Avengers Trophy Thoughts?

MoreThanAble

Kind of odd how it has a trophy for reaching a combo of 20 yet the game has no counter ?, it really should have a counter at least in my opinion. I can also see the on the mountain top one taking a long time if like in the beta the gear it drops is only 1 number higher than the current gear piece you have but overall I think it might be fairly doable whether I do it or not is a different thing but first I need to decide if I should be spending £50 on it ?

8 hours ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Looks like there's no online trophies.

Grindy trophies > online trophies

Came here to say this. I'll grind my ass off if it means no online trophies.

2 hours ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

Kind of odd how it has a trophy for reaching a combo of 20 yet the game has no counter 1f914.png, it really should have a counter at least in my opinion. I can also see the on the mountain top one taking a long time if like in the beta the gear it drops is only 1 number higher than the current gear piece you have but overall I think it might be fairly doable whether I do it or not is a different thing but first I need to decide if I should be spending £50 on it 1f914.png

Well, it was still in Beta when we got to play it, so maybe they will add one?

3 hours ago, Bykovsky7 said:

It seems to be a game designed just for a grinding... and grinding doesn't give any fun of playing...

This was my impression too. Which makes little sense unless they intend to stuff it with micro transactions.

While I agree grind is potentially better than tacked on MP, neither of them add much in terms of enjoyment so this game goes into the pass for now pile.

I’ll wait and see what the finished product ends up like in a year.

23 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

This was my impression too. Which makes little sense unless they intend to stuff it with micro transactions.

While I agree grind is potentially better than tacked on MP, neither of them add much in terms of enjoyment so this game goes into the pass for now pile.

I’ll wait and see what the finished product ends up like in a year.

I don't think I ever got trophies for a game that added to enjoyment of the game.

Trophies are just another collectible to me. This game looks no more grindy then FF or Disgaea or Persona. All of those three existed before mtx and even trophies but require insane amounts of grinding to get 100% out of the games. 
An online game that doesn't have online trophies is amazing to me though.

• Like 4

Seeing Stars
Earn a five star rating on an objective without any team member taking damage

I may be wrong but these two may require 4 players because the AI cannot be turned off and they take damage, unless AI don't count.

Edited by GTAJJ
Added wrong trophy lol

I'll try to add some clearence to this matter of MTX after playing the beta and getting info from the subreddit's game.

I'm seriously doubting of playing the game because how -almost- all skins will be presumably behind a pay wall of MTX. 

But in all fairness, there will not be any way MTX were a shortcut to any of these trophies or even any progression in game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GTAJJ said:

Trying on Perfection
Earn a 100% rating on a mission without any team member being downed

Seeing Stars

I may be wrong but these two may require 4 players because the AI cannot be turned off and they take damage, unless AI don't count.

You can turn off your AI.  In the beta you could get on the quinjet before you start the mission and go to the choose your character window and the select who you wanted for backup, and you could just press square (or whatever button it was) to disable them.  That interface though, took like 15 seconds to load up the 3d model of the character you selected on the ps4 pro, and you couldn't make any changes until it loaded, so it was easy enough to miss.

I'm imagining you can just overpower some earlier missions solo (or even with your AI for Trying on Perfection) and should be able to do this.  If the HARM room ones count, I know I would have gotten Trying on Perfection in the beta.  I'm not clear what an "objective" is for Seeing Stars, but I'm hoping it's not too difficult.

20 minutes ago, GTAJJ said:

Trying on Perfection
Earn a 100% rating on a mission without any team member being downed

Seeing Stars

You don't need 3 other people. IA takes damage as well it does real players. 

And it's funny because from my experience in beta, IA is more competent in survivaling than players actually. Take this with all careful because it was a beta after all.

I would have got Trying on Perfection the majority of times I completed a mission (even playing on Challenge III difficulty). No worries with that.

I have my concerns with Seeing Stars though, specially if you want to do while playing with someone else.

Edit: Objectives are any part of the mission that it's potentially able to be evaluated by stars, from what we know so far.

Edited by TizonaES

6 minutes ago, JediOniram said:

You can turn off your AI.  In the beta you could get on the quinjet before you start the mission and go to the choose your character window and the select who you wanted for backup, and you could just press square (or whatever button it was) to disable them.  That interface though, took like 15 seconds to load up the 3d model of the character you selected on the ps4 pro, and you couldn't make any changes until it loaded, so it was easy enough to miss.

I'm imagining you can just overpower some earlier missions solo (or even with your AI for Trying on Perfection) and should be able to do this.  If the HARM room ones count, I know I would have gotten Trying on Perfection in the beta.  I'm not clear what an "objective" is for Seeing Stars, but I'm hoping it's not too difficult.

The thing is though I'm pretty sure I turned them off yet when the mission loaded I had AI teammates

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JediOniram said:

Ah fair enough, I must have missed it. It autofilled for me all the time lol

4 minutes ago, TizonaES said:

IA takes damage as well it does real players.

That was my point. If you were stuck with AI, they are unpredictable and if they counted as damage, it would be near impossible but as I've been told, you can turn them off.

4 minutes ago, TizonaES said:

I would have got Trying on Perfection the majority of times I completed a mission (even playing on Challenge III difficulty). No worries with that.

6 minutes ago, JediOniram said:

I'm imagining you can just overpower some earlier missions solo (or even with your AI for Trying on Perfection)

I have no idea why I added "Trying for Perfection" I was meant to just copy "Seeing Stars"

2 minutes ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

The thing is though I'm pretty sure I turned them off yet when the mission loaded I had AI teammates

Ditto

• Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 9:05 PM, Fish613 said:

I wouldn't call 70-80 hours grindy, let alone "very grindy".  Very grindy to me, is around 300-400 hours. But that's just my opinion. Semantics.

I have done quite a bit of 300-400 hour platinums and I don't mind doing more if this game turns out to be at least 100 hours. 

On 8/24/2020 at 2:26 PM, arcanehornet_ said:

It was interesting what Jim Sterling had to say about the game. Definitely looks like a disaster similar to Anthem, but I hope I’m wrong. That would be a huge shame.

I have never seen a more one sided and rubbish 'review' (not sure what to call it?) in my life. I have no idea who this dude is but he clearly just loves to whinge for attention. First and last video I watch of his.

On 8/24/2020 at 4:06 PM, Maaden_Swe said:

I always look at what kind of videos someone upload before I actually watch something. He seem to only upload stuff when he gets to whine and people like that are not very serious. So a person who wake up in the morning thinking "what should I bitch about today to get viewers", doesnt do it for me :)

You're smarter than me. I suffered through 4 minutes of it ?

Well,"Seeing Stars" popped pretty quickly. Happened in the mission from the beta where Kamala and Bruce get the uplink in the arctic.,Not sure exactly what objective worked, but it happened as I was opening the Shield bunker after the control point section. I guess this won't be one to worry too much about so that's a relief.

Getting a Faction to level 25 seems like it's gonna be the biggest grind.

• Like 3

I got "Seeing Stars" on the tutorial in the Harm-Room. It was my first trophy, actually. I started the Avenger's Initiative before the campaign and I went straight to the Harm-Room. I was controlling Iron Man but I don't think it matters. And as soon as I got the 1st objective (execute 3 perfect dodges) done without taking any hit it popped for me.

And I also think that getting a Faction to level 25 will take some time.

Edited by thiagoam87

4 hours ago, KIERONOO said:

So if seeing stars is really easy does this mean the platinum is easy and it’s just the matter of how big is the grind?

The only other one that might be tricky is getting a 100% rating on a Challenge IV War Zone. But yeah, after that it just depends on how bad the Hero and Faction Level grind will be. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 0:40 AM, TizonaES said:

In my opinion, this list is easier than the one was leaked in first place. From my point of view the biggest changes are:

• Old Fashioned Beat Down requirements has changed from "Defeat any boss without any strike team member taking damage" to "Complete HARM Challenges I to V". Which from what we have seen in the beta, they are pretty easy.

Thank God they took that "without taking any damage" trophy off the list.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...