Any Dunwall Trials Tips?

I'm a massive Dishonored fan and I can chain stuff together extremely well in Dis2, but the first game is a bit clunkier. Not a surprise, they're using a different engine that isn't purpose built, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips in general? For any of them. Just on how to be more efficient I guess. For Dishonored 2 I just did a ghost run for the trophies yesterday and completed the game in 3 hours. Dishonored 1 I take my time a hell of a lot more even though I know the map better than Dishonored 2.

The trials are what are severely screwing me though. The train run especially. Combat I can get better on but the goddamn sprinting against a train is driving me utterly mental and I need to platinum this game.

Sorry for the derp. Just figured I'd ask. Sorry y'all.

• Like 1

Persistence and practice. Eventually you will get better and better and beat it.
I know that for one of the challenges I think its called Bonfires Expert if you keep trying over and over again (around 1-2h worth or restarting) the enemies will glitch and just not spawn at all, thus making it a bit easier. I read this on forum and it happened to me after many many tries.

Now for the train level, you will just need to practice a lot.

Don’t forget to pray to RNJesus. You need a lot of luck for Daredevil & By My Hand Alone. Luckily I got DD quick but BMHA took me such a long time. It still gives me nightmares when I think about it.

All other trophies are skill based though. So with some practice you will get them.

• Like 1

Just now, Spaz said:

@BB-BakkerJ You wrote a story on those trophies. 

I’ve seen a lot of people give up on the 100 percent because of those luck based trophies.

I’ve written many times about By My Hand Alone in the forums because it’s so luck based. It’s still the trophy that relies on RNG the most out of my 12.457 trophies at the moment. Took a break of a year going for it because I couldn’t take it anymore. It’s just ridiculous.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2020 at 7:18 PM, BB-BakkerJ said:

I’ve written many times about By My Hand Alone in the forums because it’s so luck based. It’s still the trophy that relies on RNG the most out of my 12.457 trophies at the moment. Took a break of a year going for it because I couldn’t take it anymore. It’s just ridiculous.

Huh. I didn't know there were any luck based ones. Can I ask why BMHA is so bad? I'm genuinely curious. I love the world and story of Dishonored. The powers are badass as fuck but I've never felt the need to prove myself in those trials. Getting platinum in the game is good enough in my opinion. Especially given the relative difficulty of Ghost. That being said I pride myself on not using a tutorial for that. I've just been playing Dis for years and know the map inside and out. God I hate myself.

11 hours ago, BloodyBruddy said:

Huh. I didn't know there were any luck based ones. Can I ask why BMHA is so bad? I'm genuinely curious. I love the world and story of Dishonored. The powers are badass as fuck but I've never felt the need to prove myself in those trials. Getting platinum in the game is good enough in my opinion. Especially given the relative difficulty of Ghost. That being said I pride myself on not using a tutorial for that. I've just been playing Dis for years and know the map inside and out. God I hate myself.

For the trophy you need to beat, I think it was called Back Alley Brawl, killing all enemies by yourself. But the game spawns opposing factions, so they kill each other. That can happen so fast it’s out of your control. Even with Bend Time, which you get later on, you’re at the mercy of the AI not killing each other. It’s all about luck basically.

Read this:

Legend says he’s still trying...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

For the trophy you need to beat, I think it was called Back Alley Brawl, killing all enemies by yourself. But the game spawns opposing factions, so they kill each other. That can happen so fast it’s out of your control. Even with Bend Time, which you get later on, you’re at the mercy of the AI not killing each other. It’s all about luck basically.

Read this:

Legend says he’s still trying...

Oh great. Because I didn't have enough to trigger my PTSD. I'm going to put my head through a wall on this aren't I...

Honestly I was shocked that I got the no powers kill trophy for the mystery foe one. I loaded up the DLC planning to just kill the first person I saw over and over until I got the trophy. The first dude I killed was my target. After that I kinda gave up and went over to Dis2.

Also quick question. What would you personally think if you saw someone with an outsider mark tattoo on their hand? I'm planning one but COVID kinda screwed the plans. Whatever you say won't make a difference, I'm still getting it, just want genuine thoughts. Hurtful or not I don't care. I've been through so much that internet comments don't really mess with me.

Also this is super dumb but if anyone wants to add me on PSN who is 18+, and who chat in parties occasionally at the least, go for it. I don't have a bunch of friends, I'm kinda lonely and all this pandemic crap doesn't help. Also mentioning here because Dishonored and like.... I love the entire series so much. It builds such a detailed world, just like Mass Effect, that I can't get enough. Anyway sorry. Derp. If you do add me, just mention the site in the add if you don't mind. If you don't I'll probably add anyway but my brain is permanently fried.

• 1 year later...

Dunwall City Trials sucks! The worst DLC ever, haha. God, I hate it.

1 hour ago, markyoung99 said:

Question for anyone who has completed daredevil trophy, can you do the same tricky jump more than once in a run or does it have to be the 6 individual jumps? 

thanks 

You need to do each of the 6 individual jumps :( It's largely luck-based, as sometimes a jump will "spawn" far away, and time will be an issue. I finally got the trophy a few years ago, but the journey to get there sucked.

Edited by Maahniac
  • Like 2

They’re fun, but can be quite tricky, and a few of them (in particular the ones mentioned above) ask a level of precision and reaction times that are never asked for anywhere else in the series.

Rest assured though - if you can master these, you know you can handle anything else the series has to offer - and perseverance is definitely the key to them! 

• Like 1

I just did these on both PC and PS4 very recently.  As @DrBloodmoney said they can be very tricky, but I feel the level of difficultly is a smidge overblown.  Patience is the key.  As others have said, "Daredevil" and "By My Hand Alone" are very luck based, but after a couple of hours each (which sounds pretty daunting) you should have those done, it's only a matter of time before the RNG lines up.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

I just did these on both PC and PS4 very recently.  As @DrBloodmoney said they can be very tricky, but I feel the level of difficultly is a smidge overblown.  Patience is the key.  As others have said, "Daredevil" and "By My Hand Alone" are very luck based, but after a couple of hours each (which sounds pretty daunting) you should have those done, it's only a matter of time before the RNG lines up.

Cheers for the advice ?

• Like 1

I did this recently, both Daredevil and By My Hand Alone are rather difficult. I found a few tips on other forums for these and also some personal tips:

- For Daredevil, switch up the control scheme on your console. Go to Settings - Accessibility - Button Assignments - Custom and change Jump (X) for R2. This will allow you to keep your thumb on the right analog stick at all times which helped immensely with movement in mid air.

- In the trophy guide with the video provided, the purple coloured jump 5/6 in the image, she only uses one Blink, I could never get this down. Instead I jumped from the platform, immediately Blinked forward, aimed downwards and just had enough time to Blink again. 

- For My Hand Alone, I used the Whale Oil Tank method, I placed 7-8 tanks in the Tallboy locations to make sure they died. In this forum, a few posts down has a good description for the harder waves: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/203953-by-my-hands/ 

Good luck, you'll need it! 

Edited by Kamurotetsu
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

You’ve got this!

Cheers buddy??I just  got it there just now, now on to by hands alone ?

11 minutes ago, Kamurotetsu said:

I did this recently, both Daredevil and By My Hand Alone are rather difficult. I found a few tips on other forums for these and also some personal tips:

- For Daredevil, switch up the control scheme on your console. Go to Settings - Accessibility - Button Assignments - Custom and change Jump (X) for R2. This will allow you to keep your thumb on the right analog stick at all times which helped immensely with movement in mid air.

- In the trophy guide with the video provided, the purple coloured jump 5/6 in the image, she only uses one Blink, I could never get this down. Instead I jumped from the platform, immediately Blinked forward, aimed downwards and just had enough time to Blink again. 

- For My Hand Alone, I used the Whale Oil Tank method, I placed 7-8 tanks in the Tallboy locations to make sure they died. In this forum, a few posts down has a good description for the harder waves: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/203953-by-my-hands/ 

Good luck, you'll need it! 

Cheers for the advice on the whale tanks I only just read about that the other day will definitely be trying that method 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 5:42 AM, Helyx said:

Real talk, the only advice I can give you is just to give up. That entire DLC is bullshit & isn't worth the hassle.

THANKS FOR THAT! After "Platinumed" dishonored 2 and finished Dishonored 1 Daud's Dlcs, I might gonna try this dlc just for the experience. Getting the easy trophies is my target then give up the rest ( If I can't do it anymore). I'm already happy with the platinum. 

• 3 months later...

Finally just 30 minutes ago I got the last trophy (void star) of this painfull DLC and now I can relax and play the two other DLCs that seem nice and cool, are they?

For the 100% it took me about one week/10 days worth of trying an re-trying but I did it! This 100% at the end felt good, if you stick with it you will get it! The most tedious trophy for me was By My Hand Alone which took me three days (3 hours each day) to get it...for the round 12 is usefull to jump on top of the roof on the right side of the oil tank and stop the time and killing the first tall boy! As a techique I also used once a round from round seven the Time Stop to clean up fast exept for the 8th round which there are always people in the same faction. (Once I died on the last tall boy (also last enemy) at round 12 because after drop assasination the oil tanks dropped on me).

For the bonfires trophy is pure luck based because they spawn randomly and you have to hope that a lot of them spawn near each other. Also if you have struggle on the Expert mode, well, that can be glitched, if you restart a lot of times the assassins will desappear somehow.

I am satisfied about this 100% !

?

Is also Dishonored 2 a worthy game?

Edited by xHydragon
  • Like 2