Easy Platinum Exploit

APCGrayLocked

1 hour ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Doesn’t work the way I mentioned above. Player 2 quit out, I a ranked the last level we needed on inkwell island and the trophy popped for me.

joined back with player 2, list shows A rank but no trophy, even after completing the level again. Sooo where is this exploit?

"If someone has already platinumed the game (or done some trophies) and then a friend of his joins in a local multiplayer game, if the friend beat (for example) a boss, he will unlock all of the bosses trophies. If the friend does a perfect parry, he will unlock the 20 and 100 parry trophies and so on. This works even for the pacifist trophy, so the friend will need to beat only a level to unlock directly the trophy."

you haven't platinumed the game, only obtain A+ on all levels of that area, so the exploit don't work because you Player 1 didn't complete everything. One must do everything, then the 2nd one joins his game and when Player 1 does the requirements of a trophy again, Player 2 will receive it. But again, i still have to play the game and i don't personally tested the exploit. I've only reported the exploit that Lucantoo and Mind Crusher (and Givemewin previously) discovered.

Edit: I’ve figured it out! If you’re playing with a pal and you SOLO A rank the bosses because it’s easier than co-op A rank, then you must go back and CO-OP A rank one boss on whichever island you need, the trophy should then pop! We co-op A ranked one boss and it popped for him. 

However, I wouldn't really say this is an exploit, you still have to do all the work of completing the game once legit. Just helps if your buddy IRL wants to go for it

Edited by MikeCheck--

• 10 months later...

Just readed a few of this post's comments and wonder...is this flaggable? 

And I already readed the "What constitutes a flag" topic...just wondering...because I played with my nephew because he loves the game and the trophies started popping...I mean...the 100 parries and the all 1st island with the 1st boss...love the game anyway...pretty challenging

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 8/22/2020 at 2:50 PM, djb5f said:

This plat was already fairly common (>15%), it will just get much more so!

After all of this, the plat now is only at 16% so it’s fair to say, this exploit had very little impact (probably as expected).  

Very few will have LOCAL real-life friends who have completed to take advantage of such a situation.