Question on collectables

dannyswfc9

Hi. 

Ive just started new game plus and unlike my first playthrough the collectables like journal entries and trading cards are not showing up on the top left corner when i pick them up. 

Is this normal. Ive looked on chapter select on my current playthrough and there showing as collected

13 hours ago, Quaddo1 said:

Either you've changed some of your hud settings in the options, or 'tutorial messages' (@ notifications) gets automatically set to 'minimal' on ng+. Set it to 'on'.

Thanks for reply. It makes sense if settings have been changed for new game plus. Does it affect the collectable trophys if it dosn't show a notification of a collected item. Thats my main concern. Im not bothered about seeing what collectable ive collected i just dont want it to lock me out of the trophies if its because it hasn't shown a notification after picking up a collectable

Edited by dannyswfc9

17 hours ago, Quaddo1 said:

Either you've changed some of your hud settings in the options, or 'tutorial messages' (@ notifications) gets automatically set to 'minimal' on ng+. Set it to 'on'.

Ive set pick up notifications as on but its just showing in the bottom left corner.

Im meaning the top left where it says what trading card you have collected etc like it did on my first playthrough

Edited by dannyswfc9

Yes, that's what "pick up notifications".does. I never mentioned doing that.

I was talking about setting 'tutorial messages' to on, which is in the 'notifications' section in options -> hud.

*....and no, the collectible trophy progress shouldn't be affected by this setting. 

Edited by Quaddo1
*edit
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, bwithcsu20 said:

You’ll be fine, they didn’t show up either if I had collected them in my first run. Just double check your chapter progress on the main menu once in awhile to make sure everything is registering. 1f604.png

Ye i checked the chapters and its registered all good so far. Powerpyxs guide says it only as to show in chapter select but i cant see what ive collected in chapters further on in the game because i didnt manual save on the last chapter.

Thanks 

33 minutes ago, Quaddo1 said:

Yes, that's what "pick up notifications".does. I never mentioned doing that.

I was talking about setting 'tutorial messages' to on, which is in the 'notifications' section in options -> hud.

*....and no, the collectible trophy progress shouldn't be affected by this setting. 

Sorry dude i thought when you said i might have changed other hud settings i thought you ment that as well as tutorial settings. 

I just thought tutorial settings set as on wouldn't include saying which collectables i have got when i collect them. Normally tutorial just includes how you go about starting in the world etc

I will try tho. Thank you

• 3 months later...

I have a question and it's in regard to a dispute and to know myself because I would like to speedrun plat this game. 

It is possible to do the following: 

- Beat the game on Grounded and Permadeath 

- Start a NG+ (save manually and not over my first save of Grounded/permadeath) 

- Reload my first save (grounded Permadeath) via chapter select and obtain some missing collectibles of the final chapter (via chapter select) to pop trophies. 

What I am asking is, are the first Grounded/Permadeath file shared collectible wise with your NG+ file. So if you let's say collect 3 out of 32 coins on your first playthrough, then you collect 28 on NG+, and finally reload your first grounded Permadeath again and use Chapter Select to get into Abby her final Chapter to collect the one missing coin, will it pop the trophy?

Edited by Stardroid

19 minutes ago, Stardroid said:

I have a question and it's in regard to a dispute and to know myself because I would like to speedrun plat this game. 

It is possible to do the following: 

- Beat the game on Grounded and Permadeath 

- Start a NG+ (save manually and not over my first save of Grounded/permadeath) 

- Reload my first save (grounded Permadeath) via chapter select and obtain some missing collectibles of the final chapter (via chapter select) to pop trophies. 

What I am asking is, are the first Grounded/Permadeath file shared collectible wise with your NG+ file. So if you let's say collect 3 out of 32 coins on your first playthrough, then you collect 28 on NG+, and finally reload your first grounded Permadeath again and use Chapter Select to get into Abby her final Chapter to collect the one missing coin, will it pop the trophy?

I completed the game then done a permadeath NG+ run and tried to find the collectables I missed during the first run. After that run I still had missing collectables and used chapter select from my first run save file to get the remaining collectables and it worked. It seems to use a running total for the collectibles across play throughs  and chapter selects so what you want to do should work. 

Edited by Dieselberry9
  • Like 1