Easy Platinum Exploit

APCGrayLocked

4 hours ago, B1rvine said:

PSNTL's system is shit, since the common trophies still hold too much weight, and the formula was tweaked so the PSNTL owner could be near the top. A system with too much emphasis on an exponential rarity growth curve will then make SuperUR's like 0.01's nearly impossible to beat at all -OR- the 1% thru 25%'s become the "new Rata" on a rarity board. Since most SuperURs slight variation in percentage compared to each other is due to player count, online closures, sometimes have inaccurate figures due to cheaters, and different numbers for different regions, and probably aren't all that different in skill (yes... SMB and Necro, i know), that's why I say just make a bracket for all sub 1%s. Also, I'm not talking about just the plat when i talk about rarity.  So a "super hard game" with 30 URs gets you more points than a game with 1 UR. Ultimately playing the harder games would get you more points and they'd be worth more since they net you more URs at one time.

The owner is in fact the #1 guy on the rarity leaderboards there. @skippycue mostly has a bunch of Zen Pinball and other games with a ridiculous number of prestige trophies, which are trophies under 1 percent that are worth a lot of points. I got a little over a dozen, mostly from Super Meat Boy and a couple other titles.

Someone will have to make up their own rarity leaderboard that is fair and legit. Whether they will end up working on it or not is anybodies guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, this doesn't count as save file manipulation? Specifically, what stops me from, e.g., getting a save file for Cuphead, loading it up on a separate profile, and then playing with it in local MP. Is it solely because you might have a friend at your local residence which has the plat?

I'm not arguing for or against, BTW - I'm just looking for clarification here.

Absolutely nothing. People that don't know someone in RL with the plat could either share their account details with a platinum achiever, or just use save wizard on a secondary profile and pop the trophies on the main. And I believe that both is absolutely going to happen. 

But hey, let's be happy the exploit exists! Because, you know... the current game is just about getting trophies, not about HOW you get those trophies ?

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

Dumb question but has anyone tried this in share-play? Does it work if so then i can see why people are mad. But if it doesn't work then your really going to give your Acc up just for a Platinum trophy  to a random person on the Web will that kinda of dumb but you do you then.

17 minutes ago, MRgreen55 said:

Dumb question but has anyone tried this in share-play? Does it work if so then i can see why people are mad. But if it doesn't work then your really going to give your Acc up just for a Platinum trophy  to a random person on the Web will that kinda of dumb but you do you then.

Well only the host gets trophies in share play so it shouldn't. Or maybe im wrong? 

22 hours ago, Conker said:

Cool find, sucks people complaning about it, not like you have to do this method, you know you can still play it legit??

Also, there is nothing wrong with pumping yourself full of steroids and then going to the olympics, if you dont want to then you can still do it legit

• Like 2

Quite the bummer and this would probably explain the spike in Rarity increase over the weekend. The game isn't even that hard! Just takes practice and learning the boss patterns. But sadly enough, there are no rules when it comes to trophies. Oh well, hunters gon' hunt after all, whatever it takes.

6 hours ago, Arcesius said:

But hey, let's be happy the exploit exists! Because, you know... the current game is just about getting trophies, not about HOW you get those trophies 1f644.png

When I eventually get to this I will play for the enjoyment. 

There is much harder stuff out there. But it’s a shame an exploit is separating trophy hunters as far as their philosophies and styles are concerned.

On 8/22/2020 at 4:40 PM, BigHatPaul said:

A lot of achievement hunters are afraid of challenge. I could get if this was some awful game with bullshit mechanics, total RNG garbage that works completely against you more of than than not, etc, but that is far from the case here. Cuphead is great! Play it! Get better! Just playing it alone should make you want to get better, the sign of a great and fairly balanced difficult game.

It's either that, or it's what we all face: time challenges. Not many people want to dedicate time to a plat if it's going to take >15 hours, it seems. Which, okay, I understand, but move on. Stop expecting these things on a silver platter.

I haven't purchased this game yet, but plan to at some point.  If I can't legitimately earn the platinum trophy, I would rather never have it.  The idea that I can use an exploit to get the trophy doesn't really sit well with me.  It's for this reason I'll never get the Hollow Knight trophy.  I lack the talent to get the more challenging elements successfully.  When I get back to the game, I intend to beat the story, earn as many of the trophies I can and move on.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, B1rvine said:

23 hours ago, B1rvine said:

I've been thinking about this for awhile, actually. It's a wild dream to even pretend Sony can be influenced. Any fixes will have to come from the trophy tracking sites themselves. The challenge is finding a way to start over while acknowledging people's existing trophies are already earned on their accounts (since they aren't going anywhere.)

As far as a rarity leaderboard that works, the best bet in my opinion would be similar to the Olympics system. It would rank individuals on the total number of UR trophies they have. For ties, then VRs would be counted, and so forth. So for example, an account with 1 UR would beat out an account with 0 URs, even if they had 50000 commons. Maybe add a new sub 1% category. 

Next, fix up some new leaderboard rules to address everything we've learned over the years.

Finally, since there's no way to erase trophies and officially start over (and nobody would want to anyway), everyone could start off with a score based on some reduction formula from their current trophies, starting the new standardized leaderboard with their existing rank, but at the same time, make it somewhat irrelevant.  E.g : Hakoom is currently level 357, so start him off with 357 "virtual" URs. (Not necessarily this, but just illustrating the idea.)

Was thinking more of a non rarity board fix.... i have ideas but as far s implementing them i'd feel they'd be impossible/cause complaints...

Edited by Unknown_v2_0

If I had the game in my case I would be the friend with the platnium so ?

I really need friends lol ?

Jokes aside I don't own the game and If I was the legit way for sure would be my form of getting the plat, but that's me and that's how I enjoy games and trophy hunting in general I'm not the guy who is going to spend his money purely for trophies.

That said I don't see the problem with this thread in a trophy hunters site, everyone is free for using their owns methods and ways to play/have fun. If they want to get the plat in a day and pass on is their problem not yours guys, you really don't know if they have fun that way or not so don't complain for something that is literally not your problem or affect you at all. (Unless this were a hack then I totally disagree).

You know the prhase "Live and let others live" well "Play and lets other play". 

• Like 1

On 23.8.2020 at 8:06 AM, Moridin83 said:

Eh. I did this legit, but the exploit doesn't bother me. At the end of the day, people cheesing the trophy doesn't devalue what I did. Plus, if anyone brags about the plat, but has this trophy pattern from popping it with a friend's game, it'll be easy to see and laugh at them.1f602.png

Same mate . Hate this also done hollow knight legit and now everyone glitch this 

14 hours ago, integra_93GS-R said:

Quite the bummer and this would probably explain the spike in Rarity increase over the weekend. The game isn't even that hard! Just takes practice and learning the boss patterns. But sadly enough, there are no rules when it comes to trophies. Oh well, hunters gon' hunt after all, whatever it takes.

Nah, the rarity increase has been rising every day since it released, was already at 16% before this topic. This game reminds me of Soulbourne games, hard for the newbies but fairly simple when you’ve practiced enough and the platinum becomes very doable for the average person. 

2 hours ago, NamoPh said:

Since when can an account logged in as a second controller earn trophies? Or am I not understanding how it's supposed to be carried out correctly?

On PS4 every controller needs an account linked to it (a little annoying when playing multiplayer offline games), so every account "playing" in that moment can earn trophies if met the requirements for it...