Gotham Knights (October 21, 2022)

ziggypossum

Game stop is getting regular shipments of ps5's and they usually put them out Saturday mornings when they get them usually twice a month where I'm at.  People really want to just ride down to walmart and throw one in the cart, while it's not quite that easy yet, all it takes is a small amount of effort to get one.  

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Batgirl is looking good, not my favorite design of her from the ones I know, I think the Arkham Knight one is vastly superior and so are some other comicbook ones (Three Jokers comes to mind), but... it's good enough where it matters!

her trailer is probably the best way this game was presented yet, I'm so happy that you can play the whole game with just one of the four characters if you want to, I'm only interested in playing with Batgirl

I'm interested to see all the optional skins she has

Edited by The Investigator
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, The Investigator said:

man... it's going to be really hard not to get distracted when playing with Batgirl, they did her right

Jesus dude, give it a rest 

This game is just not clicking with me. Every single line of dialogue was terrible in that latest video. All the goons sound like caricatures of a goon. There are multiple guide dots on a single flight of stairs. The way to break that massive enemie's guard is to simply attack like normal. The puzzle to enter the secret room solved itself.

I dunno man, I loved the Arkham games as they were some of the absolute best on PS3 and 4, but this just isn't looking good so far. How can the story be any good when it seems so little thought was put into the very beginning of the game?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Jesus dude, give it a rest

no thanks, get lost

the game looks great, not as good as Knight, but the WBG Montreal studio never had a premium AAA feeling, people need to realize that for them this is actually an upgrade, not all studios are born Naughtydog level

44 minutes ago, The Investigator said:

no thanks, get lost

the game looks great, not as good as Knight, but the WBG Montreal studio never had a premium AAA feeling, people need to realize that for them this is actually an upgrade, not all studios are born Naughtydog level

Well, they're charging $70 so it needs to have a "premium AAA" feeling.

2 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Well, they're charging $70 so it needs to have a "premium AAA" feeling.

for a neutral game, sure, but I'm a huge DC fan so for me that makes up for anything else it lacks, if a dev makes a DC game, all the way from Telltale to Rocksteady quality, 9/10 times I'll buy it day one, any price, only DC games I haven't bought are the Lego ones because I don't get the appeal of Legos

On 02/08/2022 at 5:00 AM, The Investigator said:

for a neutral game, sure, but I'm a huge DC fan so for me that makes up for anything else it lacks, if a dev makes a DC game, all the way from Telltale to Rocksteady quality, 9/10 times I'll buy it day one, any price, only DC games I haven't bought are the Lego ones because I don't get the appeal of Legos

Yeah i mean i want to like this, i have it ordered. Unsure I'll stick with it. Suicide Squad looks MUCH better and there hasnt been gameplay as far as ive seen.

Guess we will see soon. 2 months to go. Oct 7

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

Yeah i mean i want to like this, i have it ordered. Unsure I'll stick with it. Suicide Squad looks MUCH better and there hasnt been gameplay as far as ive seen.

Guess we will see soon. 2 months to go. Oct 7

there is a little gameplay for Suicide Squad

right now, I'm more excited for Gotham Knights because it seems like SS is more coop focused than Gotham Knights, but I'll get both day one for sure

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Investigator said:

there is a little gameplay for Suicide Squad

right now, I'm more excited for Gotham Knights because it seems like SS is more coop focused than Gotham Knights, but I'll get both day one for sure

I just hope the characters are different enough.... in both games.

Midnight Suns is also on my orders but that and Gotham are the 2 i wont pay off until reviews.

Tho i suppose i can be that dick who gets them, takes the codes etc. tries them. if i dont like them, get full refund same or next day. Keep codes obvs and buy again when its $20 lol

Also Suicide Squad looks more fun and batshit crazy than Gotham which is more serious in tone. Hopefully we get some new details soon 

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 1