Thoughts about the gameplay.

I've watched Captain Tsubasa cartoon when I was a kid and have been a football/soccer fan ever since. Haven't played this game myself but from the gameplay videos it looks mediocre to be honest. Specials are well animated and it probably has its good sides but the running animation looks ridiculous, even for an arcade title. The players seem to run "in place" or some sort of a limbo a little bit. Then the ball looks like it's connected to the player's "area/zone" and when you turn around it turns around with you. Looks veeery arcadey in a negative kind of way. The matches seem like a conquest of "who will use more supers" as it's probably very hard to score a goal with a normal shot. The Tsubasa series fans will be happy but the real football fans will probably be bored to bits after a while. There are some air duels, dribbles and passing specials but it's not a game changing thing. Haven't seen mouth animation on the pitch too. Just stating, not hating. The game looks "meh" to me unfortunately :/

just like you said its more of an arcade tsubasa fan based game

people who only play fifa/pes wont enjoy it..

but anime fans and people looking for this sort of game will enjoy it

its just like the anime you wont score from normal shots lol

• Like 1

I've just started playing this, but I have to say I'm more on board than a superglue enthusiast at a surfboarding contest.

Sports games, at their core, need to be fun and playable from the get go; without said appeal, the game is dead in the water. The game nails the basics and adds a whole bunch of stupid that anime is known for, to kick the game into higher gear.

Football games used to have a lot of gimmicks, games like Redcard (smash everything the football game) and addidas power soccer (where you could use you addidas predator shoes (sold seperately) to charge a kick so hard the poor goalie falls back into the goal netting you a point) and whilst some are ho-hum, this game has a different spin that I could recommend this to people who haven't been grabbed by sports games and those just looking for something different in a football game.

That said, I think after seeing it, you'd know if you want to play it, if a mate has this game, local play is an option, so give it a bash!

• 2 weeks later...
On 25.8.2020 at 3:45 PM, Hakoom said:

just like you said its more of an arcade tsubasa fan based game

people who only play fifa/pes wont enjoy it..

but anime fans and people looking for this sort of game will enjoy it

its just like the anime you wont score from normal shots lol

This game has Ruined my 100% Completion and this Kahbas will regret it and i know you guys Hate Hackers and i do so too but please Forgive me i will have to hack 1 Trophy cuz it Seems to be Glitched 

I had high hopes for this, but unfortunately it’s like a 5 out of 10 game so far (only played it for a little bit) 

maybe I’m doing it wrong, but it’s kind of a guess game and too shallow. I was expecting a regular football game, with supershots and anime aesthetics lol

hoping it grows on me 

• Like 1

The gameplay is really enjoyable, such a shame the story mode is fucking heavy... It slows down the game too much with dialogue and cutscenes even during matches, leaving you no room to enjoy the gameplay.

Tried some online but seems unbalanced to say the least, in my first match with my 1100 value team (which was cap-locked) i had to face a 1600 opponent team.

Basically a Japan school team (not the national japan team ) against top tier characters of the entire game. You can guess my rage.

Edited by greatfede
  • Like 1