PSA on Difficulty Trophies

AnEldritchThing

A few things on the difficulty related trophies:

• Master of Masters difficulty unlocks after completing all the levels on Master Samurai difficulty.
  • You can unlock all of the level related difficulty trophies for Master of Masters difficulty by playing through the level on easier difficulty, dying on the boss, and changing the difficulty to Master of Masters at the continue screen and then completing the boss fight. HOWEVER, when I did this, the trophy My Mission is Righteous for completing all the levels on Master of Masters difficulty DID NOT unlock. As far as I can tell, you have to complete all the levels entirely on Master of Masters difficulty for the trophy to pop.
  • I wouldn't even attempt Master of Masters difficultly until you and your weapons are fully upgraded. Enemies are pretty tough and the enemy group compositions can be a real pain in the ass too. 
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GameMatter said:

• Master of Masters difficulty unlocks after completing all the levels on Master Samurai difficulty.
  • You can unlock all of the level related difficulty trophies for Master of Masters difficulty by playing through the level on easier difficulty, dying on the boss, and changing the difficulty to Master of Masters at the continue screen and then completing the boss fight. HOWEVER, when I did this, the trophy My Mission is Righteous for completing all the levels on Master of Masters difficulty DID NOT unlock. As far as I can tell, you have to complete all the levels entirely on Master of Masters difficulty for the trophy to pop.
  • I wouldn't even attempt Master of Masters difficultly until you and your weapons are fully upgraded. Enemies are pretty tough and the enemy group compositions can be a real pain in the ass too. 

Thank you for the info. I'm not sure if I will be able to do the difficulty, but I will try. 

8 hours ago, rubhen925 said:

How do you deal with the Ikamandi enemies and teleporting ninja enemies. Fricking ruin all my chances at victory the moment they show up

I spam either the L1 dodge move followed by an attack or the square triangle triangle air juggle/slam move for things giving me a hard time. The Kiai move for your club is also pretty powerful.

Edited by griffin123456789
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 5:03 AM, GameMatter said:

Can we play on normal difficulty and then die vs boss and change the difficulty to master of masters and it works?

16 hours ago, THE-KING-GERRARD said:

What's the best method to fully upgrade the weapons? and can the bosses be beaten without a fully upgraded weapons?

On 8/28/2020 at 4:54 AM, GameMatter said:

Yes. I detailed the process on the second bullet point of my post.

What's the best method to fully upgrade the weapons? and can the bosses be beaten without fully upgraded weapons?

I have copied and pasted this from my guide if anyone wants if for guidance on each stage on Master of Masters mode.

Alright first level towards getting the Gold trophy! Here is a breakdown of the hard parts of this level on this mode specifically since enemy waves have completely changed:

·       The very first fight in the game. Yup, one of the hardest fights in the entire game is the very first one of this stage on this difficulty. You have dozens of robot enemies AND Lazarus aliens! Fun! So use a spear weapon to deal with the Lazarus aliens and jump and use projectile weapons if you get cornered. This is a tight arena and you need to prioritize the Lazarus enemies first before they multiply! This fight is mainly designed to scare you though, the Lazarus enemies never show up again till the Prison Ship level. This is meant to punch you in the face and accept that this difficulty isn't going to play by the rules.

·       The Scotsman fight. Thankfully not much different from his original fight, he just has a crap load more health. Spam Kiai moves (stock up all three for this fight) and spam the rushing guard attack on him. Jump over his machine gun fire and dodge his explosive area of effect attack.

Second stage, Castle, here we go. Tough parts to look out for:

·       Campfire with army of robots that keep spawning in as you kill them. You start this fight from high ground and are looking down on them. You can snipe some of them off with your bow so please do this. Once you have to get down there to mop them up, alternate between the rushing guard homing kick and the square triangle triangle ground slam combo.

·       Boss fight with large Beetle drones. Use any Kiai you have stocked up and then use the ground slam combo. Spam projectile weapons if they are damaging you badly and you need to get away from them.

Next stage, Cave of the Ancient isn't too bad on this difficulty but there is a big change with the boss fight. The Ancient king now has enemies shooting at you who keep respawning as you fight him. Try to focus on doing damage to him with air combo moves, then try using projectiles to kill the other enemies. Good luck though since the lock on is pretty awful and Jack might just hurl them at the boss instead.

Next level in the Cemetery is arguably easier on this setting than on prior difficulties since they rearrange where you fight Demongo. The end stage boss fight also has some enemies to fight, but if you have either some stored up Kiai or Reaper projectiles, you can kill her effectively.

Aku city is a little tougher than previous stages. Some fights to look out for:

·       First fight with the Imakandi in the sewers. This time they send multiple hunters at once instead of one at a time like on prior difficulties. Using Kiai moves from a club weapon are great at crowd control and the rushing guard is also effective. Once you defeat them, you should store up on Kiai in future fights because...

·       All out brawl with ten Shinobi soldiers in the streets of Aku City. Don't screw around with this. Use a Kiai move from the club, this will have Jack slam the ground and kill most of these things if he's using a club. Kill these bastards at once. The Shinobi are susceptible to rushing guard and the ground slam air combo but they are really annoying and can teleport away when hurt. Ten at once can absolutely ruin your day. You'll know this fight when you see it, keep at least one Kiai flame charge stored up for this fight, you absolutely need it.

·       Remaining fights with the Imakandi. They can be tough but rushing guard is good at getting around and then hurting them. Use projectiles if you don't have Kiai charges available.

·       Bounty hunters on wagon train. Square triangle triangle is your best friend for dealing with these two scumbags. Spam it as much as possible. Save Kiai charges for your club for the fight with both of them at once at the very end.

Ruined City level is brutal. There are several gauntlets of some of the toughest enemies in the game and tons of annoying little buggers with rocket launchers constantly staggering you. Fights to look out for:

·       First fight against a giant marble Golem that Scaramouche summons. This. Fight. Sucks. There are enemies shooting you, the Golem hits hard and takes a harder beating and there's little room to navigate. Explosive arrows are your best friend here, you're going to need a lot of projectiles for this stage.

·       All out brawl with enemies in the coliseum area before the final boss. Hooooooooo boy. This fight could very likely drain all of your items. Demongo shows up, then you have another wave of enemies and then once you destroy all the statues to open the door to the final fight in the stage, you get halted by another Golem and a bunch of Shinobi AND rocket launchers! Spam Kiai, explosive arrows, everything you have. Treat this like it's the worst fight in the game, as it potentially is. Rushing guard can be good at zig zagging between enemies as well.

·       Final fight with Scaramouche. Immediately use all Kiai you have so you can avoid him stealing it from you. Spam the rushing guard to kill enemy reinforcements and deal damage to him. Use guardian potion to take more damage, perform the ground slam combo, throw projectile weapons. Use everything you have against this Spongebob sounding toaster and kiss this stage goodbye.

You need projectile weapons for the Snowy Forest stage. No way around it, if you want a surefire way to finish the stage and defeat the Daughters of Aku, you need to hit them from a distance. One particular weapon that is useful is the Reaper. This is an explosive sickle weapon you get from either the store or disarming the beetle drones. This is useful because it hits its target for solid damage, it sticks to them, then explodes. This should exclusively be reserved for the fight with the daughters. It can damage multiple numbers of them at once due to splash damage. Use rushing guard and kicks to close the gap between them.

As for the boss fight at the end in the forest the strategy is as follows. The daughters get more aggressive when you kill one of their sisters. Because of this, you should try to get all of them down to low health before killing any of them. Jump around like Mario and spam explosive weapons at them to damage multiple sisters at once. When one is down to low health, try to avoid hurting her more. Once they all lose their masks and have little health, pick them off one by one. Also avoid Ashi who will be throwing a hook at you if you get close to her hill.

Prison Ship: You need the Polearm or Josephine's Parasol, they're the most effective spears in the game. Use this whenever you come across the blobby Lazarus enemies. They should be your priority so they don't multiply. Tough parts:

·       The fights with Lazarus spawn and Shinobi warriors right before the final showdown with Lazarus 92. Use the spear to kill the spawn, once you get hit by the Shinobi, jump around and spam explosives. It's a cramped environment so you need to keep enemies away from you.

·       The last battle with Lazarus 92. Use the X-49 on this second fight and then attack him while he's stunned. The arc Jack throws this thing is weird though, you can throw it at the creature, but it passes his model and if it doesn't land on the ground he's standing over it won't affect him. Throw it while you're at around mid range from him in the room. Once he's electrified, spam square triangle triangle on him over and over. Eventually he'll negate damage, wait till he's done roaring and when his character model returns to a neutral state, try to throw another X weapon at him. Rinse repeat.

·       The fight with corrupted Ashi. She now has Shinobi backing her up... yeah. This is one of the toughest boss fights in the game. If you're maxed out, you'll do solid damage thankfully, but the other enemies are going to be migraine inducing. Use rushing guard kicks to get the Shinobi off your back, try using projectiles on the other enemies shooting you. Use Kiai moves on Ashi and also explosive weapons. Focusing on her over the other enemies is generally good to speed this up, but if she becomes invulnerable briefly to enter a rage state, focus on other enemies to avoid being overwhelmed.

Aku’s Tower! If you use all the strategies you've mastered up till now, this stage won't be too bad. Remember you can revisit the shop that is halfway through the stage, just double jump or use jump good (L1+X) to jump up to the entrances you fell into on lower levels of the tower. You seriously want to make sure you go into the Aku fight with as much as possible.

As for the Aku fight... it's arguably easier than it was on prior difficulties simply because there's no stupid Shinobi warriors backing him up. This means no enemies to kill to potentially get health or Kiai from though, hence why you need a lot of items. The strategy largely remains the same as it was on prior modes. Now though, you're maxed out (ideally) and have a ton of projectile weapons stocked up. Use projectile weapons when you can't reach him through the flames. With enough pressure, you'll come out on top. You've now finally finished the game for the last time and are one huge step closer to getting the platinum!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 9:03 AM, GameMatter said:

Thank you.

Is there some kind of new game plus in the game?

On 8/30/2020 at 5:31 AM, griffin123456789 said:

I have copied and pasted this from my guide if anyone wants if for guidance on each stage on Master of Masters mode.

Alright first level towards getting the Gold trophy! Here is a breakdown of the hard parts of this level on this mode specifically since enemy waves have completely changed:

·       The very first fight in the game. Yup, one of the hardest fights in the entire game is the very first one of this stage on this difficulty. You have dozens of robot enemies AND Lazarus aliens! Fun! So use a spear weapon to deal with the Lazarus aliens and jump and use projectile weapons if you get cornered. This is a tight arena and you need to prioritize the Lazarus enemies first before they multiply! This fight is mainly designed to scare you though, the Lazarus enemies never show up again till the Prison Ship level. This is meant to punch you in the face and accept that this difficulty isn't going to play by the rules.

·       The Scotsman fight. Thankfully not much different from his original fight, he just has a crap load more health. Spam Kiai moves (stock up all three for this fight) and spam the rushing guard attack on him. Jump over his machine gun fire and dodge his explosive area of effect attack.

Second stage, Castle, here we go. Tough parts to look out for:

·       Campfire with army of robots that keep spawning in as you kill them. You start this fight from high ground and are looking down on them. You can snipe some of them off with your bow so please do this. Once you have to get down there to mop them up, alternate between the rushing guard homing kick and the square triangle triangle ground slam combo.

·       Boss fight with large Beetle drones. Use any Kiai you have stocked up and then use the ground slam combo. Spam projectile weapons if they are damaging you badly and you need to get away from them.

Next stage, Cave of the Ancient isn't too bad on this difficulty but there is a big change with the boss fight. The Ancient king now has enemies shooting at you who keep respawning as you fight him. Try to focus on doing damage to him with air combo moves, then try using projectiles to kill the other enemies. Good luck though since the lock on is pretty awful and Jack might just hurl them at the boss instead.

Next level in the Cemetery is arguably easier on this setting than on prior difficulties since they rearrange where you fight Demongo. The end stage boss fight also has some enemies to fight, but if you have either some stored up Kiai or Reaper projectiles, you can kill her effectively.

Aku city is a little tougher than previous stages. Some fights to look out for:

·       First fight with the Imakandi in the sewers. This time they send multiple hunters at once instead of one at a time like on prior difficulties. Using Kiai moves from a club weapon are great at crowd control and the rushing guard is also effective. Once you defeat them, you should store up on Kiai in future fights because...

·       All out brawl with ten Shinobi soldiers in the streets of Aku City. Don't screw around with this. Use a Kiai move from the club, this will have Jack slam the ground and kill most of these things if he's using a club. Kill these bastards at once. The Shinobi are susceptible to rushing guard and the ground slam air combo but they are really annoying and can teleport away when hurt. Ten at once can absolutely ruin your day. You'll know this fight when you see it, keep at least one Kiai flame charge stored up for this fight, you absolutely need it.

·       Remaining fights with the Imakandi. They can be tough but rushing guard is good at getting around and then hurting them. Use projectiles if you don't have Kiai charges available.

·       Bounty hunters on wagon train. Square triangle triangle is your best friend for dealing with these two scumbags. Spam it as much as possible. Save Kiai charges for your club for the fight with both of them at once at the very end.

Ruined City level is brutal. There are several gauntlets of some of the toughest enemies in the game and tons of annoying little buggers with rocket launchers constantly staggering you. Fights to look out for:

·       First fight against a giant marble Golem that Scaramouche summons. This. Fight. Sucks. There are enemies shooting you, the Golem hits hard and takes a harder beating and there's little room to navigate. Explosive arrows are your best friend here, you're going to need a lot of projectiles for this stage.

·       All out brawl with enemies in the coliseum area before the final boss. Hooooooooo boy. This fight could very likely drain all of your items. Demongo shows up, then you have another wave of enemies and then once you destroy all the statues to open the door to the final fight in the stage, you get halted by another Golem and a bunch of Shinobi AND rocket launchers! Spam Kiai, explosive arrows, everything you have. Treat this like it's the worst fight in the game, as it potentially is. Rushing guard can be good at zig zagging between enemies as well.

·       Final fight with Scaramouche. Immediately use all Kiai you have so you can avoid him stealing it from you. Spam the rushing guard to kill enemy reinforcements and deal damage to him. Use guardian potion to take more damage, perform the ground slam combo, throw projectile weapons. Use everything you have against this Spongebob sounding toaster and kiss this stage goodbye.

You need projectile weapons for the Snowy Forest stage. No way around it, if you want a surefire way to finish the stage and defeat the Daughters of Aku, you need to hit them from a distance. One particular weapon that is useful is the Reaper. This is an explosive sickle weapon you get from either the store or disarming the beetle drones. This is useful because it hits its target for solid damage, it sticks to them, then explodes. This should exclusively be reserved for the fight with the daughters. It can damage multiple numbers of them at once due to splash damage. Use rushing guard and kicks to close the gap between them.

As for the boss fight at the end in the forest the strategy is as follows. The daughters get more aggressive when you kill one of their sisters. Because of this, you should try to get all of them down to low health before killing any of them. Jump around like Mario and spam explosive weapons at them to damage multiple sisters at once. When one is down to low health, try to avoid hurting her more. Once they all lose their masks and have little health, pick them off one by one. Also avoid Ashi who will be throwing a hook at you if you get close to her hill.

Prison Ship: You need the Polearm or Josephine's Parasol, they're the most effective spears in the game. Use this whenever you come across the blobby Lazarus enemies. They should be your priority so they don't multiply. Tough parts:

·       The fights with Lazarus spawn and Shinobi warriors right before the final showdown with Lazarus 92. Use the spear to kill the spawn, once you get hit by the Shinobi, jump around and spam explosives. It's a cramped environment so you need to keep enemies away from you.

·       The last battle with Lazarus 92. Use the X-49 on this second fight and then attack him while he's stunned. The arc Jack throws this thing is weird though, you can throw it at the creature, but it passes his model and if it doesn't land on the ground he's standing over it won't affect him. Throw it while you're at around mid range from him in the room. Once he's electrified, spam square triangle triangle on him over and over. Eventually he'll negate damage, wait till he's done roaring and when his character model returns to a neutral state, try to throw another X weapon at him. Rinse repeat.

·       The fight with corrupted Ashi. She now has Shinobi backing her up... yeah. This is one of the toughest boss fights in the game. If you're maxed out, you'll do solid damage thankfully, but the other enemies are going to be migraine inducing. Use rushing guard kicks to get the Shinobi off your back, try using projectiles on the other enemies shooting you. Use Kiai moves on Ashi and also explosive weapons. Focusing on her over the other enemies is generally good to speed this up, but if she becomes invulnerable briefly to enter a rage state, focus on other enemies to avoid being overwhelmed.

Aku’s Tower! If you use all the strategies you've mastered up till now, this stage won't be too bad. Remember you can revisit the shop that is halfway through the stage, just double jump or use jump good (L1+X) to jump up to the entrances you fell into on lower levels of the tower. You seriously want to make sure you go into the Aku fight with as much as possible.

As for the Aku fight... it's arguably easier than it was on prior difficulties simply because there's no stupid Shinobi warriors backing him up. This means no enemies to kill to potentially get health or Kiai from though, hence why you need a lot of items. The strategy largely remains the same as it was on prior modes. Now though, you're maxed out (ideally) and have a ton of projectile weapons stocked up. Use projectile weapons when you can't reach him through the flames. With enough pressure, you'll come out on top. You've now finally finished the game for the last time and are one huge step closer to getting the platinum!

Thank you!

20 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Thank you.

Is there some kind of new game plus in the game?

Thank you!

all skills, weapon upgrades and everything else carry on for other difficulties.

There is no need for a guide or method for master of masters difficulty as long as Jack is fully upgraded and learned all skills.

Took me 4.5 hours to complete master of masters.

The only reason this game is not 10-12 hours platinum is the low amount of resources, so there is a lot of grind.