Gotham Knights (October 21, 2022)

ziggypossum

14 minutes ago, JavaNext said:

Looks like a Marvel's Avengers type game. Can't help but to be a bit disappointed, but I will wait for more information and see if it gets better.

On very superficial level, I guess you have a point. Both games are about comic book characters and will numerous references to comic book lore.

game as a service

What's been confirmed? 

open world

How many other options are there really?

Dear god is next gen going to be boring if every company makes this style of game

If it makes money and keeps the player count up then it means actual gamers are engaged and enjoying themselves. 
Regardless of the generation there will be companies that follow trends. For much of the 80s it was Mario/platform clones. Every console had some mascot that had ledges to jump on and coins to collect. The 90s it was 3D fighters. Now it's battle royals. Complaining about the popular thing is so passe.  
Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 3

Looks similar to what Marvel's Avengers is doing. I'm finding Avengers to be more enjoyable than what some people are making it out to be, but I'll still need to see more about this game before I have any real interest in it. I also hope that Batman is playable because aside from Red Hood, I'm not interested in any of those other characters. 

• Like 1

So wait, is this a sequel to Arkham Knight? Because the beginning implies the "Knightfall Protocol" but then he says Jim Gordon is dead even though he wasn't at the end of AK? And Barbara is suddenly not paraplegic? In any case, not too hyped from how things are looking right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TJ_Solo said:

On very superficial level, I guess you have a point. Both games are about comic book characters and will numerous references to comic book lore.  

You seem very defensive of this game.

So far they showed changing characters, online co-op, leveling and upgrades by equiment, all elements present in Marvel's Avengers.

Of course they arent the same because of it, but saying the simililarities are "very superficial" is just not true.

• Like 3