“BookWorm 2cea2bdc” Error Code

Nebbicous

Hi everyone.

Have you come across the error code “BookWorm 2cea2bdc” while trying to play  co-op?  It basically boots you or your partner within seconds of establishing a connection with each other.  I’ve tried with several different people, both in and out of my region, and had the same result every time.  If you have run into this, do you know of a solution?  I know the usual answer is that it’s a problem on the user’s end, possibly resultant of high ping, but I’ve successfully gone through dozens of games since moving last year and gotten all relevant online trophies for them.  Even Far Cry 5 appears to be stable.  Is this just Ubisoft being too rigid with their servers for this specific game?  Any insight regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!  

I figured it out (and completely by accident)!

I decided to try co-op one last time for the Have Buddy, Will Travel trophy, despite the fact that all my previous attempts and every forum post I had found were quite discouraging.  Someone on my friends list invited me to their game at the start of an Expedition, and surprisingly I was not kicked within the first fifteen seconds of joining.  Even more surprising, we were able to beat it and get credit for completion.  As soon as we got back to Prosperity, I was booted.  I had the same person invite me again, and this time they were still in Prosperity; another boot.  We tried again, similar to our first try, when they were already en route to an Expedition.  The connection remained stable, we completed the mission and all was well.  And again, as soon as we returned to Prosperity, I was kicked.  That's what I've found to be the common link.  All my prior stabs at this trophy involved either me inviting someone, or them inviting me, to Prosperity.  I'm not educated enough on the technical side to be able to explain the specifics but that's absolutely the problem as it relates to the error code mentioned above, at least for me.  I know this will likely only affect a very small portion of the population going for the trophy, but hopefully this can serve as a cautionary tale (with a solution!) for those who feel a fairly easy platinum is locked out for them because of server code nonsense.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nebbicous said:

I figured it out (and completely by accident)!

I decided to try co-op one last time for the Have Buddy, Will Travel trophy, despite the fact that all my previous attempts and every forum post I had found were quite discouraging.  Someone on my friends list invited me to their game at the start of an Expedition, and surprisingly I was not kicked within the first fifteen seconds of joining.  Even more surprising, we were able to beat it and get credit for completion.  (...)

Dude, that's really weird, but I've tried doing that trophy with my brother and found this problem. I was almost giving up when I've decided to search this forum for some answers. I saw your post literally 10 minutes after you posted it, which means that you wrote it when I was having issues with the trophy. And it worked like a charm! Thank you very much, mate! I owe you the last plat of my Far Cry Collection on PS4! ?