True Legend trophy

Afracious

6 hours ago, mullinavat said:

I did it on TPC Boston, on the red tees, with no wind, and all greens and fairways set to very soft, and green speeds set to slow. Actually scored -4 for my round.

Alot of the holes are very short on red tees meaning you get alot of eagle putts so should be able to at least 3 putt for par.

Also it is worth changing your clubs to the beginner ones to give you a more forgiveness and a bigger swing plane.

Thanks

On 24/08/2020 at 0:27 PM, mullinavat said:

I did it on TPC Boston, on the red tees, with no wind, and all greens and fairways set to very soft, and green speeds set to slow. Actually scored -4 for my round.

Alot of the holes are very short on red tees meaning you get alot of eagle putts so should be able to at least 3 putt for par.

Also it is worth changing your clubs to the beginner ones to give you a more forgiveness and a bigger swing plane.

How are you selecting thise options? I assume in difficulty on settings. I don't see anything to change the wind and whenever i change any thing it changes it from legend to custom (i also don't see how to change these prior to round, it always starts on easy and i have to change via pausing)  and how on earth do you putt with no grid ?

Edited by andy22385

24 minutes ago, andy22385 said:

How are you selecting thise options? I assume in difficulty on settings. I don't see anything to change the wind and whenever i change any thing it changes it from legend to custom (i also don't see how to change these prior to round, it always starts on easy and i have to change via pausing)  and how on earth do you putt with no grid 1f602.png

I am also having a really hard time with this trophy, I have followed the only 'guide' there is for this and I still cannot do it haha! I either hit the ball too fast or slow and then if I hit it slow a number of times and try to anticipate that and aim further right I end up hitting it fast and it just goes even further to the right ? 

The struggle goes on, I will keep trying to find an easier way or hopefully someone will come up with a better way soon!

2 minutes ago, Kop-End1 said:

I am also having a really hard time with this trophy, I have followed the only 'guide' there is for this and I still cannot do it haha! I either hit the ball too fast or slow and then if I hit it slow a number of times and try to anticipate that and aim further right I end up hitting it fast and it just goes even further to the right 1f602.png 

The struggle goes on, I will keep trying to find an easier way or hopefully someone will come up with a better way soon!

Its the putting for me. I dont understand how you're supposed to have a clue where the ball is gonna do. It's a literal guess. Not fun at all

9 hours ago, andy22385 said:

Its the putting for me. I dont understand how you're supposed to have a clue where the ball is gonna do. It's a literal guess. Not fun at all

The easiest way I found is to just hit the ball the way it is set up for you automatically. Most times it will still finish close to the hole, making an easier par putt. If you want to have a better idea of green elevation, when putting press r3 to change camera angle t the lowest one so you can read green a bit better

9 hours ago, andy22385 said:

How are you selecting thise options? I assume in difficulty on settings. I don't see anything to change the wind and whenever i change any thing it changes it from legend to custom (i also don't see how to change these prior to round, it always starts on easy and i have to change via pausing)  and how on earth do you putt with no grid 1f602.png

Yo can find it in the course set up of the play now settings.

3 hours ago, andy22385 said:

Yeah that's what i do to be fair, but I've been - 1 after 9 and 3 putt a 1yd putt because of the shanks ? stupid trophy

Trust me, I know exactly what you mean. I have about had it with this trophy and give it a break for a while ? 

finally I can say I now have this trophy!!! only took 5 straight hours just now ? 

The best advice I can give is to play on a course someone mentioned earlier in the thread called Royal Ethalwind with no wind and on the re tees however I changed the fairway firmness to very firm, the green firmness to firm and the green speed to moderate. 

Good luck!

• Like 4

I just got the trophy. I struggled with the courses mentioned, so I tried TPC Louisiana and went round in 66 (-6). It's by far the easiest course in my opinion. It's only 5,127 yards from the red tees and most of the par 4s are driveable, and there isn't much water.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Afracious said:

I just got the trophy. I struggled with the courses mentioned, so I tried TPC Louisiana and went round in 66 (-6). It's by far the easiest course in my opinion. It's only 5,127 yards from the red tees and most of the par 4s are driveable, and there isn't much water.

I’ve just got the trophy too. Thanks for the course suggestion. TPC Louisiana is the easiest course by far. I finished -3 and a few of the par 4’s you can reach the green from the tee. And all of the par 5’s are short too which means you can reach the green usually in 2.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, andy22385 said:

Finally figured how to hit decent shots but the putting is stupid. Anywhere off perfect and the putts just skew to the side

I just don’t understand how you are suppose to know where to aim. Yes it’s Legend and yes it’s as realistic as possible. But even the real life golfers can get right down on the shot And look at the green. There isn’t even an option for that in this game. I would just like to view the green close up to see the slopes. 

4 hours ago, Radford999 said:

I just don’t understand how you are suppose to know where to aim. Yes it’s Legend and yes it’s as realistic as possible. But even the real life golfers can get right down on the shot And look at the green. There isn’t even an option for that in this game. I would just like to view the green close up to see the slopes. 

Just now, andy22385 said:

I mean you can use the approach camera which helps a bit and you can get low down. But still its basically guess work. I've been taking a ghost in and having the green grid on their turn but my player on legend.. Im not sure if it will work but I have to try

Edited by andy22385

On 8/30/2020 at 6:24 AM, Radford999 said:

What are the best clubs to use? 

And seriously How do you hit it straight? Lol. I slice most shots. I have no idea how people go straight up and down with the analogue stick. 

Pick the Beginner clubs. You sacrifice distance, but your shots will be more precise. Bad swings will also be forgiven (slightly). 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 9:57 PM, Kop-End1 said:

finally I can say I now have this trophy!!! only took 5 straight hours just now 1f602.png 

The best advice I can give is to play on a course someone mentioned earlier in the thread called Royal Ethalwind with no wind and on the re tees however I changed the fairway firmness to very firm, the green firmness to firm and the green speed to moderate. 

Good luck!

This guy is the GOAT. I tried several rounds at TPC Boston and TPC Louisiana and the closest I got was +2. Did one round on Royal Ethalwind and got -1. Very easy greens.

• Like 2