"I sold too many copies of GTAV to parents who didn't give a damn"

Death

I've been playing violent video games for god knows how long, and hey, I turned out okay. The problems usually stem from something much deeper, if a person can't determine fiction from reality, they shouldn't even have the game to begin with. It's just bad parenting being blamed on something external because people want to avoid the real questions here like gun laws, and find something to use as a distraction.

I've been playing violent video games for god knows how long, and hey, I turned out okay. The problems usually stem from something much deeper, if a person can't determine fiction from reality, they shouldn't even have the game to begin with. It's just bad parenting being blamed on something external because people want to avoid the real questions here like gun laws, and find something to use as a distraction.

Oh the irony is delicious. Blaming violence on video games is the exact same thing as blaming guns. People don't want to get to the real issues in this country (mental health) and instead the two parties full of idiots we apparently elected just bash each other and their views endlessly while nothing ever progresses and we all suffer for it. 

Parker

I didn't actually mean it as in blaming guns, i'm actually a gun advocate, but people from those two parties try to put the heat on something else to avoid such confrontations.

Sorry, bad wording on my part.

Ah, I see. Yeah, it is a shame that our wonderful elected officials refuse to get to the actual root of a problem and instead try to force blame on something else to try and push an agenda. Even worse are the Republicans who blame everything on the Democrats and the Democrats who blame everything on the Republicans. It seems like everyone is so focused on their part denomination that they automatically refuse to listen to anything the other party has to say and we're left with the geniuses we have in office currently...

Parker

Well, in Australia, GTA V is rated R18+, so it is even worse that parents still do this. Unfortunately, you can't stop them from buying if they have a 7 year old with them. I have two young kids who I take shopping, and I go to the game store with them. I buy games for myself, not for them. Are you going to stop me from buying myself a copy of GTA V just because I have kids? I would never let them play it, but that's not for you to determine as a retailer.

The fact of the matter is, it is on parents to.... you know, be parents. People need to stop blaming others for their own parenting mistakes and take ownership of their own actions and children.