Gotham Knights (October 21, 2022)

ziggypossum

3 hours ago, RSmark84 said:

I got £50 spare cash remaining from my wages and really wanted to buy this.

I'm still on the fence as I've been reading constant posts about how bad it is and looks. 

It looks and plays ,from what I see the same as the 4 Rocksteady and the WB Arkham games I enjoyed years back.

Really unsure as it stands. 

I played it for two hours and honestly really didn't like it. Just underwhelming in almost every way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sotoniann said:

Apparently there is no performance mode for the PS5 version, meaning its stuck at 30fps

I'm convinced devs do shit like this so that they can give the 60FPS update later on and get praised for it like they were listening to people. 

• Like 2

As usual everybody is demanding and entitled. I’m gonna have fun with this, I don’t care about your guys petty complaints at this point.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I'm convinced devs do shit like this so that they can give the 60FPS update later on and get praised for it like they were listening to people. 

I couldn’t care any less about 60 FPS. 

1 hour ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

I played it for two hours and honestly really didn't like it. Just underwhelming in almost every way.

Guess it’s not your kind of game. 

1 hour ago, Skurkitty said:

If it's 30fps then it's going to go from a day 1 purchase to a super deep sale for me. They cut out last gen to increase overall quality of performance... so this is fucked (if true). Hell, as we cut out last gen I'm going to say that even 60 fps isn't an acceptable "performance" mode. We should be running 60 @ 4k and 120 @ 1080p, no questions asked. Can't wait for PS4 support to stop for that very reason.

Seems like very entitled unrealistic demands. I don’t care if it runs at 30 or 60. 

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, JavaNext said:

Then why bother posting this?

Nobody here is stopping anyone from enjoying anything. Everyone is free to form their own opinion about the game, doesn't make it right or wrong.

And I believe people should be demanding, if the Devs are charging 80€ for game the least they can do is make it run well.

It doesn’t have to run at 60 FPS to “run well”. Why bother posting? Well because “everyone is free to form their own opinion about the game” that includes me. 

• Like 2

I don't care if a game is 60fps, it means nothing to me, even in games that have 60fps modes, I never pick them, I always go with the better image quality modes whatever fps they are, 30fps is fine for me

it seems like the game has raytraced reflections on PS5 so it will be awesome to see it in game

Edited by The Investigator
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

It doesn’t have to run at 60 FPS to “run well”. Why bother posting? Well because “everyone is free to form their own opinion about the game” that includes me. 

Well yeah, but like you said you "don't care" about what anyone said so why bother replying? 

Anyway, 30 FPS isn't good, it's the bare minimum. And graphics modes have been a thing since last gen, every game should have a 60 FPS option.

1 hour ago, Skurkitty said:

Entitled and unrealistic? When Sony's original claim for the PS5 was 120fps at 4k? Surely you jest. I don't think wanting 120fps at 1080p is unrealistic at all for the hardware (honestly I'm okay with 60 still most of the time, but we should be beyond that). Consoles are always behind PC, but they shouldn't be 30fps at the end of 2022, far behind.

3x

Also just for the record, I'll play it either way as well. It just seems a tad ridiculous to cut out last gen for performance control... and then the performance is 30fps. We all have things we care about in gaming, like I don't personally care about visuals beyond 1080p (4k feels overrated to me). But I DO care about FPS, and when you have a console capable of 120, but put out 30. I think it's fair to say that's a bit bullshit.

I don’t think that was ever claimed, and if it was that’s the maximum, doesn’t mean every dev is gonna do that, nor should it be expected. 30 FPS is fine, I don’t get why people hate it so much, just because it’s running at 30 doesn’t mean the game “doesn’t run well”. Modern gamers are so entitled it’s sickening.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

5 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I don’t get why people hate it so much, just because it’s running at 30 doesn’t mean the game “doesn’t run well”. Modern gamers are so entitled it’s sickening.

I quite literally never claimed that 30fps = game runs bad. Locked 30 fps runs perfectly fine, as does locked 60, 120, etc etc. "Modern entitlement" wanting atleast 60fps for consoles is during the PS4 (maybe the pro) launch era, with acceptance of 30. We're past that now.

Ironically I had your mindset around the time PCs were getting 120-144hz rates. I stayed with 60 and deemed it perfectly fine, telling all my friends they were wasting money on new GPUs and Monitors. Then when I finally moved up I realized what I was missing. I still don't hate lower FPS rates, I just assume that the standard will increase as time passes on, as it should.

It's not entitlement to want progress.

It's not entitlement to want your hardware to do things it IS capable of.

It's not entitlement to be disappointed when things don't meet a standard.

The reality is you're content with a time in gaming progress that has since passed for the vast majority, and see anyone who doesn't agree with your mindset as "sickening". That's cool, that's 100% your right, again I was in that mindset for awhile. I'm not anymore however, and just because I'm not does not make me entitled.

Ultimately I'm sorry you get seemingly so upset that other gamers have a different mindset then you. Best of luck!

• Like 3

Enjoyed that video, plenty of reasons as to why I should get it.

I certainly got an Arkham vibe from it. And it did avoid plenty of spoilers, I gives me time to think really hard now as discounting Gran Turismo 7 the last game I've bought was Resident Evil Village.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 6:32 AM, Skurkitty said:

It just seems a tad ridiculous to cut out last gen for performance control...

where did they say performance?

Gotham Knights PS4, Xbox One Versions Were Cancelled Due to the Game’s Scale and Scope

"When considering the scale and scope of Gotham Knights we had to prioritize and focus our efforts to deliver the game at a satisfying level of quality for current gen."

they're talking about quality, it can mean anything, stable fps, either 30 or 60, better graphics etc. if what you took from their statement was that they canceled the last gen builds to make the next gen builds run at 60+ fps, that's on you, they never promised such things

and we can all have opinions, but let's look at reality for a second, every year, most of the games nominated and a lot of the time winners, run at 30fps, Zelda BOTW(under 20fps at times), TLOU2, TLOU1, GTA5, GOW2018(30fps and ~40fps in the unlocked mode), RDR2, Spiderman 2018, Uncharted 4, all these games are 10+ million seller, GOTY nominated/winners that never touched 60fps at the time of them selling a lot, reviewing well etc. clearly most people are perfectly fine with 30fps

Edited by The Investigator

5 hours ago, The Investigator said:

they're talking about quality, it can mean anything, stable fps, either 30 or 60, better graphics etc. if what you took from their statement was that they canceled the last gen builds to make the next gen builds run at 60+ fps, that's on you, they never promised such things

nominated/winners that never touched 60fps at the time of them selling a lot, reviewing well etc. clearly most people are perfectly fine with 30fps

I won't disagree, when they said "quality" for current gen I expected the usual visual / performance mode. So yes, it is on me to assume. Doesn't make me any less shocked at no performance mode (that we know of).

Also all those nominated/winners were last gen, or in Zelda case on the switch. Again I don't take issue with locked 30fps for past titles, but going forward Devs should strive for more since they have the hardware to do so. That's all.

Edited by Skurkitty

Would recommend Skill Ups review impression on YouTube. He had a 2 hour hands on and gives some good critiques. I was fine with the approach that it definitely isn’t a rocksteady Batman predecessor, but it’s a no buy from me now that I’ve seen their tacked on loot system. It’s literally like Avengers and is such a turn off. Doesn’t look as good as the Arkham series, feel as good, AND a stupid loot game to boot? Shame. The story had me interested.

Good list, I wont be going for the platinum as not a fan of time trials, plus a couple of other trophies than certainly dont interest me. Depending on the game length it might be a 4 playthrough for myself as I might go through it with each hero.

Getting slightly excited for it now.

On 10/6/2022 at 4:17 AM, JavaNext said:

And I believe people should be demanding, if the Devs are charging 80€ for game the least they can do is make it run well.

On 10/8/2022 at 0:28 AM, Neme-ita said:

If the game really don't have 60 fps is not buy from me i don't accept on PS5 after 9 years and after he choose to delete old console version a game run only on 30 fps NO F$/$$ WAY... Is sure the game run only at 30 fps?

I don't really care about what platform people play on. But after reading for years on different forums how 30 fps is enough or how the "human eye can't tell the fps difference anyway" (this one was especially hilarious) coming mainly from console players.. Yet now somehow the game targeting 30 fps (which isn't even released!) does not run well and anything under 60 fps is unacceptable. It makes me laugh reading this. And I mean it literally does, not in a hateful way.

Edited by BloodyRutz