Final Boss strategy in Obsidian Dark Form

willianmarques

thanks for this. this is a good reference for when i do my shell less run...

there was another video i was going to use for reference. but, it was the PC version, and i got suspicious that all bosses easily get stunned in them...

Edited by Malice Flare
additional...

• 4 months later...

No minions before the whirlpool? I get at least 2 before the healing whirlpool, and more after (each time they increase in number, so I reach a point where I can't kill them all and die)

you either got lucky or the game got patched now and the boss fight is slightly different 

4 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

No minions before the whirlpool? I get at least 2 before the healing whirlpool, and more after (each time they increase in number, so I reach a point where I can't kill them all and die)

you either got lucky or the game got patched now and the boss fight is slightly different 

For minnions, run in a wide arc, so they are all chasing you. Once they have stopped spawning and they have grouped together enough, turn around, begin a sword swing and immediately harden. They will all group around you, then you release harden and you will kill them all instantly.

5 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

For minnions, run in a wide arc, so they are all chasing you. Once they have stopped spawning and they have grouped together enough, turn around, begin a sword swing and immediately harden. They will all group around you, then you release harden and you will kill them all instantly.

Yeah I do that, I can deal with them easily the first 2 times, but it’s overwhelming the 3rd time, because they’re  too many, plus the boss itself jumping around

the fight I’m having is very scripted, and no matter what strategy I try, the boss does the exact same steps and can’t be stunned twice on a row, he jumps as soon as I click R1+L1,  and if I got “lucky” and the attack connected, he’ll still jump and get stunned far away from me (aka a wasted stun)