New The Batman trailer

IntroPhenom

18 minutes ago, Alderriz said:

I have mixed feelings. On one hand, I liked the trailer, and I like Robert as an actor. On the other hand, I'm tired of Batman and stories about him. I feel like I'd want to watch a Batman movie if it was completely defferent from all the previous iterations (maybe something like Batman Beyond). Although, I know I'm in the minority on this, and I know that Batman is always relevant.

Damn right a Batman Beyond would have been way more awesome, loved how different Terry McGinnis was compared to Bruce Wayne. Kinda tired myself of all the same brooding and reinventing of the caped crusader. 

Maybe DC heroes work best in cartoon version only? Idk how they can nail the seriousness yet slightly sarcastic tone of Batman there and only there. 

• Like 3

I liked the trailer quite a bit. The tone and look reminds me of Seven and The Crow which are two films I love very much. I've been a Batman fan since I was a kid and I'm curious to see what Bobby Patts will do with the role. Not a huge fan of his but I do like Matt Reeves as a director and he usually has an eye for talent. To be honest I'm actually more excited about Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton returning as the Dark Knight for the new Flash film 

Edited by Fearless0610
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Alderriz said:

On the other hand, I'm tired of Batman and stories about him.

This point comprised the majority if my reluctance about the film when first hearing about it.  Another Batman movie?  Already?  Come on...  I did not care for Ben Affleck's Batman at all, and disliked Batman vs. Superman so much I skipped Dawn of Justice, making it the only Batman movie I haven't seen in the theater.  

However, I also know not to prematurely write anything off.  And this one, perhaps being a bit familiar, may of course end up being pretty good, good, or even great.  We'll see.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This looks pretty dope. I have moderately high hopes for this movie. Pattinson have lots of talent and I think he can pull this off. The Batman movies is basically the only super hero kind movies I watch. Doubt it will be better than any of Nolan’s Batman movies though. 

I know this will most likely be an unpopular opinion, but after watching that trailer I have even less interest in this movie than before (which wasn't much to start with).  It didn't look bad (in fact, some parts looked pretty cool), but the overall feel wasn't right, to me.  Rob as Batman just didn't work, he's far too soft and looked like he was trying too hard.  And as Bruce, well, he just didn't hit the mark.  I like him as an actor.  There's a few films of his I've seen where he proved he is very talented.  But I don't think this is the role for him.  On top of that, having a completely unoriginal idea for the plot of the film and bringing back the same villains we've seen numerous times in both live action and animated Batman films and tv shows, as well as video games, while there's still plenty of other roads they could have taken that would have been much more interesting and original, didn't help.  I mean seriously, how many times can they re-hash the exact same themes before viewers finally say enough is enough?  Like I said, I'm sure most people will disagree and be super hyped after this trailer, but I'm just not one of them.

I think it could be one of the best comic book movies of all time, if not thee best. I’ve been waiting for this movie since 2018 and the more time passes, the more hyped I get. It’s got a great cast and we’ve seen what Reeves can do with his planet of the apes trilogy. Most importantly, finally a riddler that doesn’t look like he does kid’s birthday parties as a side-gig. The facts that it’s its own thing and not connected makes it seem like anything could happen. I can see why people aren’t excited though especially between comic book movie fatigue, Pattinson’s portrayal looks to be way different than expected and a turn off, etc but me?? I could talk about it all day. 

On 8/29/2020 at 5:58 PM, AJ_Radio said:

Batman: The Animated Series is still the best. Don’t care if it’s almost 30 years old. 

Batman Returns with Michael Keaton and Danny Devito is probably my favorite ‘nostalgic’ Batman. 

You are in luck if you didn’t know, there’s a new show on HBO MAX about a younger Batman in the style of TAS and Keaton is back in the flash movie in the glorious cowl. 

I don't know if I'm sold after seeing the new trailer. The cinematography looks beautiful but I'm not vibing with R-Pattz. Especially that bit where he thumps the glass and has an aneurysm while he's talking to Riddler. Like, what is he even trying to say?

"I've been trying to reach you."
"FAARKUNBLAURGHH"