This game is proof for how soft trophy hunters have become in recent times.

ThatMuttGuy

12 hours ago, Spaz said:

The trophy hunting community became soft when people started attacking guys like myself because we see a trophy list with almost nothing but Ratalaika stacks. I addressed this to somebody the other day and she freaked out over it.

Truthfully I'm not much of a hardcore trophy hunter, if at all. I have only a small handful of difficult games and a small handful of ultra rare trophies considering all the games I've done in the five years I've been trophy hunting.

There is a point where I think we all need to take a break. Lately I've gone to doing some physical activities and not playing quite so much and that has made a HUGE difference in how I perceive trophies. For difficult games with difficult trophies that I want to do, I take my time. No need to rush or try to get a fast time for a platinum, because that is completely pointless.

I don't think it's just trophies, it's gamers in general because video games have become much easier over the past decade or so. I played Baldur's Gate close to 20 years ago, which now has a PS4 port that is the Enhanced version from Steam. I am willing to bet the vast majority of trophy hunters, especially ones on this website would struggle greatly in even having an understanding in how to play Baldur's Gate. Even fewer players would try to get the platinum.

I've done a number of RTS games that I think many people today would just quit out of because they lack the determination and time required to get good at them. People just want easy stuff handed to them and it shows with the multitudes of easy platinums out there. 15 - 20 years ago, we had to practice and get good with a lot of PS2 games. Even GTA San Andreas, which I consider to be fairly easy compared to some other PS2 era titles, still required a bit of effort and time on the players part to get 100 percent.

Now it's like the video game industry, especially AAA developers just treat people as dumb, so they streamline the games and put in more ease of access to make the games as easy as they can be.

What do ya Bench?????

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

Do I have to be judged and fell bad by people because I choose to not start this game in my main account, whatever the reason? Because some comments around here, even the OP, are literally saying it and dozens of people agree with that.

Just stop pointing fingers to the "community" implying they're less gamers then you, they shouldn't care about trophies because their profile rate is not close to perfect (LOL), they should git gud because this is not a lucky based game... That's clearly showing off how superior you guys think you are. 

This attitude you're having isn't making the "community" better, it even makes it more toxic for each other.

The issue isn’t the choice of games people play. The issue is when people cry when difficult trophy lists like Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus come out and they avoid a game entirely because of that. When previously, they had an interest in the game, but are now avoiding it because it ‘hurts their completion rate’. 

Not everything should be Ratalalika stacks, but people take the easy way out and when they argue about something being too difficult or luck based the entire conservation goes full circle.

I blame both sides, because they are both guilty in fostering a ‘toxic community’.

4 hours ago, KaKrackle said:

What do ya Bench?????

Around 200 pounds, or 90 kgs.  

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

@ topic lol... people are so annoying, grow up. Nothing is different. Go to ps trophies on some old games plat difficulty ratings threads and people are crying about all sorts of fucking games and trophies being too hard and bullshit. People acting like Deadpool is the most difficult game ever made. I notice since I’m slow af getting some plats and am always curious what people say. 

Well yes. Look at some old threads and you’ll see people complain about Killzone 2’s Valor Grand Cross trophy for being in the top 1 percent in multiplayer in any given week. Or those challenges in Vanquish, particularly Challenge #6 that stopped many people from the platinum.

Case in point, we cried about Nintendo 64 games and Playstation 2 games. The people before me cried about NES and SNES titles. 

It’s no different. It’s just a younger generation complaining, just like we did 10 - 15 years ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gamehelp said:

By that same logic, nobody should clean their house, nobody else is gonna see it right?  therefore it doesn't matter.

Did you consider maybe the owner of the account just doesn't want to look back on something they couldn't do because it was outside of their natural ability to complete?

Crazy how narrow minded some people are /shrug

Exactly it’s not about what people think, it’s what I think. and I find it funny that people say this in a trophy hunting site

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The issue isn’t the choice of games people play. The issue is when people cry when difficult trophy lists like Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus come out and they avoid a game entirely because of that. When previously, they had an interest in the game, but are now avoiding it because it ‘hurts their completion rate’.

I don't get the focus on keeping your completion rate high at all costs. If you're playing games on alternate accounts to hide that you can't or don't want to complete those games then it kind of makes it pointless. It just becomes a meaningless list of everyone having 90%+ completion rates.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AusLeviathan said:

I don't get the focus on keeping your completion rate high at all costs. If you're playing games on alternate accounts to hide that you can't or don't want to complete those games then it kind of makes it pointless. It just becomes a meaningless list of everyone having 90%+ completion rates.

The need for community (trophy hunting's niche completionist group), yet the fear of not being good enough to be a member of it.

Of course outcasts in the real world, care about their standing in the digital realm. It's the only social community, a lot of them have.

I tried this game out on an alt and got to level 13 or 14 I believe - to see what all the fuss was about, I'm not a BR fan at all.

For what it's worth the game seemed fun at first but theres not alot of content gameplay wise, unless theres more too it, I started round one in a guess the right door game everytime, in which was purely luck based, not to mention 20 people trying to screw the same doorway.. I managed to get the football/soccer game once which was a change, an egg grab/grab a tail game a couple times, a game called whirlygig I think it was called and only ever got the hexagon game in the final. So yeah unless it's just giving me the same maps, I can understand how some people would rather just get it over and done with, it's not a game imo that can hold someone's attention for months on end without regular game updates to keep things fresh, again just my opinion, theres only so many times you can screw a door frame with 20 people before it wears thin... I guess.

That being said, I dont get how this game is proof of anything? Some people will love this stuff if they like Takeshi's Castle or Wipeout shows or BR type games especially, but to say a trophy community is weak or certain people in that community are weak, is far fetched, at best.

Play what you want, enjoy what you want. Were suppose to be a community, not everyones opinion is gonna match the next persons. You love this game, play it, plat it, all power to you. Just don't right off others hard work on their lists over one hard trophy.

12 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

I really would like to understand why people are so judgemental. What's the problem if someone doesn't want to start a game because of a single trophy? A lot of people say this is a fun game, what if it isn't a fun game for me?

Do I have to be judged and fell bad by people because I choose to not start this game in my main account, whatever the reason? Because some comments around here, even the OP, are literally saying it and dozens of people agree with that.

Just stop pointing fingers to the "community" implying they're less gamers then you, they shouldn't care about trophies because their profile rate is not close to perfect (LOL), they should git gud because this is not a lucky based game... That's clearly showing off how superior you guys think you are. 

This attitude you're having isn't making the "community" better, it even makes it more toxic for each other.

Isso já é mostrar apenas o que conseguiram fazer nessa conta e depois as pessoas pensam "Muito bem, este jogador é bom tem 100% em todos os jogos que jogou", o que na verdade é mentira porque escondem os jogos que jogaram mas não fizeram 100%.

É a mesma coisa que eu mostrar as minhas cadernetas de futebol completas, mas tenho escondidas as que não completei.

Edited by Mastodon_Slayer

2 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

Of course outcasts in the real world, care about their standing in the digital realm. It's the only social community, a lot of them have.

Most kids nowadays are too scared to go out into the real world. Even if COVID-19 didn’t happen. 

I predict in the future, we’ll be living like the people in The Matrix, while everything else went to shit.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 7:50 PM, CuteBoringLove said:

...no matter how "good" you get at Fall Guys (and honestly if you think you're "good" at it, get over yourself --  it's basically a Mario Party Battle Royale) there's always going to be team games and most games...

A lot of people need to read this and then reread this... this game is 50% luck and 50% skill.. its not one or the other and the two are not mutually exclusive in this game, they go hand-in-hand.. you're either lucky enough to NOT have bad luck happen to you or you can skillfully avoid mistakes and play it safe. But the two are always involved, in every round, in equal amounts and measures to be sure..

Edited by xxdmcgee2288xx
general context
  • Like 3

I don't mind hard platinums at all as long as they aren't bullshit. For example, I'm still trying to get the xcom 2 plat because I know I've made a mistake when I fuck up. Fall guys however I do think has a lot to do with rng. And 5 wins in a row is just too much imo. 3 would have been more than enough. 

That being said I don't really care if someone goes for easy or hard platinum trophies only, in the end those are just digital number that are never going to mean anything.

I was a little surprised at how upset people were about this game. Perhaps I shouldn’t have been, but I was!

The thing is, I actually fully understand the disdain for trophies like this that rely on things that are outside of the player’s control. Whether it’s extreme luck and RNG for example, or the need to have a really good internet connection etc. And I tend to really despise multiplayer trophies in general, so I understand the annoyance on some level

But that’s just the thing.... this is a multiplayer game!!!

It’s not like this is a really popular singleplayer game or some huge AAA release that people might really want to play and platinum for whatever reason (not those are appropriate conditions for whining about trophies, but just saying). This is a 100% online, MMO style of. game which you should have expected to have a shitty trophy list to begin with. Most of these fully online type of games do! And it’s for this reason that I had zero interest in this game, or in adding this game to my profile.

I think this entitled attitude you’re seeing from trophy hunters more and more these days is a direct consequence of the “E Z plat” era of trophy hunting we’re living in. People are so used to collecting fast, easy platinums with no effort required, that now there is a big resistance every time a game presents them with any sort of challenge.

It’s starting to set a really pathetic precedent too. Just look at the TLoU2 example we saw recently where the “challenging” trophies added to the game (Grounded/Permadeath) came with the ability to use accessibility options so that everyone was able to get those trophies. What the fuck is that about?!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Spaz said:

Not everything should be Ratalalika stacks, but people take the easy way out and when they argue about something being too difficult or luck based the entire conservation goes full circle.

I blame both sides, because they are both guilty in fostering a ‘toxic community’.

Wolfenstein doesn't hurt any completion rate because it's a bronze trophy. If you get all trophies except that one, you'll end up with a 98% on your profile. Wolfenstein was more about "I won't get my platinum because of a simple bronze trophy, where the requirements are harder then any other silver or gold trophy in the game". 

My main point is: I don't see many players complaining about how cheap easy a game is, while other people judging them because they won't start the game for being easy. It's not about completition rate, some people (including myself) don't want to spend a cent on a game with a trophy list where it requires to lose to get gold trophies. Even if the game is fun.

However, I absolutely agree that people shouldn't be extreme, insulting developers and create petitions to change anything. They have to accept the list as it is, they don't like it, they don't have to play it.

If people accept and respect this, nobody should also judge a person for not starting the game.

9 hours ago, Mastodon_Slayer said:

Isso já é mostrar apenas o que conseguiram fazer nessa conta e depois as pessoas pensam "Muito bem, este jogador é bom tem 100% em todos os jogos que jogou", o que na verdade é mentira porque escondem os jogos que jogaram mas não fizeram 100%.

É a mesma coisa que eu mostrar as minhas cadernetas de futebol completas, mas tenho escondidas as que não completei.

Mas a lista é pessoal, por isso a opinião de qualquer pessoa que não conheces é um bocado relativa.

Eu tinha um colega na Playstation que tinha muitas platinas; através deste site, vi que o gajo sacava saves da net para platinar jogos. Ninguém faz uma platina em 2 horas quando há um troféu que te obriga a jogar 4. Mas se tu olhares para a lista dele, também vais achar que é um grande jogador que tem os jogos todos a 100%. Ou da mesma forma que há pessoas que compram o mesmo jogo em várias regiões para ter várias platinas em poucos minutos.

É mais certo olhares para um perfil e veres "este gajo fez esta platina" do que andares a ver, no geral, que ele tem muitos ou todos os jogos a 100%.

Um perfil com 100% de jogos de 30 minutos a 2 horas não me diz absolutamente nada, por exemplo ☺️

22 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

I really would like to understand why people are so judgemental. What's the problem if someone doesn't want to start a game because of a single trophy? A lot of people say this is a fun game, what if it isn't a fun game for me?

It's not a problem objectively, because it's just a trophy collecting playstyle, just as going for as much ultra rare trophy as possible, or yes, going for the most trophies, no matter how common.

It's just the fact that the last group mentioned is frowned upon (look at all these thread about Ratalaika Games), yet avoiding the game or playing it on alt account because you don't want to lower your average percentage completion too much is considered completely fine. This is a bit hypocritical.

If many people are proud of their 95%+ percentage completion profile and find keeping it that way fun, good for them. I personally just can't imagine going crazy for average percentage completion, because it'd probably destroy entirely my fun of collecting trophies. Not mentioning the fact that if everybody would care so much about APC, every trophy would have 20%+ rarity here.

On 8/21/2020 at 7:10 PM, HuntingFever said:

I don't understand why some people get so upset about the games other people play or even why they choose not to play something - it's their decision and no-one else's so why get so pissy about it when their choice doesn't affect you in the slightest? Just learn to live and let live and be done with it.

Whether you like it or not, the way others play games, especially when it's influencing their decision to buy or not to buy a game, is directly impacting the video game industry hence you as a gamer.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1