SlimSanta's Pursuit Of Music Game Perfection!

SlimSanta94

Holy crap you absolute legend. All trophies in Crypt of Necrodancer? Then Guitar Heroes and DJ Heroes? I salute you. 

I like rhythm games but I am nowhere near as good. Do you plan to do PSVR games like Beat Saber or Pistol Whip eventually?

I recently started toying around with dance mat and In The Groove and having great fun, but all I can in the term of trophies are simpler rhythm games like Hatsune Miku or Persona Dancing games.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Props for all music games and including Crypt. Not many can do that. Now you just need to do SSF4 and add a shmup like Ikaruga or Darius burst :)

Thank you man :) I've had my eye on SSF4 and Ikaruga for a while but i'm not sure if I could manage those xD

1 minute ago, Raveniteh said:

Holy crap you absolute legend. All trophies in Crypt of Necrodancer? Then Guitar Heroes and DJ Heroes? I salute you. 

I like rhythm games but I am nowhere near as good. Do you plan to do PSVR games like Beat Saber or Pistol Whip eventually?

I recently started toying around with dance mat and In The Groove and having great fun, but all I can in the term of trophies are simpler rhythm games like Hatsune Miku or Persona Dancing games.

Haha thank you xD Yes definitely! Thank you for reminding me of those, i'll add them to the list :)

Dance mats in general are very tough to use, props for even attempting it :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

Haha thank you xD Yes definitely! Thank you for reminding me of those, i'll add them to the list :)

Dance mats in general are very tough to use, props for even attempting it :)

I think PSVR is pretty flourishing with rhythm games so far. There's a nice variety if you know what you're looking for.

It is very tough. I have no idea where to put my feet, how to properly move with them, but it's all about practice and muscle memory so just have to keep trying.

Seeing you having Rocksmith, do you play guitar as well? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Turn in your purp badge and throw it on ya. 

We're done here

Noooo not like this!

4 minutes ago, Raveniteh said:

I think PSVR is pretty flourishing with rhythm games so far. There's a nice variety if you know what you're looking for.

It is very tough. I have no idea where to put my feet, how to properly move with them, but it's all about practice and muscle memory so just have to keep trying.

Seeing you having Rocksmith, do you play guitar as well? 

Definitely, I don't actually own a VR yet so once I get one that's definitely a whole new area I can get into :)

Yes I play guitar, bass and drums mainly :)

• Like 2

Just now, SlimSanta94 said:

Definitely, I don't actually own a VR yet so once I get one that's definitely a whole new area I can get into :)

I believe now it's amazing time to purchase PSVR, especially if it's going to be on Black Friday sale or so. Plethora great games already both small and large.

2 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

Yes I play guitar, bass and drums mainly :)

Sick, I tried to learn guitar but I never managed to keep at it to learn it properly and there's just such a small space between strings I have no idea how people do it, lol. And then I gave my electric guitar away to my friend who would actually use it.

On 8/25/2020 at 3:44 PM, Raveniteh said:

Sick, I tried to learn guitar but I never managed to keep at it to learn it properly and there's just such a small space between strings I have no idea how people do it, lol. And then I gave my electric guitar away to my friend who would actually use it.

I had that problem too to begin with, after a while your muscle memory will develop and it becomes a lot easier to get a feel for where the strings are positioned :)

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

Mad respect for Crypt of the Necrodancer. That must of been a real nightmare to finish.

Definitely will never touch that game. I'm downright terrible at rhythm games.

Thanks man! Absolutely, all characters low% is hands down the worst grind for a trophy i've ever done. It took my 5th run on at least my 8th character to get a clear. 

Don't blame you, i'll be going back to it from time to time to improve my personal best times / grind for world records.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

I had that problem too to begin with, after a while your muscle memory will develop and it becomes a lot easier to get a feel for where the strings are positioned :)

I totally get it. I have been itching to try it again, because I still think that guitar is pretty cool thing to know how to play. Maybe next year if I will be able to invest in another guitar (saving up for PS5 at this moment).

20 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

Don't blame you, i'll be going back to it from time to time to improve my personal best times / grind for world records.

It speaks volumes about the quality of the game if  it keeps you coming back to improve once you've earned all the trophies!

Good luck on your pursuit of music game perfection! It will be an interesting one to follow ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1L859e0e.png

DJ MAX Respect Platinum obtained! 

Really great game, very underrated. I highly recommend it to everyone that enjoys rhyhtm gaming :) The 100% for this game will likely be the last thing I work towards, since it is by far one of the hardest things on my list to achieve. Conga master is next :D 

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 3:28 PM, starcrunch061 said:

My man! That is a list to be proud of!

On 9/14/2020 at 6:28 AM, Spaz said:

I would be happy if I had 25 percent of the hard games @SlimSanta94 had finished on his account. I mean fuck, this guy is talented.

Just goes to show you @starcrunch061, there will always be someone better. Especially when it comes to gaming.

Thank you both :) I don't find myself to be very talented. I just play what I enjoy and do my best. There's several others that are way more talented than me. :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SlimSanta94 said:

Thank you both :) I don't find myself to be very talented. I just play what I enjoy and do my best. There's several others that are way more talented than me. :)

Yeah but most of those guys don’t trophy hunt. 

Think of people who play Street Fighter V competitively and speedrun Super Meat Boy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

I’m disappointed. I don’t see Band Hero anywhere, nor any Hatsune Miku.

The list you have is super impressive, though. I’ve dabbled in rhythm games myself, so I know the challenges. I’m still pissed about Metallica. 

Ive got band hero platinum, and hatsune miku was suggested to me on discord a few days ago, which I haven’t added yet.

• 2 weeks later...

NEW PLATINUM!

1L0a7419.png

Conga Master

Difficulty - 1/5

Enjoyment - 2/5

This is about as simple as it gets with this genre. This is related to music in the loosest way possible, it's only really included with this challenge because the story is music related. I can't say I had a good time with this game, it's a cool idea but I just feel like it's not fleshed out enough to be enjoyable. The game itself is incredibly easy and you could literally play it in your sleep. Unlocking characters is also very tedious, because you have to use a bonus game which is a randomiser wheel to unlock the characters. This doesn't sound bad in writing but the wheel itself is very inconsistent, you press X to stop the wheel and the arrow will never have the same amount of momentum as its stopping in any two attempts, which leads me to believe that you will only unlock characters when the game wants to give them to you. Overall, not a very pleasant experience and it's one i'm going to have to do again on PS Vita at some point, so that's something to look forward to. However this game only cost me £1 too, so I can't really complain about the quality.

Next up is Superbeat: Xonic!!