Jaseland

Any Dunwall Trials Tips?

24 posts in this topic

I'm a massive Dishonored fan and I can chain stuff together extremely well in Dis2, but the first game is a bit clunkier. Not a surprise, they're using a different engine that isn't purpose built, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips in general? For any of them. Just on how to be more efficient I guess. For Dishonored 2 I just did a ghost run for the trophies yesterday and completed the game in 3 hours. Dishonored 1 I take my time a hell of a lot more even though I know the map better than Dishonored 2.

 

The trials are what are severely screwing me though. The train run especially. Combat I can get better on but the goddamn sprinting against a train is driving me utterly mental and I need to platinum this game.

 

Sorry for the derp. Just figured I'd ask. Sorry y'all.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Persistence and practice. Eventually you will get better and better and beat it.
I know that for one of the challenges I think its called Bonfires Expert if you keep trying over and over again (around 1-2h worth or restarting) the enemies will glitch and just not spawn at all, thus making it a bit easier. I read this on forum and it happened to me after many many tries.

Now for the train level, you will just need to practice a lot.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a lot of guides on YouTube, explaining different methods for the train run. 

As for me, no one worked and I had to give up. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with this.

54 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Real talk, the only advice I can give you is just to give up. That entire DLC is bullshit & isn't worth the hassle.

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t forget to pray to RNJesus. You need a lot of luck for Daredevil & By My Hand Alone. Luckily I got DD quick but BMHA took me such a long time. It still gives me nightmares when I think about it.

 

All other trophies are skill based though. So with some practice you will get them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BB-BakkerJ You wrote a story on those trophies. 
 

I’ve seen a lot of people give up on the 100 percent because of those luck based trophies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spaz said:

@BB-BakkerJ You wrote a story on those trophies. 
 

I’ve seen a lot of people give up on the 100 percent because of those luck based trophies.


I’ve written many times about By My Hand Alone in the forums because it’s so luck based. It’s still the trophy that relies on RNG the most out of my 12.457 trophies at the moment. Took a break of a year going for it because I couldn’t take it anymore. It’s just ridiculous.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the few games I probably won’t get the 100% on. Too much RNG involved combined with clunky controls makes DD and BMHA a nightmare. Maybe I’ll come back to this if I’m inspired after playing the 2nd game

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2020 at 7:18 PM, BB-BakkerJ said:


I’ve written many times about By My Hand Alone in the forums because it’s so luck based. It’s still the trophy that relies on RNG the most out of my 12.457 trophies at the moment. Took a break of a year going for it because I couldn’t take it anymore. It’s just ridiculous.

 

Huh. I didn't know there were any luck based ones. Can I ask why BMHA is so bad? I'm genuinely curious. I love the world and story of Dishonored. The powers are badass as fuck but I've never felt the need to prove myself in those trials. Getting platinum in the game is good enough in my opinion. Especially given the relative difficulty of Ghost. That being said I pride myself on not using a tutorial for that. I've just been playing Dis for years and know the map inside and out. God I hate myself.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BloodyBruddy said:

 

Huh. I didn't know there were any luck based ones. Can I ask why BMHA is so bad? I'm genuinely curious. I love the world and story of Dishonored. The powers are badass as fuck but I've never felt the need to prove myself in those trials. Getting platinum in the game is good enough in my opinion. Especially given the relative difficulty of Ghost. That being said I pride myself on not using a tutorial for that. I've just been playing Dis for years and know the map inside and out. God I hate myself.


For the trophy you need to beat, I think it was called Back Alley Brawl, killing all enemies by yourself. But the game spawns opposing factions, so they kill each other. That can happen so fast it’s out of your control. Even with Bend Time, which you get later on, you’re at the mercy of the AI not killing each other. It’s all about luck basically.

 

Read this:

 

Legend says he’s still trying...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:


For the trophy you need to beat, I think it was called Back Alley Brawl, killing all enemies by yourself. But the game spawns opposing factions, so they kill each other. That can happen so fast it’s out of your control. Even with Bend Time, which you get later on, you’re at the mercy of the AI not killing each other. It’s all about luck basically.

 

Read this:

 

Legend says he’s still trying...

 

Oh great. Because I didn't have enough to trigger my PTSD. I'm going to put my head through a wall on this aren't I...

 

Honestly I was shocked that I got the no powers kill trophy for the mystery foe one. I loaded up the DLC planning to just kill the first person I saw over and over until I got the trophy. The first dude I killed was my target. After that I kinda gave up and went over to Dis2.

 

Also quick question. What would you personally think if you saw someone with an outsider mark tattoo on their hand? I'm planning one but COVID kinda screwed the plans. Whatever you say won't make a difference, I'm still getting it, just want genuine thoughts. Hurtful or not I don't care. I've been through so much that internet comments don't really mess with me.

Also this is super dumb but if anyone wants to add me on PSN who is 18+, and who chat in parties occasionally at the least, go for it. I don't have a bunch of friends, I'm kinda lonely and all this pandemic crap doesn't help. Also mentioning here because Dishonored and like.... I love the entire series so much. It builds such a detailed world, just like Mass Effect, that I can't get enough. Anyway sorry. Derp. If you do add me, just mention the site in the add if you don't mind. If you don't I'll probably add anyway but my brain is permanently fried.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly the city trials are the definition of suffering. I remember banging my head against the wall when I was trying to do the DLCs, reminds me of doing Vanquish's challenges 

Edited by wackt1
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question for anyone who has completed daredevil trophy, can you do the same tricky jump more than once in a run or does it have to be the 6 individual jumps? 
 

thanks 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't bother. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Dunwall City Trials sucks! The worst DLC ever, haha. God, I hate it.
 

1 hour ago, markyoung99 said:

Question for anyone who has completed daredevil trophy, can you do the same tricky jump more than once in a run or does it have to be the 6 individual jumps? 
 

thanks 


You need to do each of the 6 individual jumps :( It's largely luck-based, as sometimes a jump will "spawn" far away, and time will be an issue. I finally got the trophy a few years ago, but the journey to get there sucked.

Edited by Maahniac
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They’re fun, but can be quite tricky, and a few of them (in particular the ones mentioned above) ask a level of precision and reaction times that are never asked for anywhere else in the series.
 

Rest assured though - if you can master these, you know you can handle anything else the series has to offer - and perseverance is definitely the key to them! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers folks I had a feeling I would have to do them all individually 

wish me luck lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just did these on both PC and PS4 very recently.  As @DrBloodmoney said they can be very tricky, but I feel the level of difficultly is a smidge overblown.  Patience is the key.  As others have said, "Daredevil" and "By My Hand Alone" are very luck based, but after a couple of hours each (which sounds pretty daunting) you should have those done, it's only a matter of time before the RNG lines up.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

I just did these on both PC and PS4 very recently.  As @DrBloodmoney said they can be very tricky, but I feel the level of difficultly is a smidge overblown.  Patience is the key.  As others have said, "Daredevil" and "By My Hand Alone" are very luck based, but after a couple of hours each (which sounds pretty daunting) you should have those done, it's only a matter of time before the RNG lines up.

Cheers for the advice 👌

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, markyoung99 said:

Cheers for the advice 1f44c.png


You’ve got this!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I did this recently, both Daredevil and By My Hand Alone are rather difficult. I found a few tips on other forums for these and also some personal tips:

 

- For Daredevil, switch up the control scheme on your console. Go to Settings - Accessibility - Button Assignments - Custom and change Jump (X) for R2. This will allow you to keep your thumb on the right analog stick at all times which helped immensely with movement in mid air.

- In the trophy guide with the video provided, the purple coloured jump 5/6 in the image, she only uses one Blink, I could never get this down. Instead I jumped from the platform, immediately Blinked forward, aimed downwards and just had enough time to Blink again. 

 

- For My Hand Alone, I used the Whale Oil Tank method, I placed 7-8 tanks in the Tallboy locations to make sure they died. In this forum, a few posts down has a good description for the harder waves: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/203953-by-my-hands/ 

 

Good luck, you'll need it! 

Edited by Kamurotetsu
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:


You’ve got this!

Cheers buddy👊🏻I just  got it there just now, now on to by hands alone 🤮

11 minutes ago, Kamurotetsu said:

I did this recently, both Daredevil and By My Hand Alone are rather difficult. I found a few tips on other forums for these and also some personal tips:

 

- For Daredevil, switch up the control scheme on your console. Go to Settings - Accessibility - Button Assignments - Custom and change Jump (X) for R2. This will allow you to keep your thumb on the right analog stick at all times which helped immensely with movement in mid air.

- In the trophy guide with the video provided, the purple coloured jump 5/6 in the image, she only uses one Blink, I could never get this down. Instead I jumped from the platform, immediately Blinked forward, aimed downwards and just had enough time to Blink again. 

 

- For My Hand Alone, I used the Whale Oil Tank method, I placed 7-8 tanks in the Tallboy locations to make sure they died. In this forum, a few posts down has a good description for the harder waves: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/203953-by-my-hands/ 

 

Good luck, you'll need it! 

Cheers for the advice on the whale tanks I only just read about that the other day will definitely be trying that method 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2020 at 5:42 AM, Helyx said:

Real talk, the only advice I can give you is just to give up. That entire DLC is bullshit & isn't worth the hassle.

 

 

THANKS FOR THAT! After "Platinumed" dishonored 2 and finished Dishonored 1 Daud's Dlcs, I might gonna try this dlc just for the experience. Getting the easy trophies is my target then give up the rest ( If I can't do it anymore). I'm already happy with the platinum. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.