Gotham Knights (October 21, 2022)

ziggypossum

9 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Wow, that's an incredibly lame pre-order bonus.

The game looks fine, though. I just hope the trophy list doesn't include stuff like 'do all team takedown moves' or any MP stuff like that. 

and if they made the pre-order bonus any better, then people would whine about being "forced" to pre-order the game or missing out on something they want. Imagine the 2022 level outcry if they did pre-order bonuses per store like the last Arkham game. 

Edited by TJ_Solo

1 minute ago, TJ_Solo said:

and if they made the pre-order bonus any better, then people would whine about being "forced" to pre-order the game or missing out on something they want. Imagine the 2022 level outcry if they did pre-order bonuses per store like the last Arkham game. 

Pre-order bonus should be $10 off the retail price, considering you're likely in for a glitch filled game in need of months of patches : )

That's across the board, not directed at Gotham Knights.

But yeah, those multiple retailer exclusive pre-order bonus days were terrible. And also filled with dumb stuff, haha.

TfTdCEj.png

https://www.gothamknightsgame.com/en-us/purchase

Standard Edition - $69.99

Deluxe Edition - $89.99

The Deluxe Edition of Gotham Knights includes the base game and Visionary Pack downloadable content (DLC) with exclusive gear, cosmetics, Beyond Suitstyle character skins inspired by the Batman Beyond animated series, and more.

Collector's Edition - $299.99

The Collector's Edition of Gotham Knights will feature the Deluxe Edition of the game, an augmented reality collectible pin, 16-page media book, exclusive Gotham City map, four-character statue diorama, and more. Additionally, pre-orders will receive the 233 Kustom Batcycle Skin at launch, based on the vehicle’s first appearance in DC’s Detective Comics #233.

kukPNce.jpg

Edited by ziggypossum
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Pre-order bonus should be $10 off the retail price, considering you're likely in for a glitch filled game in need of months of patches : )

That's across the board, not directed at Gotham Knights.

But yeah, those multiple retailer exclusive pre-order bonus days were terrible. And also filled with dumb stuff, haha.

I don't know what "should be", just what is. You are not describing pre-order bonuses you are describing pre-order discounts. Two different concepts. 

Sounds more like that you "should" only pay attention to games that hit the bargin bin after years of patching. That would be more your speed.

1 minute ago, Neme-ita said:

Look's good to me, great for next gen only, but the game is not next gen at all xD

It is current gen

21 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

They just lost 100+ million of players

They shot themselves in the legs. It's been almost 2 years since the launch of the new generation consoles, but still not all the people can freely afford to buy them. And they just cancelled the past gen versions. Seriously? lol

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

They just lost 100+ million of players

3 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

They shot themselves in the legs. It's been almost 2 years since the launch of the new generation consoles, but still not all the people can freely afford to buy them. And they just cancelled the past gen versions. Seriously? lol

As the saying goes... "damned if you do, damned if you don't".

I would guess they aren't cancelling those versions for no reason.  Probably just don't want to Cyberpunk themselves and release a game that really shouldn't have been on the older consoles.

Edited by Dreakon13

There are 15+ million PS5s out there now. It’s past time to stop coding for and supporting a multitude of codebases and only release on current gen.

Frankly, the people wanting these titles to be release on previous gen consoles generally wait many, many months/years for multiple discounts and sales anyway. Spending all the extra time and money and needing to wait a significant amount of time to recoup, or expecting the current gen sales to subsidize the developmental and support cost of previous gen is really a poor business decision for these developers if they want to stick around long enough to develop more games.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

I don't know what "should be", just what is. You are not describing pre-order bonuses you are describing pre-order discounts. Two different concepts. 

Sounds more like that you "should" only pay attention to games that hit the bargin bin after years of patching. That would be more your speed.

It is current gen

Well, if you must know, I pretty much never buy games before they've had their first few sales and patches. I don't see the point in rushing out for the worst experience. 

Unless I were, like, afraid to be left behind or really impatient or something. 

9 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Well, if you must know, I pretty much never buy games before they've had their first few sales and patches. I don't see the point in rushing out for the worst experience. 

Unless I were, like, afraid to be left behind or really impatient or something. 

I didn't need to know. One look at your profile and it is pretty clear.

Still odd how you choose to buy games, yet still need to appear is topics about new games you have no intention of supporting anytime soon. Even your claims of rushing are just assumptions since you don't play the games. All you can do is pull a list of issues from the interwebs and pretend that a composite list accurately represents a single person's playing experience. 

What are you afraid of? FOMO is a thing you want to imply is an issue for others but what sort of mental damage do you have that you need to be hear to shame others...I'm sorry...imply shame on others? 

Edit: the last question requires a high level of self-awareness. You're still in the stage of fingerpointing. So, don't even try answering. Thanks.

Edited by TJ_Solo

Just now, TJ_Solo said:

I didn't need to know. One look at your profile and it is pretty clear.

Still odd how you choose to buy games, yet still need to appear is topics about new games you have no intention of supporting anytime soon. Even your claims of rushing are just assumptions since you don't play the games. All you can do is pull a list of issues from the interwebs and pretend that a composite list accurately represents a single person's playing experience. 

What are you afraid of? FOMO is a thing you want to imply is an issue for others but what sort of mental damage do you have that you need to be hear to shame others...I'm sorry...imply shame on others?

I dunno dude, I made a lighthearted post about the lame pre-order bonus, I didn't realize it would turn into a fucking wall of pretentious text from some dork who checks the trophy list of those he's conversing with in order to find ammunition for his argument. Enjoy sucking so much.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Apocasy said:

Looks solid so far. Kinda disappointed for the people that still do not have a current gen console since they cannot play this game but it is what it is. 

The game isn’t out until October and some retailers have been getting in regular shipments of PS5s. If someone really wants one these days, it’s not hard to get one at retail price. If someone just wants to randomly stroll in to a store and have them waiting, that’s not happening, but then I question how much they really want one. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaivRules said:

There are 15+ million PS5s out there now. It’s past time to stop coding for and supporting a multitude of codebases and only release on current gen.

Frankly, the people wanting these titles to be release on previous gen consoles generally wait many, many months/years for multiple discounts and sales anyway. Spending all the extra time and money and needing to wait a significant amount of time to recoup, or expecting the current gen sales to subsidize the developmental and support cost of previous gen is really a poor business decision for these developers if they want to stick around long enough to develop more games.

Just under 20mil units sold as of end of March in news from today, at the rate they are making them they would be in the 25mil+ range by the date this game releases, well beyond the need to make old gen versions.

image-8.png

fortnite collab confirmed???

25 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Combat looks off. I adore this Batgirl gameplay they showed in 2020 more. :hmm:

I agree. The combat feels a little slow especially when comparing to how the characters felt in Arkham Knight. I am glad that they got rid of the numbers and health bar personally though 

• Like 1

Good decision for current gen, most likely they want to release the game in its best condition and last gen hardware may have a tough time in handling. Gameplay seems slow and floaty. Hope polish will continue.

• Like 2

Batman Arkham Knight is my favorite game of all time, I'm a huge DC/Batman/comicbook/hero games and all stuff

with that in mind, my hype levels for this game after seeing the new gameplay are at about a 6/10

only positive thing I can say about this game is that Batgirl design looks OK, not the worst and I can play the game as her offline solo, so at least there's that

I'm glad they are focusing on the current gen only. Although I'm not entirely convinced on this game yet. It looks like it could be some good co-op fun and it's a great universe to explore if they get the story/villains right but I'll decide closer to release if I want to grab it.

• Like 1