Easy Platinum Exploit

APCGrayLocked

6 hours ago, B1rvine said:

we can do a reset and "start making trophies fun again." You know, actually playing the games.

That's why i never understand why you tolerate platinum buyers.

The funny thing is that the ones that contacted me are all premium members here. 

so much more satisfaction looking back and thinking wow that was a hard game but i completed it. Sure in the moment i was stressed AF but man those were some good memories. i have a bunch of games that i feel that way about. i love getting plats and some 100% completion but i dont think i could ever go to this extreme exploiting.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

<snip>

Doesn't matter how you do them (hacking and using premade saves excluded, of course) and this should be the "law".

Point proven ^

Well, @Arcesius ninja'd me. 

But yeah, you don't get to define legitimacy, at least by yourself. Technically, there's nothing wrong with transferring your saves to a second playstation and causing out of order trophies, since it's a Sony "feature" after all, but that's not acceptable here.

Some people play Monopoly with a Free Parking payout, while others play it as a space nothing happens. Some people play with a "snake eyes" payout, others don't. There's no right or wrong, but it's silly if every player was playing by different rules in a particular Monopoly game. What's the point of a leaderboard "where anything goes?"

So, certain methods to earn trophies (while legitimate) fall outside of reasonable expectations, for any kind of meaningful leaderboard, in my opinion. Fortunately, the number of paying customers who will cry over this do have some say how their product (PSNP) works, so likely nothing will change.

Edited by B1rvine

@Arcesius

"I answered to your statement also in the Hollow Knight thread, and once again... It is not your place to define what trophy hunting is. You have your way of trophy hunting, but that's not the only way. The way you describe it, anyone that doesn't use all loopholes, exploits, glitches, etc.. available isn't a trophy hunter. Anyone and I quote from the Hollow Knight thread, that isn't "playing to reach the top 5, the big leagues", isn't a real trophy hunter. That's bullshit."

Actually, it is my place to define what trophy hunting is. You know, i'm a Hunter too and i hunt from 15 years (counting the Xbox period too). I'm not a newbie that doesn't know how works "our world". And i didn't say that if you don't use the exploits, you aren't a Hunter. I only said that we use every means necessary to unlock a trophy or the platinum (including blood, sweat, and tears if you want to do it legit).

"There are trophy hunters that go for leaderboards and will stack all possible games. There are trophy hunters that will play whatever games they want and get all or as many trophies as they can. There are trophy hunters that will go for URs. And in all categories, there are those that will use all exploits, some exploits, or NO exploits. Doesn't mean they aren't trophy hunters, and you don't get to define what this hobby is or isn't."

Those are "subcategories" of Hunters, mainly a mixture of normal gaming with the trophy hunting business.

"You can write that all you want, but matter of fact is that nobody, including yourself, knows whether you are skilled enough to get this plat legit if you don't actually get it legit. Same for Hollow Knight, same for any other game you don't do legit."

Ehm, i know exactly how much i'm worth. I know myself, you know. And that's the only thing that i care about. For the rest, it's a matter of trust, like i already said in the HK Topic or, if you want to provide them, a matter of evidence (mainly videos).

Edited by APCGrayLocked
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, B1rvine said:

I'm not pointing at anyone specifically, but unfortunately, a lot of "Top Leaderboard Rank tier" trophy hunters paved the way for every last loophole and cheap method to be 'legitimate' in trophy hunting. TrueAchievements (not to be confused with TrueTrophies) flags for a concept very similar to this. Perhaps before the PS5 comes out, we can do a reset and "start making trophies fun again." You know, actually playing the games.

Yeah ... I;ll admit I was super into every exploit and such but lately I have just been thinking ....why??? like why are we bothering to do this and not appreciate the games for what they are and like you said make trophies fun again. A reset would be great actually but at this point I think we got so much trash and such its uncleanupable and devs will keep releasing games and selling them with trophies, there will be people that buy them for trophies and not the games themselves.... You got ideas how to 'fix' the system i'd be curious but I doubt it could influence sony or anything....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Unknown_v2_0 said:

Yeah ... I;ll admit I was super into every exploit and such but lately I have just been thinking ....why??? like why are we bothering to do this and not appreciate the games for what they are and like you said make trophies fun again. A reset would be great actually but at this point I think we got so much trash and such its uncleanupable and devs will keep releasing games and selling them with trophies, there will be people that buy them for trophies and not the games themselves.... You got ideas how to 'fix' the system i'd be curious but I doubt it could influence sony or anything....

Rarity leaderboards have meant more to me than people passing with EZPZs.

Something like the following:

https://(URL not allowed)/leaderboard/rare_trophy?user=djb5f

3 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Do you know how they calculate rarity for that leaderboard?

My issue with rarity leaderboards is that they usually either 1) punish people who go for both common and hard trophies or 2) still are influenced by a large number of common trophies, all depending on how they calculate rarity.  

15 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

My issue with rarity leaderboards is that they usually either 1) punish people who go for both common and hard trophies or 2) still are influenced by a large number of common trophies, all depending on how they calculate rarity.  

This one puts a much greater emphasis on ultra rare trophies and not much value to common ones.  For example, I am #44 on the world leaderboard despite only being Level 32 on PSN.  ?

But I agree, these types of leaderboards could be adjusted to find a good balance.

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, djb5f said:

1 hour ago, Kittet3 said:

Rarity also skewed heavily by things like if the game was free, if its dlc, how good the game is (if people stick around to finish or just move on after a few hours) or MP trophies. also who plays all the pinball games lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Unknown_v2_0 said:

You got ideas how to 'fix' the system i'd be curious but I doubt it could influence sony or anything....

I've been thinking about this for awhile, actually. It's a wild dream to even pretend Sony can be influenced. Any fixes will have to come from the trophy tracking sites themselves. The challenge is finding a way to start over while acknowledging people's existing trophies are already earned on their accounts (since they aren't going anywhere.)

As far as a rarity leaderboard that works, the best bet in my opinion would be similar to the Olympics system. It would rank individuals on the total number of UR trophies they have. For ties, then VRs would be counted, and so forth. So for example, an account with 1 UR would beat out an account with 0 URs, even if they had 50000 commons. Maybe add a new sub 1% category. 

Next, fix up some new leaderboard rules to address everything we've learned over the years.

Finally, since there's no way to erase trophies and officially start over (and nobody would want to anyway), everyone could start off with a score based on some reduction formula from their current trophies, starting the new standardized leaderboard with their existing rank, but at the same time, make it somewhat irrelevant.  E.g : Hakoom is currently level 357, so start him off with 357 "virtual" URs. (Not necessarily this, but just illustrating the idea.)

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, B1rvine said:

As far as a rarity leaderboard that works, the best bet in my opinion would be similar to the Olympics system. It would rank individuals on the total number of UR trophies they have. For ties, then VRs would be counted, and so forth. So for example, an account with 1 UR would beat out an account with 0 URs, even if they had 50000 commons. Maybe add a new sub 1% category.

Ignoring the fact that rarity not always equals effort, why hypotetical account with 0 UR and 1000 VR trophies is "worse" than account with 1 UR and 0 VR? It's too simplistic and unfair for some people who don't actively hunt for rare trophies.

PSNTL has a good system, but with small flaw (just like PSNP) - 4.99% is automatically UR, and 5.01% is automatically VR. Comparison between trophies should be multiplicative - like 5% rarity trophy be 3x more worthy than 15% rarity trophy, and 6x more worthy than 30% rarity trophy and 4.99% would be just worth slightly more points than 5.01% trophy. Make trophies with 50%+ rarity be worth 0, because there's no point in rewarding points for something more than half of people playing this game have done - I have a plenty of common trophies, but I'd be fine with that. There's a lot of ideas for possible discussion - but no point in doing it as nothing will change because none of the founder of the site care about it anymore. I heard a ribbon system was loudly announced like, year ago?

As of the topic itself, I hate the fact both accounts logged earn trophies in some games (and sometimes only the main player get one) and I hope on PS5 second account won't be earning any trophies anymore and this should lock possible "exploits" in the future - I played quite a few co-op games with my friend, and trophies popped on my account out of order in some of them, or there was a case I didn't enjoy the game, but had to buy it to clean the game a bit afterwards.

Incredible. Another amazing game, with a more than achievable platinum absolutely devalued because of a dumb glitch.

And that’s not even the worst part- people will use this exploit for the easy trophies instead of actually enjoying this masterpiece.

It makes me truly sad. I hate what the trophy hunting community stands for sometimes. 

On 23/08/2020 at 1:50 AM, BlakkVulture2K16 said:

Cuphead is a truly amazing game that deserves to be played and enjoyed fully, so why not do the platinum legit?

Can’t agree more, man.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rayjenjoeryry_jr said:

@arcanehornet_ didn't you just use the exploit for fall guys?

I did yes, but the huge difference is that the platinum is still hard while using it, and I still had to play 100 hours of the game to unlock all the trophies,

This glitch however, actually reduces playing the game itself to 0. 

Edited by arcanehornet_
Typo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

It's too simplistic and unfair for some people who don't actively hunt for rare trophies.

PSNTL has a good system.

Should probably just make a new topic, or find the old Rarity threads, so this one doesn't get off track.

It's called a "rarity" leaderboard for a reason. Its for people who hunt rare trophies. If you're not hunting rare trophies, then you have no business advancing on this kind of leaderboard. I could say the same thing about the currently leaderboard system, it doesn't give a snowballs chance in hell for people who don't play RataPOWGI-Novel. 

PSNTL's system is shit, since the common trophies still hold too much weight, and the formula was tweaked so the PSNTL owner could be near the top. A system with too much emphasis on an exponential rarity growth curve will then make SuperUR's like 0.01's nearly impossible to beat at all -OR- the 1% thru 25%'s become the "new Rata" on a rarity board. Since most SuperURs slight variation in percentage compared to each other is due to player count, online closures, sometimes have inaccurate figures due to cheaters, and different numbers for different regions, and probably aren't all that different in skill (yes... SMB and Necro, i know), that's why I say just make a bracket for all sub 1%s. Also, I'm not talking about just the plat when i talk about rarity.  So a "super hard game" with 30 URs gets you more points than a game with 1 UR. Ultimately playing the harder games would get you more points and they'd be worth more since they net you more URs at one time.

All trophies should be counted on any formula though, or else people that only have different counts on common trophies would share the same rank. E.g: 

Player 1 : 1 UltraRare, 3 VeryRares, 5 Rares, 20 Uncommons, 58 Commons

Player 2 : 1 UltraRare, 3 VeryRares, 5 Rares, 20 Uncommons, 79 Commons

• Like 3

1 hour ago, B1rvine said:

Should probably just make a new topic, or find the old Rarity threads, so this one doesn't get off track.

Sure, it's not the place for a discussion about rarity, I just can't stop discussing about the thing. Maybe if this leaderboard will be going to be implemented, I hope topic will return.

And to not offtop again, a few words about Cuphead: I don't think anybody (besides top leaderboard occupiers) will buy the game ONLY for trophies (just like Celeste/Hollow Knight), because if somebody look for a quick, cheap and effortless platinum, he should buy any Ratalaika game or something. This may help those who are scared of starting the game because of hard platinum and don't want to lower their average completion.

I don't say it's a good thing to implement trophies such way, but it's not a bad thing to look on these exploits this way, either.

I'm still salty about the fact the debug menu was discovered for the Jak and Daxter trilogy a few years ago. So now you got all these players who have never actually played the games, neither on the PS2 nor the PS3 consoles. Yet they got those platinums in a matter of minutes, basically no different than getting Ratalaika stacks.

Where does that put people like me who had to play through the story? Yeah there are the Orb exploits, everybody knew about them, but you still needed to sit there and do a little grinding. With the debug menu your trophies autopop just like the Sound Shape autopops. So basically these people get three platinums in under a hour whereas I had to spend a solid 20 - 30 hours to get all three games in the Jak collection finished.

On 8/23/2020 at 1:12 AM, B1rvine said:

I'm not pointing at anyone specifically, but unfortunately, a lot of "Top Leaderboard Rank tier" trophy hunters paved the way for every last loophole and cheap method to be 'legitimate' in trophy hunting. TrueAchievements (not to be confused with TrueTrophies) flags for a concept very similar to this. Perhaps before the PS5 comes out, we can do a reset and "start making trophies fun again." You know, actually playing the games.

I know who they are. Hakoom, Roughdawg4 and MrUnknown.

Roughdawg4 came in here and started crying his heart out when he got flagged during his dispute. That moment was when I completely dropped the ball and I stopped taking assholes like him seriously. He sounded so goddamn pretentious and whiny I just wanted to reach over and put a sock in his mouth.

He was in the top 5 worldwide on the 'legit' leaderboards. Yet he felt he was entitled enough to come on here and complain over a game or two?

They already cheat. Hakoom gets stuff sent to him, runs a trophy service, and probably has other people use his account, hence sharing an account.

So, this doesn't count as save file manipulation? Specifically, what stops me from, e.g., getting a save file for Cuphead, loading it up on a separate profile, and then playing with it in local MP. Is it solely because you might have a friend at your local residence which has the plat?

I'm not arguing for or against, BTW - I'm just looking for clarification here.