[Armed to the Teeth] Weapons List (WIP)

AnEldritchThing

I've been working on trying to get the platinum and have hit a bit of roadblock in the form of the trophy Armed to the Teeth. I've played through the game multiple times and I haven't been able to figure out what I am missing (there is the possibility the trophy is glitched too). I figured the best way to try and figure out this issue to compile a list of every weapon I have found so far and hope that someone might be able to fill in the blank of what I have missed. A few things first:

• I have not completed all the 'Missions' so there might be a possibility something unlocks there on completing all of them. Same goes for the the in game challenges found under Record in the game menu.
  • Many weapons need to be gathered by targeting a low health enemy while you are using Samurai Fist and using throw on them (R1). This will let you loot the weapon they are currently using and add it to you inventory if you have space available. You can physically see what weapon you will get from an enemy if you pay attention to what they are using against you in combat.
  • So far I found out that one boss has a weapon that can be stolen using the above method. On Aku City, the boss fight has you up against two enemies during a sidescrolling train. To get the weapon, take down the enemy wearing the red shirt. Then carefully lower the health of enemy with the umbrella until she is crouching down. Make sure you are using Samurai Fist and have an open space in your polearm inventory and use throw (R1). That should finish off the boss (which also popped Clinch Victory for me) and loot Josephine's Parasol. I have tried this method a handful of times on other bosses and wasn't able to loot anything so as far as I know, this is the only boss that has a lootable weapon.
  • The following list of weapons is based purely on my own experience playing the game and is by no means exhaustive. I put where I first ran into the weapon but it doesn't mean it is the only source or that they don't show up earlier than that. The difficultly level also determines what weapons enemies are carrying.

SWORD

• Magic Sword - Default Weapon
  • Katana - Buy in the shop
  • Great Samurai Warrior's Sword - Found in chests. First found in the Cave of the Ancient level.
  • Broadsword - Stolen via Throw from the ancient warriors (larger grey enemies, usually carrying a shield as well). First found in the Cave of the Ancient level.
  • Flamberge - Stolen via Throw from the ancient warriors. I first found it in the Snowy Forest level.
  • Falchion - Stolen via Throw from ancient warriors. I first found it in the Snowy Forest level.

HAMMER

• Warhammer - Found in chests. First found it on the Aku City level, right after you get out of the sewers.
  • Beetle Drone Kama - Looted automatically during the Boon's Castle boss fight.
  • Axe - Stolen via Throw from the ancient warriors. First found in the Cave of the Ancient level.
  • Mallet - Stolen via Throw from ancient warriors. Also given to you by the Scotsman on the Ruined City level.
  • Nodachi - Stolen via Throw from ancient warriors. Can also be found in chests.

SPEAR

• Lightning Spear - Can be found in chests. Also given to you by one of the Scotsman's Daughters.
  • Bamboo Staff - Given to you by the Scotsman on the Boon's Castle level near the start. Can also be found in chests or in the shop.
  • Naginata - Stolen via throw from ancient warriors. 
  • Josephine's Parasol - Stolen via throw from the Aku City boss fight. See above for my method.
  • Sasaho Yari - Stolen via throw from ancient warriors. First found during the Snowy Forest level.
  • Onoyari - Stolen via throw from ancient warriors. First found during the Snowy Forest level.
  • Polearm - Stolen via throw from ancient warriors. First found during the Cave of the Ancient level.

CLUB

• Club - Stolen via throw from the robo crocodiles. First found in the Aku's Mine level. Can also be bought from the shop.
  • Spiked Club - Stolen via throw from robo crocodiles. First found during the Cave of the Ancient level. Also given to you by the Scotsman on the Aku City level.
  • Flanged Mace - Stolen via throw from robo crocodiles. First found during the Aku's City level.
  • Morning Star - Given to you by the Scotsman during the Cave of the Ancient level, right before you enter the cave proper. Can also be stolen via throw from robo crocodiles.

BOW AND ARROW

• Wood Bow - Can be purchased from the shop.
  • Leaf Spring Bow - Can be looted from chests. First found in the Boon's Castle level.
  • Silver Bow - Can be looted from chests. First found in the Ruined City level. Shows up in the shop in later levels.

HANDGUN

• Revolver - Can be found in chests. Stolen via throw from Bounty Hunters (the cat people wearing safari gear).
  • Pistol - Purchased from the shop. Can also be found in chests.
  • Handgun - Stolen via throw from grey Bounty Hunters in later levels.

MACHINE GUN

• Machine Gun - Can be purchased from shop. Also found in chests.
  • Assault Rifle - Stolen via throw from Bounty Hunters.
  • Battle Rifle - Can be purchased from the shop. First found during the Aku's Tower level.

THROWN WEAPONS

• Shuriken - Can be found in chests. Purchasable from the shop. Also drops from dead enemies as normal loot.
  • Kaiken - Can be found in chests. Purchasable from the shop. Also drops from dead enemies as normal loot. 
  • Reaper - Can be found in chests. Stolen via throw from smaller Beetle Drone enemies (the red and black kind). Also purchasable from the shop.
  • X-28 - Found in chests during the Prison Ship level.
  • X-49 - Automatically looted after a cutscene during the Prison Ship level. I think it only is given during lower difficulties. Can only carry one at a time.

I hope this helps some people out and if you find something I don't have listed, please let me know it's name and where you found it so I can update this list as needed. Thanks all and happy hunting.

Edited by GameMatter
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GameMatter said:

I've been working on trying to get the platinum and have hit a bit of roadblock in the form of the trophy Armed to the Teeth. I've played through the game multiple times and I haven't been able to figure out what I am missing (there is the possibility the trophy is glitched too). I figured the best way to try and figure out this issue to compile a list of every weapon I have found so far and hope that someone might be able to fill in the blank of what I have missed. A few things first:

• I have not completed all the 'Missions' so there might be a possibility something unlocks there on completing all of them. Same goes for the the in game challenges found under Record in the game menu.
  • Many weapons need to be gathered by targeting a low health enemy while you are using Samurai Fist and using throw on them (R1). This will let you loot the weapon they are currently using and add it to you inventory if you have space available. You can physically see what weapon you will get from an enemy if you pay attention to what they are using against you in combat.
  • So far I found out that one boss has a weapon that can be stolen using the above method. On Aku City, the boss fight has you up against two enemies during a sidescrolling train. To get the weapon, take down the enemy wearing the red shirt. Then carefully lower the health of enemy with the umbrella until she is crouching down. Make sure you are using Samurai Fist and have an open space in your polearm inventory and use throw (R1). That should finish off the boss (which also popped Clinch Victory for me) and loot Josephine's Parasol. I have tried this method a handful of times on other bosses and wasn't able to loot anything so as far as I know, this is the only boss that has a lootable weapon.
  • The following list of weapons is based purely on my own experience playing the game and is by no means exhaustive. I put where I first ran into the weapon but it doesn't mean it is the only source or that they don't show up earlier than that. The difficultly level also determines what weapons enemies are carrying.

SWORD

• Magic Sword - Default Weapon
  • Katana - Buy in the shop
  • Great Samurai Warrior's Sword - Found in chests. First found in the Cave of the Ancient level.
  • Broadsword - Stolen via Throw from the ancient warriors (larger grey enemies, usually carrying a shield as well). First found in the Cave of the Ancient level.
  • Flamberge - Stolen via Throw from the ancient warriors. I first found it in the Snowy Forest level.
  • Falchion - Stolen via Throw from ancient warriors. I first found it in the Snowy Forest level.

HAMMER

• Warhammer - Found in chests. First found it on the Aku City level, right after you get out of the sewers.
  • Beetle Drone Kama - Looted automatically during the Boon's Castle boss fight.
  • Axe - Stolen via Throw from the ancient warriors. First found in the Cave of the Ancient level.
  • Mallet - Stolen via Throw from ancient warriors. Also given to you by the Scotsman on the Ruined City level.
  • Nodachi - Stolen via Throw from ancient warriors. Can also be found in chests.

SPEAR

• Lightning Spear - Can be found in chests. Also given to you by one of the Scotsman's Daughters.
  • Bamboo Staff - Given to you by the Scotsman on the Boon's Castle level near the start. Can also be found in chests or in the shop.
  • Naginata - Stolen via throw from ancient warriors. 
  • Josephine's Parasol - Stolen via throw from the Aku City boss fight. See above for my method.
  • Sasaho Yari - Stolen via throw from ancient warriors. First found during the Snowy Forest level.
  • Onoyari - Stolen via throw from ancient warriors. First found during the Snowy Forest level.
  • Polearm - Stolen via throw from ancient warriors. First found during the Cave of the Ancient level.

CLUB

• Club - Stolen via throw from the robo crocodiles. First found in the Aku's Mine level. Can also be bought from the shop.
  • Spiked Club - Stolen via throw from robo crocodiles. First found during the Cave of the Ancient level. Also given to you by the Scotsman on the Aku City level.
  • Flanged Mace - Stolen via throw from robo crocodiles. First found during the Aku's City level.
  • Morning Star - Given to you by the Scotsman during the Cave of the Ancient level, right before you enter the cave proper. Can also be stolen via throw from robo crocodiles.

BOW AND ARROW

• Wood Bow - Can be purchased from the shop.
  • Leaf Spring Bow - Can be looted from chests. First found in the Boon's Castle level.
  • Silver Bow - Can be looted from chests. First found in the Ruined City level. Shows up in the shop in later levels.

HANDGUN

• Revolver - Can be found in chests. Stolen via throw from Bounty Hunters (the cat people wearing safari gear).
  • Pistol - Purchased from the shop. Can also be found in chests.
  • Handgun - Stolen via throw from grey Bounty Hunters in later levels.

MACHINE GUN

• Machine Gun - Can be purchased from shop. Also found in chests.
  • Assault Rifle - Stolen via throw from Bounty Hunters.
  • Battle Rifle - Can be purchased from the shop. First found during the Aku's Tower level.

THROWN WEAPONS

• Shuriken - Can be found in chests. Purchasable from the shop. Also drops from dead enemies as normal loot.
  • Kaiken - Can be found in chests. Purchasable from the shop. Also drops from dead enemies as normal loot. 
  • Reaper - Can be found in chests. Stolen via throw from smaller Beetle Drone enemies (the red and black kind). Also purchasable from the shop.
  • X-28 - Found in chests during the Prison Ship level.
  • X-49 - Automatically looted after a cutscene during the Prison Ship level. I think it only is given during lower difficulties. Can only carry one at a time.

I hope this helps some people out and if you find something I don't have listed, please let me know it's name and where you found it so I can update this list as needed. Thanks all and happy hunting.

Thank you for the information. I will follow this if I continue to aim for the Platinum. 

Just got it.

You need to throw/steal from the boss of the third chapter to get "Ancient King's Mace"

I was on Samurai difficulty got him to the last phase and punched him until he knelt down and threw him.

?

Edited by CalcoMagic
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, CalcoMagic said:

Just got it.

You need to throw/steal from the boss of the third chapter to get "Ancient King's Mace"

I was on Samurai difficulty got him to the last phase and punched him until he knelt down and threw him.

1f44d.png

You sir/madam, are my hero. I'll be trying this when I get home tonight!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GameMatter said:

You sir/madam, are my hero. I'll be trying this when I get home tonight!

I just got the Polearm after following your entire list and getting the Ancient King's Mace and the trophy popped for me. Congrats guys, we now have a FULL list of all the weapons in the game! Mind if I borrow this for my guide that I'm writing?