this good is too good to not play because of a trophy. 

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm assuming most of these complaints are coming from players who aren't hard-core trophy hunters, considering the popularity of this game. So they aren't used to these kinds of trophies, or never really wanted to have any of them before.

But I might be wrong about that.

• Like 2

Well I'm certainly glad I didn't start the game on my main account. While I most likely COULD get the trophy if I put effort into it, I don't find the game nearly as fun or substantial enough to waste my time on it. I don't mind difficult games with rare platinums but busting my ass off for that piece of repetitive multiplayer garbage is definitely not worth it. I've got better games to play than this. 

8 hours ago, CuteBoringLove said:

no matter how "good" you get at Fall Guys (and honestly if you think you're "good" at it, get over yourself

Sone players have over 100 wins. Lots have none/very few. Yes, luck can be a factor in Fall Guys, but that doesn’t negate the fact that some players ARE good at the game.

Of all the flavours you could have chosen, you chose to be salty.

• Like 1

Haven't read a lot of people's comments here but I will say this. If you avoid a game for a trophy which I see a lot of people doing then you are too far gone. Complaining about something is fine. This isn't a easy thing to achieve but like everything else. Luck and skill apply and the better you get, the less luck becomes a factor. I just got got the platinum mere minutes ago and I can tell you right now that you have to be getting consistent wins or you won't be getting this even with the exploit.

I was lucky enough to have 4 of my finales to be Hex-a-gon which is my strongest game. I will say right now. I did leave a couple games. I left 3 in total. 2 Fall Balls and 1 Jinxed.

Basically. At the end of the day. If you enjoy the game and get better. You will get this one way or another. I agree that luck plays a part more so than other games but don't let that be the excuse of you not getting it.

Keep at it and you will get it... Or you won't. I donno ?

45 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Its been proven plenty of times. There are so many addicted players on this site, its unbelievable. They are not even addicted to gaming, they’re just addicted by getting pixel trophies. People get lost in what’s important, trophy hunting should be a fun thing but I’ve had people “attack” me for being not understanding and I can’t be the one deciding for someone else what fun is cause “some people just enjoy getting trophies”, nah thats just an issue and its all in your head. Great example of a game, this is.

Yh. This is one of the main reasons that made me stop wanting to go for Trophies. I like to complete games I enjoy and trophies don't change what I'll play or won't play.

I like to stick to a rule. If I'm playing a game and I wouldn't of played it otherwise without trophies, then I don't bother with it. There's some exceptions like Crypt of The Necrodancer where trophies actually improve the experience but overall. The trophy community really need to sort themselves out and stop worrying about the quantity and their completion rste and focus on the quality and enjoyment of the game.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fish613 said:

Completely disagree with this. Anybody who considers themselves a trophy hunter can easily eventually get 5 wins.....even non-trophy hunters. And that's all it takes...just 5 wins. The cheat/exploit makes the trophy incredibly easy. Remember, you shouldn't think a trophy is hard just because it might take a long time (because it might take some people a while to get to 5 wins).

I'm sure the developers are going to patch the cheat eventually. And when they do, we're going to have players who are pre-patch platinum, and players who are post-patch platinum (post-patch Infallible trophy).  And all those players who are pre-patch will be assumed cheaters. I know that I already consider EVERYONE who has the platinum, a cheater at the game. Makes me feel kind of bad for the VERY FEW who actually got the trophy legit (because im sure there are 2 or 3).

The only issue i have with the trophy is the hypocrisy of the developers. The devs said they didn't want a stats page because they didn't want players stressing out over wins/loses and other stats..... and then they put Infallible Trophy in the game. How dumb is that......

Anyway, I have no issues with hard trophies (as proven by my account). My rarity average is 36% (or something like that). I do however, have issues with cheaters/exploiters who get trophies and act like they've accomplished something.......which there are a lot of people doing with this game.

To Anyone: Here's my advice. You want to "save face"? Avoid getting Infallible before the patch comes out. If you get it, we will all assume you cheated.

It's still hard since you can easily die due to bugs (happened too often), people are not shown were they are, even if you leave then your kudos can increase. It's 100%easier but not piss easy.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, MrJAMBA said:

I havent even played the game, and I dont plan too. I dont understand the hype. Looks like something my 4 year old niece would enjoy. 

But to say that there is no luck involved at all seems completely foolish to me.

This x100. Since I’ve heard this game was the shit right now I’ve looked at some gameplay. As soon as I saw the gameplay, I said “this is the game everyone is talking about!? Just seems like a bunch of bullshit.”