The hiding trophies/games feature needs improvements..

25 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

You do what you can and limit the damage.

Although I'm not in agreement with everything that PSNP allows, the staff here, free of compensation, does an honorable job keeping things as legit as they can.

being a measurable part of the gaming establishment is always something to be considered.

I credit the unpaid staff more than the website itself for any integrity they offer to the gaming community.

Nobody is perfect. Just irks me that an outright debug mode just automatically hands you trophies. 

I mean the first two PS2 era GTA games allow cheats, but you still need to play through a lot. 

Edited by Spaz

5 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Nobody is perfect. Just irks me that an outright debug mode just automatically hands you trophies. 

I mean the first two PS2 era GTA games allow cheats, but you still need to play through a lot. 

You deal with the cards you are dealt...

The re-issue of previous generation games has been a weakness of the current generation with no expected appearance of change with the upcoming generation. Reissues and remakes are dollars in the bank, yet the gaming community simply clamors for more remembrances of past glories instead of demanding new and original titles. Until that changes, I hope gamers enjoy revisits to glories of the past instead of expecting new and unique gaming adventures...meanwhile,I'll ignore the glamorization of eyecandy and stick with originals...

11 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

You deal with the cards you are dealt...

I’m just going to treat this in an indifferent perspective. 

11 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

The re-issue of previous generation games has been a weakness of the current generation with no expected appearance of change with the upcoming generation. Reissues and remakes are dollars in the bank, yet the gaming community simply clamors for more remembrances of past glories instead of demanding new and original titles. Until that changes, I hope gamers enjoy revisits to glories of the past instead of expecting new and unique gaming adventures...meanwhile,I'll ignore the glamorization of eyecandy and stick with originals...

Yes, because the giant publishers like 2K Games and Activision aren’t willing to take risks. There are many great ideas that can be brought to fruition if more devs put their heads together. But it’s simply much easier to take something that worked in the past and regurgitate it. 

Marketing took over innovation and creativity. 

Just look at EA back in the 90s and early 2000s, and look at them now. Today there is virtually nothing from EA that I would consider to be mind dazzling or wonderful. They made countless amounts of profit. With EA Access its more money. Why would they innovate when they can make money sucking other companies dry? 

That is why I can’t take something like the Grammy Awards seriously anymore. Kayne West, Rihanna, Justin Beiber, Selena Gomez. They all suck and I’m tired of seeing them in the news. It’s all about the marketing. The music classics will always be better in my eyes. Until somebody comes up with a new sound in music like grunge did 30 years ago. So far we haven’t seen that. 

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I’m just going to treat this in an indifferent perspective. 

Yes, because the giant publishers like 2K Games and Activision aren’t willing to take risks. There are many great ideas that can be brought to fruition if more devs put their heads together. But it’s simply much easier to take something that worked in the past and regurgitate it. 

Marketing took over innovation and creativity. 

Just look at EA back in the 90s and early 2000s, and look at them now. Today there is virtually nothing from EA that I would consider to be mind dazzling or wonderful. They made countless amounts of profit. With EA Access its more money. Why would they innovate when they can make money sucking other companies dry? 

That is why I can’t take something like the Grammy Awards seriously anymore. Kayne West, Rihanna, Justin Beiber, Selena Gomez. They all suck and I’m tired of seeing them in the news. It’s all about the marketing. The music classics will always be better in my eyes. Until somebody comes up with a new sound in music like grunge did 30 years ago. So far we haven’t seen that. 

Every one of the award shows has departed from reality of the bestest evar to those that promote the most time-appropriate agenda item. This has been something  going on for decades now...I stopped paying attention to them for 20+ years now.

I've been one who has held a controller in my hands for over 40 years...have over 3K PlayStation titles over 3 generations and wasn't onboard when the PS4 was released...and still haven't upgraded...there was no need. A bit better eyecandy just didn't demand a hardware update, especially when over 1/2 of all the games released were nothing more than updated version of previously released games...and honestly unless the PS5 offers some version of BC, I don't expect to be onboard for another update...

EA and Activision have done more detrimental damage to their industry than most people could image. Yes, the Batman quote comes to mind..."You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Both of these megaliths have fulfilled that prophesy. I still can remember playing 2600 games like Skiiing and Dragster for endless hours of enjoyment...

Welcome to the 21st Century...   

I had literally never noticed they mention how many hidden trophies I have. Apparently it's over 600. I was curious how many there were. These are all from games I started and either didn't like so I quit, or beat but earned so few trophies on I didn't care to "show off" and didn't intend to play it again for more. 

Yes, hiding them is only to adjust my completion percentage on this site but I don't really care about leaderboards on here so not having my hundreds of hidden bronze trophies give me points doesn't mean much to me.

1 hour ago, PSXtreme_ said:

Every one of the award shows has departed from reality of the bestest evar to those that promote the most time-appropriate agenda item. This has been something  going on for decades now...I stopped paying attention to them for 20+ years now.

I can see where you're coming from. But 20 years ago you had Enimem and Ja Rule. They would absolutely smoke today's competition, or so called competition as I call it.

Today you got Drake and Blueface. They're both shit, and they're both a piss stain to the genre of Hip Hop. All marketing and having the right looks. Talent doesn't matter anymore.

I've been one who has held a controller in my hands for over 40 years...have over 3K PlayStation titles over 3 generations and wasn't onboard when the PS4 was released...and still haven't upgraded...there was no need. A bit better eyecandy just didn't demand a hardware update, especially when over 1/2 of all the games released were nothing more than updated version of previously released games...and honestly unless the PS5 offers some version of BC, I don't expect to be onboard for another update...

The PS2 to the PS3 was the last major jump. You could not run Bioshock nor Dead Space on a PS2 console. But starting with stuff like Killzone: Shadowfall and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, you could fit that stuff on a PS3. I'm sure with a resolution downgrade to 720p and removing the more delicate details, I would argue you could play Shadowfall on the PS3 if they released a PS3 version, even if the framerate was bad. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.... sure there is a noticeable difference, but it's nothing significant. Side by side the PS3 and PS4 versions pretty much play alike.

In the past, the jump from generation to generation was so drastic and significant you couldn't play newer stuff on the older consoles. But that was when many companies were still making original IPs that were built from the ground up for that console.

The new Gotham game coming out in 2021 for the PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation 4 OG/Slim tells you right there a lot of games are mostly 'updated versions'.

EA and Activision have done more detrimental damage to their industry than most people could image. Yes, the Batman quote comes to mind..."You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Both of these megaliths have fulfilled that prophesy. I still can remember playing 2600 games like Skiiing and Dragster for endless hours of enjoyment...

Welcome to the 21st Century...   

You can say that for a lot of things today.

The problem is rich white men in business suits took over the industry. Do you think when EA made Jungle Strike and Desert Strike, they had a bunch of suits looking out after them telling them to do this and this? No, because they were a small group of talented developers who shared a passion for making games. That's how a lot of gaming companies were mostly because the industry was niche and appealed to a younger audience. The guys at id Software who made DOOM in 1993 made a groundbreaking game that paved the way for a new genre. You're around the same age group as John Carmack and John Romero, so you should know this first hand.

Nobody in a business suit who went to college and university in marketing and economics is going to have the skills and talents to come up with something like Dark Souls, or DOOM as I just mentioned.

Even Jimi Hendrix, one of the greatest rock guitarists of all time, saw those business suit thugs as the bad guys. Yet he died young... and people today regard him as a real hero of rock n roll.

22 hours ago, AlphaOmegaSid said:

PSNProfiles should just negate every type of leaderboard altogether, World/Country Ranks and First/Fastest Achievers.

I would agree on the World/Country Ranks, but Fastest Achiever is very interesting. It is a great indicator on minimum time required to finish a game. I won't be able to beat it in the same time, but if the fastest time is 5 hours versus 10 hours, that says a lot.

The 'H' will always mean 'Cheated' in my opinion. Why even hide trophies in the first place? Dont you want to show of your gaming history? And all different games you play to people? Dont you want to have nice milestones and what you have accomplished through out the years? 

'Wait!' So you dont want the above mentioned. But you want the points for 'H' trophies to count toward leaderboards? Same day,just a different cheater!

To my opinion: 

When theres an 'H' i allways pass that profile. Your opinion about why you or anybody else hide games does not mean shit. Because as i said cheated! Because you got something to hide. Sony should of never added this feature in the first place, and i god hope they do not add deleting games feature. Its fine with deleting 0%games tho.

And im prob not the only one on this site that thinks 'H' is a cheater. So dont hide trophies. Whats the point in first place showing of trophies and you have hidden trophies? Or a person shows of 3000 trophies? And has 1500 hidden! Whats the point of this anyway?

Nobody can change my opinion about 'H' trophies.

Edited by DividedByMankind

5 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

The 'H' will always mean 'Cheated' in my opinion.

When theres an 'H' i allways pass that profile. Your opinion about why you or anybody else hide games does not mean shit. Because as i said cheated! Because you got something to hide.

Yeah, you’re the guy who got caught mouthing off in at least three different disputes how certain orders of trophies are impossible and therefore equal cheater! Only to have other people point out to you that your very own trophies show that exact same order. At least three different times on three different games. ?

Here’s MY personal opinion: the opinions of certified morons don’t mean shit. Kindly stop calling people cheaters if they make use of a functionality that psn has implemented.

Why people do things is none of your business and just because to you it means cheater only serves to tell me that you might be incapable of grasping things that go beyond your mental capacities.

If I were you I’d still be in a fetal position trying to overcome the embarrassment of having made a fool out of myself at every given opportunity. Instead of squawking again how others are cheaters. Take a seat and stop insulting other gamers that do nothing but use an official Sony functionality.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Well none of my hidden trophies are cheated, so that’s not possible, but you keep on thinking that. Goes back to my previous comment. 

Thanks @DaivRules for this.  Sad to see so many people pointing fingers thinking they know all the answers. Not all hidden trophies are cheated.  They are hidden due to people not wanting the game on their profile or because of syncing issues, which is true in my case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DividedByMankind said:

Sony should of never added this feature in the first place, and i god hope they do not add deleting games feature. Its fine with deleting 0%games tho.

And im prob not the only one on this site that thinks 'H' is a cheater. So dont hide trophies. Whats the point in first place showing of trophies and you have hidden trophies? Or a person shows of 3000 trophies? And has 1500 hidden! Whats the point of this anyway?

I prefer that Sony let you hide trophies than delete it, from Sony perspective they think "You don't like a trophy on your list? Then hide it! People won't see it and you get it to counts towards your level.... win-win!"....

For me the "H" doesn't mean necessarily cheater, I have legit friends who had problems with a Vita Trick bad done (Some people will say that Vita Trick is cheating.. I don't think so...), hackers on online lobbies or some other weird things that could happen that had forced them to hide trophies to stay in the LB...

• Like 1

I always thought of my profile like a gaming diary. I can go back years and see what I played at that time. Would not want to hide any trophies for that reason alone. Getting credit for hidden trophies is flat out crazy and should never be allowed. 

Imagine hakoom in first place but he is only showing My Name is Mayo. 

The reason most people think the terrible blue H is cheaters is because most people learn that you can hide trophies when browsing the cheating disputes forum. That’s where I learnt about the hide trophies feature. 

Edited by Quink666