Trophies popped, then disappeared, then auto-popped. Help?

So, this is what happened. As a content creator in beggining I got a game Mask Of Mists which is going to be released on 02.September 2020. There is no embargo on game, so I can talk freely.

What exactly happened? I played the game on my main account as my elgato says - for 4hrs until I got the platinum. As trophies are still not out, I could not sync them.

Then the other day I went to create a video where you can beat the game with my walkthrough in 1:45hr. What I did - I didnt use my alt accounts because I saw that my real name appears there when trophy pops, so I logged as guest and played whole game as a guest and earned all trophies until platinum. Down bellow will be video as a proof. I even say at the end that if anyone is wondering why I am playing as a guest, that is because I have earned my trophies on my main account.

So I got the platinum and I continued creating the video.

Next day I logged to my main account and wanted to check the name of trophies so I can add them to my video. Then I saw that my trophy lists says 0% and 0 trophies earned.

I opened the game and trophies started to pop out of order without even playing. Even worse, 4 of them didnt pop, which means I still have to replay the game from the beggining, but it is late because my stamps are out of order.

I want to know - can I be flagged for this? No harm is yet done and I want it never to have my account flagged. Trophies are still not out . I just need to know - will these trophies be accepted or I need to hide the game because I have never had to done that?

What is even worse, I dont even know what happened and why my legit earned trophies dissappeared and how is that possible? Can someone please explain me what happened and what can I do.

I also found this article here -

Reloading from a previous save slot - [Note: Do not confuse the term “save slot” with an “external save file” which is flaggable.] See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe-mAn1kYo8 for a better understanding of “save slots.” Reloading from a previous in-game save point, to replay from an earlier section is allowed. Creating “artificial save slots” by use of PS+ Cloud backups or USB sticks is also allowed. Reloading from save slots is often done for “missable” or "choice" trophies.

Does this goes the same for me? Because only possible solution to this that my save files initiated the trophy pops.

I am kindly asking from your help because I want to be and stay a decent member of this community

Edited by DaivRules

Reloading from a previous save game is allowed. However, using save games to pop trophies, doesn't matter if intentional or not, in impossible ways (i.e. impossible timestamps) isn't. However, because the game isn't out yet, probably only a few to no one can really answer this, so the CRT is your best bet.

For the next time: Your real name is only displayed during trophy pops if there are more than one users logged in. Make sure to always log out when changing accounts.

4 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

Reloading from a previous save game is allowed. However, using save games to pop trophies, doesn't matter if intentional or not, in impossible ways (i.e. impossible timestamps) isn't. However, because the game isn't out yet, probably only a few to no one can really answer this, so the CRT is your best bet.

For the next time: Your real name is only displayed during trophy pops if there are more than one users logged in. Make sure to always log out when changing accounts.

Thank You for Your answer, but I am sorry - CRT is?

Edited by OverHypedG

I've had some weird behaviour where I earn a trophy on PS4 while playing online and it syncs directly to PSN but doesn't appear in my local trophy list on PS4 (if I check later with network disconnected for example). I've been speculating the trophy unlock just kind of skips the local PS4 trophy listing and directly syncs it to PSN if you're playing online. Haven't really experimented it with enough to know exactly how it works.

Now, if that's the case, you could possibly run into some issues if you played a game that doesn't have its trophy list uploaded on the server yet. Basically the trophy unlocks would directly upload to PSN, but since there's no list there, nothing would be saved. Then you'd actually be in a situation where you think you have unlocked every trophy but none of them are saved on your local profile on the PS4. Load a save then later on and you'll have all the trophies autopop based on the progress in the save.

Now, this is purely speculation but there's at least a chain of events that would explain what happened there. If I were you, I would just nuke that local trophy list off the PS4 before syncing it online.

Edited by IDiivil
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

I've had some weird behaviour where I earn a trophy on PS4 while playing online and it syncs directly to PSN but doesn't appear in my local trophy list on PS4 (if I check later with network disconnected for example). I've been speculating the trophy unlock just kind of skips the local PS4 trophy listing and directly syncs it to PSN if you're playing online. Haven't really experimented it with enough to know exactly how it works.

Now, if that's the case, you could possibly run into some issues if you played a game that doesn't have its trophy list uploaded on the server yet. Basically the trophy unlocks would directly upload to PSN, but since there's no list there, nothing would be saved. Then you'd actually be in a situation where you think you have unlocked every trophy but none of them are saved on your local profile on the PS4. Load a save then later on and you'll have all the trophies autopop based on the progress in the save.

Now, this is purely speculation but there's at least a chain of events that would explain what happened there. If I were you, I would just nuke that local trophy list off the PS4 before syncing it online.

You mean I can somehow delete progress made and trophies earned and earn it through normal gameplay since there is still no trophy list?

2 minutes ago, OverHypedG said:

You mean I can somehow delete progress made and trophies earned and earn it through normal gameplay since there is still no trophy list?

If the trophies aren't synced on PSN yet, then they exist only on that local user on the PS4. It is possible to wipe that data by deleting the user off the PS4, which will wipe all trophy data stored locally, all save data and trophy screenshots.

14 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

If the trophies aren't synced on PSN yet, then they exist only on that local user on the PS4. It is possible to wipe that data by deleting the user off the PS4, which will wipe all trophy data stored locally, all save data and trophy screenshots.

Deleting your User account won't delete your saves. I know this for a fact, because I did it myself a month or two back and all of my saves were still intact after recreating my account :).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Deleting your User account won't delete your saves. I know this for a fact, because I did it myself a month or two back and all of my saves were still intact after recreating my account :).

Are you sure you didn’t just get restored cloud saves or something like that? The official Sony site says that deleting a local user account deletes save files associated with that account: https://support.playstation.com/s/article/User-Profiles-on-PS4?language=en_US

29 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Are you sure you didn’t just get restored cloud saves or something like that? The official Sony site says that deleting a local user account deletes save files associated with that account: https://support.playstation.com/s/article/User-Profiles-on-PS4?language=en_US

It was 2 months ago when I recreated my account so my memory is a little hazy but I'm pretty sure all the games and saves were still there after completing the process ?. If I'm wrong about this then I apologise.

EDIT: The more I search my memory, the less certain I am about this so take what I said, with a grain of salt.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Tagging the Cheater Removers to give you an answer:

@grimydawg___ @B1rvine @MMDE @Squirlruler

Problem is now solved. I went to my cloud - deleted all saves related to game. 

Deleted all saves related in system storage

Now again I have 0/16 trophies.

I think I need to contact developer, it is problem from their side as it seems.

And HUGE thank you everybody for your help!

Edited by OverHypedG
  • Like 2