The hiding trophies/games feature needs improvements..

It's very demotivating to continue trophy hunting when you've decided to hide games and have it affect your profile/leaderboard etc.

Reason I and many others hides games is because we didn't enjoy them, and we wouldn't want to ever recommend those games to people on our friendlist who goes through our library or see our name as recommendation when they go through PS Store. Because they might not even be into trophy hunting and end up making a really poor purchase.

But I don't think it's fair to wipe all the progress we've put into those games from psnprofiles, because it's still effort we've put in and shouldn't be erased from stats

My idea is: instead of saying "x trophies hidden" and removing all progress/levels from our leaderboard/profile. - how about allowing us to have another section of all the games we have hidden? And this way allow us to keep all our levels/stats etc.

When you visit a profile, you see it as normally, but for people who have hidden games, they have a second page you can watch with all their "hidden" games

Sorry I'm pretty bad at explaining, hope it makes sense. And - it's also pretty frustrating when I see myself as lvl 26 with 98 plats on console, but 84 plats and lvl 24 on psnprofiles.. :-/

Edited by kramgod-trasa
Added more
  • Like 2

I've already suggested that some of us with hidden trophies (because of sync problems or just because we hated the game) hate to be labeled with the terrible blue H.  But I think trying to separate the "hidden by choice" and "hidden by cheating" trophies opens a whole 'nother issue that would be hard to track on the site.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

I've already suggested that some of us with hidden trophies (because of sync problems or just because we hated the game) hate to be labeled with the terrible blue H.  But I think trying to separate the "hidden by choice" and "hidden by cheating" trophies opens a whole 'nother issue that would be hard to track on the site.

I don't see the issue? They have all the data, they know what we've hidden. All I am saying is that we should be able to 'unhide' those trophies on psnprofiles in a different section for everyone to view if they so want to. The issue is that our progress is being erased rather than the H

Edited by kramgod-trasa

1 minute ago, StacFace92 said:

PSNProfiles doesn't get your hidden trophy data. It works out that a 'H' needs to be applied when comparing the number of trophies it can see on your profile vs the number of trophies PSN states you have. The only way your suggestion would work is if you synced your profile to PSNProfiles, then hid the trophies later, but they'd need to update PSNProfiles so it remembers what you previously had, which would likely be difficult to implement when not a lot of people would use it (normally, if someone is hiding trophies it's because they don't want them on their profile at all).

But do you think it's better  that Console and psnprofiles is out of sync? I soon have 100 plats on console even though hidden, but 84 on Psnprofiles. I think it's terrible in the current way they've done. MANY people would agree with me that they don't mind showing it on Psnprofiles (because only trophy hunters visit there) but they want it hidden from casual players on console..

24 minutes ago, StacFace92 said:

Also this site would never allow you to include hidden games in your stats, because otherwise you could easily cheat trophies and just hide the games to get a high platinum count. Your trophy lists need to be visible on the site to count so people can see if you cheated.

People already easily cheat trophies and their profiles are still on here, they just aren't on the leaderboards. But I do agree with OP, that would be cool so you could hide games but still have them in a separate section to separate them from your other games. I personally think it is a good idea, but I don't think it would be easy to implement.

6 minutes ago, shxrpay said:

People already easily cheat trophies and their profiles are still on here, they just aren't on the leaderboards. But I do agree with OP, that would be cool so you could hide games but still have them in a separate section to separate them from your other games. I personally think it is a good idea, but I don't think it would be easy to implement.

I know, but they can be removed from the leaderboards because people can see their lists so can report them. I was saying the site would never allow it because people could cheat lists and then hide them to keep them in their stats, without others being able to see the lists to detect this. Obviously there'll also be people who cheat well and so don't get detected but there's not much to do about that except wait for them to mess up.

• Like 2

I guess the simple solution is to just go over to all the other gaming websites and report the cheated lists there too...

Then all those hidden games on PSNP will also be hidden there and the world will synchronize...Problem Solved!

Problem Solving ur doin it right! - Cheezburger - Funny Memes ...

Edited by PSXtreme_

9 minutes ago, dzstrpc said:

Everyone who the CRT forced to hide trophies should have a RED background on their H-icon.

Everyone who hidden trophies by choice should have a GREEN background, until they're caught cheating.

If the CRT or mods were being paid I would agree, but that's a lot of work load your asking people who I assume work for free to do 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dzstrpc said:

Everyone who the CRT forced to hide trophies should have a RED background on their H-icon.

Everyone who hidden trophies by choice should have a GREEN background, until they're caught cheating.

What if I have both? Do I get a striped background?

I think the current system is fair - if you don't want to show the game, then you don't get the stats for the game. 

• Like 2

Guys I dont understand this hidden games = cheating thing

The issue with people like me for example (and I have none hidden but all people I play with hide games for this reason) I'd like to hide some games because I played like, 30min on them, won about 1/2/3 trophies on them but hated the game and will never play it again. I'd prefer it didn't show up on my profile but still like the trophies count for leaderboards. Mind you I'm no hardcore completionist.

I initially had hidden 9 trophies because there are 2 games I have with servers closed, but I decided to unhide them. I hope one day psnprofiles can do a workaround for unobtainables, perhaps give the option to not count unobtainables as part of the completion percentage. As for hiding games because you didn’t like them, that’s a bad excuse imo. There are about a dozen games in my profile that I have no intention of going back to, but it represents my history of gaming, so it stays public.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SiLvA31G said:

The issue with people like me for example (and I have none hidden but all people I play with hide games for this reason) I'd like to hide some games because I played like, 30min on them, won about 1/2/3 trophies on them but hated the game and will never play it again. I'd prefer it didn't show up on my profile but still like the trophies count for leaderboards. Mind you I'm no hardcore completionist.

Hidden games doesn't equal cheating. But if the site allowed people to keep trophy points for games they had hidden then cheaters could very easily autopop a bunch of games and then immediately hide them. The lists wouldn't be visible for anyone to see and report it, but they would still get their leaderboard boost. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the leaderboards, the site places enough importance on them to have a Cheater Removal Team, so there's no way it would ever implement this.

The other option you suggested of having the lists visible on here, but just hidden on PSN, wouldn't work as already explained. The site can't see what your hidden trophies are , it just works out how many you have by comparing the trophies it can see vs your trophy total on PSN.

This also seems like a niche feature for the site to try and implement even if they could, because most people hide their trophies because they don't want anyone to see them (including here). You can see this from the many posts made over the years about wanting to delete some trophies entirely, vs this being the first thread I've ever seen wanting to hide trophies on PSN but still have them count here.

Edited by StacFace92
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SiLvA31G said:

I think Daiv makes a good point about this:

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

So you want the points for the trophies, but you don’t want to show the trophies you want the points for?

I think if you want the points recognized then you should show the trophies that earned those points. How would leaderboard positions based on points be verifiable if everyone were to just trust that the hidden trophies are the right point values?

What other tracking system works this way that you can get credit for something but now have your work showing for others to verify? I’d like to see if something like this does exist to check out the pros and cons.