Be careful of the guide you use

starcrunch061

Late to the party on this game (and I wish I had never arrived at all), but I was using the following guide for the platinum:

https://***/trophy-guides/ps4-guides/kotodama-trophy-guide/

The trophies do not unlock the way the guide says. I'm going to finish the playthroughs as they're described here to see if (maybe) the trophies will unlock eventually (I think they might), but the issue seems to be getting the true ending first. For me, when I did, a lot of tips entries didn't unlock, a word that I know I heard didn't unlock, and hard puzzle mode for one of the characters didn't unlock. 

I think this shitty game expects that you will get the normal ending before the true ending, though I can't confirm that. If you DO have the normal ending, this adds a lot of new text to the game, and of course unlocks the final words necessary for the plat. I think it might also unlock the tips.

In any case, beware.

This is why I try to pull up guides from other sources apart from PSNProfiles.

PST.org I generally use as an alternative or if there is only a guide on that website. Although you specifically stated in the past that you did not like the way PST.org handled its guide members and the way they issued out trophy guides. I've had no issues but then again I wasn't there during the early days of trophy hunting so I can't really say I've seen what you described. I just know you have an account on their forums because I've seen your name.

PowerPyx is a decent guy but he only does mainstream AAA games at this point. Same with Brian (PS5Trophies), but I generally try to find some guys on YouTube who make trophy walkthroughs. I'm a lot better at video guides than text guides.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

To be fair, it's my fault. Most people on psnp recommend this guide:

http://ps3imports.org/forum/index.php?/topic/11401-kotodama-the-7-mysteries-of-fujisawa-trophy-guide/

It probably works well; I avoided it because it takes more playthroughs. I shouldn't have.

This guide worked perfectly. 

Generally, I look at feedback on guides, such as comments, likes, criticism, to check a guide's reliability. This is regardless of the source, as different sites have various or overlapping authors and games differ in their need for detailed guides.

• Like 3

Just now, blu3st4rdust305 said:

This guide worked perfectly. 

Generally, I look at feedback on guides, such as comments, likes, criticism, to check a guide's reliability. This is regardless of the source, as different sites have various or overlapping authors and games differ in their need for detailed guides.

Well, like I said, I'm committed now. If the guide I'm using ultimately works, then I'll post it here with some corrections. If not, I'll curse the day I ever picked up Kotodama.

Actually, I already curse that day.

• Like 1

Just now, fluffy-rabbid said:

Sucks your having such a rough time with the game 2639.png

Hope it works out for you. If not maybe a restart with a different guide. 

I don't think I'll need to restart (God - I hope not). I really just think that someone platted game, wrote a guide he felt was efficient, but didn't check the unlocks. I mean, there's no reason that the tips that haven't unlocked for me didn't unlock, except that they didn't. But I've never heard of any glitch in this regards, so I think it's because of what I said before.

In any case, we'll know in a couple of days! Thanks for the well-wishes, one way or another.

• Like 1

Well its more if your missing at the end you can always re run that one, re running routes/ play throughs can help if you get to the end and your still missing something, can be annoying I know. But just if you get to the end and your still missing. Might be able to figure out which routes/plays from the tip numbers. But see how your fair. Hope you do not need to re run either!

Edited by fluffy-rabbid
  • Like 1

Just now, UltraFire121 said:

Captain Crunch I agree. PS3imports are very reliable on VN's guides. Do you remember DarklordSHTR who is a terrible trophy video guide helper who fuck it up? He's misdirected on alot of things.

The sad thing is, I liked the guy who claimed to have written this guide. But he went off that I should have messaged him first, even though I saw (and continue to see) no info that would have ever tied that guide to him.

But whatever. This game has gotten FAR too much attention from me. It’s done, and PQube is now on the watch list. I truly feel for people who spent $30 on this.

I thought this game was a nice idea but it's less than the sum of its parts. I got this at a discount when it first came out but after struggling through the Platinum (thanks in no small part to the many awful Guides that are out there for it) Kotodama ranks as a disappointment and a distinct low point for PQube. The fact you have to do several full playthroughs to unlock every single word, is a major black mark against this game because it barely holds up to a single playthrough - let alone 3. If Chapter Select had been included in the same way that the superior Punchline did it, then I would be more forgiving of this title but as it is, I can only give it a 5 or 6/10 :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

On 25/08/2020 at 7:45 AM, starcrunch061 said:

So, anyway, I got chewed out on psn for “not following the guide correctly”. Whatever. I guess it might be true. Still got a block for the author.1f600.png

Anyway, good luck to anyone else who plays this horrid game.

I got a block from the owner on twitter cause I made a joke. They can't take a joke either ?

Edited by Nitro
  • Like 3