Can you be banned by Sony for creating multiple region accounts?

Cryogenicide_X

I've always wondered whether it is something you could be banned for? I know people are going to say, "well why would you be banned for it"?

Well, because you are playing games from another country that you aren't from or live in. Your playing games from other countries that isn't your own. 

• Like 2

I have 2 EU, 2 NA, 2 AS and  1 JP accounts for a long time. All of them only logged in on my console I never shared them. Many times I created an account just for a game and deleted it. Also, my main account is Uk but I live in Turkey. I also use these accounts on my Vita too.  So, I don't think so :) 

43 minutes ago, anilcanballi said:

I have 2 EU, 2 NA, 2 AS and  1 JP accounts for a long time. All of them only logged in on my console I never shared them. Many times I created an account just for a game and deleted it. Also, my main account is Uk but I live in Turkey. I also use these accounts on my Vita too.  So, I don't think so :) 

Oh, okay.

16 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

How would it be horrible? Everyone would be able to have everything and anything. No more would there be only a certain country can have this game etc. 

Not everyone has the same purchasing power.

There's no point in buying in the EU Store when the NA store has cheaper prices, scratch that, there would be no point in  buying anything outside Indonesia or Turkey where they have half the price, a severe net loss for Sony.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Not everyone has the same purchasing power.

There's no point in buying in the EU Store when the NA store has cheaper prices, scratch that, there would be no point in  buying anything outside Indonesia or Turkey where they have half the price, a severe net loss for Sony.

Turkey has the cheapest prices?

10 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

I just have one account and play on one account, but I don't think you'll be banned. Many players have multiple accounts from different regions. Here is the terms of service for some light reading 1f606.png

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/legal/terms-of-service/

It says this in there TOS,

Screenshot-20200822-175724-Chrome.jpg 

45 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

It says this in there TOS,

There are distribution contracts that are only for specific regions that Sony has to honor and so the regions aren’t ever going away. It’s implemented so Sony can say they’re doing their part, but unlikely they’d ever take action against someone if that’s their only violation of the TOS. 

1 hour ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

How would it be horrible? Everyone would be able to have everything and anything. No more would there be only a certain country can have this game etc. 

Cause right now we have the choice to compare prices and buy the cheapest one. Asian stores put different games on sale than Western stores, example. If you put them in one, there will be a power struggle and obviously the prices would be all the same so they would limit us again (like they’re trying to do with the PS5 digital console, future wise). Its a stupid idea. Its best to have multiple accounts from different regions and I hope they don’t change that. Also to keep in mind that not everyone uses the same currency, it would be a mess.

Edited by LoveInHell

I made multiple region accounts so I could get all the stacks of Sound Shapes, which sadly you cannot autopop the trophies anymore because of server shutdown.

Still got some funds left on my UK, HK and JP accounts, need to spend some of that money before I completely forget.

• Like 1