Gift Machine glitched

Msmith008

Anyone else have trouble with the gift machine? 

I unlocked them all, but no trophy. The machine reads zero, and I can't unlock anything else. I restored a save which luckily wasn't too far away, but didn't make any difference. Deleting and reinstalling didn't help either. 

Unbisoft support was less than helpful, having me "clear my cache", reinitialize my ps4, and then they asked me to upload a video of myself trying to unlock an item from the empty machine and upload it to youtube (???). Eventually, they told me to delete my save and start over (nice), but even then, as soon as I log into the server, it restores my game!!! Finally they said that they were going to send my details to the dev team, but all I got was a two line response that they had made note. That was a couple of months ago, so I'm not optimistic. 

The only thing I can think of is that I had a physical copy, and switched to a digital copy. I'm trying to get a copy of the physical disc again, but that's all I can think of to try. 

Hopefully it's not permaglitched, because it's my platinum breaker. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. 

Cheers.

• 5 months later...

It was a bit of work. But I got a hold of a disc copy (my library had it), and I erased my digital copy. I disconnected from the net and started my save with version 1.00. That didn't change anything (I'm just mentioning it because it's what I did).

I went back online and updated the game from 1.00 to the current version. I then went offline again (in case the server updated my save), and started the game. It then said I had 39 items still in the gift machine (???). So I worked my way down from there and played Un Poco Loco way too many times, and the trophy actually popped with about 6 items left in the machine. 

I hope that helps. If you need anymore details on it, let me know. Good luck. Hope you get it. 

Edited by Msmith008
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 26/08/2020 at 11:52 AM, Msmith008 said:

Anyone else have trouble with the gift machine? 

I unlocked them all, but no trophy. The machine reads zero, and I can't unlock anything else. I restored a save which luckily wasn't too far away, but didn't make any difference. Deleting and reinstalling didn't help either. 

Unbisoft support was less than helpful, having me "clear my cache", reinitialize my ps4, and then they asked me to upload a video of myself trying to unlock an item from the empty machine and upload it to youtube (???). Eventually, they told me to delete my save and start over (nice), but even then, as soon as I log into the server, it restores my game!!! Finally they said that they were going to send my details to the dev team, but all I got was a two line response that they had made note. That was a couple of months ago, so I'm not optimistic. 

The only thing I can think of is that I had a physical copy, and switched to a digital copy. I'm trying to get a copy of the physical disc again, but that's all I can think of to try. 

Hopefully it's not permaglitched, because it's my platinum breaker. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. 

Cheers.

good to see you unlocked it in the end. Anyways, I'm going through the most boredom right now grinding mojo and have realised I only have 70 odd more turns in the gift machine but around 80 more unlockables to unlock, should I be worried? Might have to back up my save like you just in case

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello! Hoping against hope that you’re still online and active in this forum because I’ve scoured the Internet and yours is the only fix I’ve seen. Just want to ask the following questions.

1. Will this work on 2019? This trophy is my platinum breaker, I’ve bought all the gift machine rewards but my artworks tab (the backgrounds in frames) says 97/100. I’m assuming it’s because I played JD 2014.

2. If it will work, do you think I only need to grind 3 more gift machine rewards? (Because of 97/100).

3. Can I have a step by step directions of how to do it? I saw that you have digital and disc copies. I only have a disc copy. Do I delete my save (have yet to figure out how to delete a save and start from scratch in JD) then just play offline? Just making sure that’s why I’m asking for the complete step by step.

The only trophies I haven’t gotten are this and get superstar/megastar in all. Thank you so much! :)

Hey, 
It's been awhile, but I will try to see what I can remember. That is the only year I had this issue (2022 was patched finally) since then I have stayed on one PS4 and used the same version of the game (disc vs digital). 

1) I am not sure if it will work. My problem was that it glitched and it said I had everything when I didn't. If you got a reward from playing previous years, that may be different. The game sees you have everything, but the trophy count shows that you still need three. The same thing happened this year until they patched it (I was shocked). 

2) Hard to tell. From what I remember, I erased my save game and logged in, it said I had 39 rewards left. Figuring that that's better than starting all over offline, I tried doing that. It popped before I got to zero, so it was really messed up. 

3) Be sure to back up your save in case (that's a lot of work, but useless to this solution). It's in the settings. Then in the same settings, you can delete the save off the console. This might help...
PS4: How to manage storage space (US) (playstation.com)

Then you can go online, and the game will download your save from the UbiSoft server. Hopefully, it will read that you have some items left in the Gift Machine, and you're good to go. If not, close the game, delete your save again locally, and then play again offline only from scratch. That should work, but that really sucks and I hope you don't have to do that. This is all just guessing based on my experience though. I got zero support from Ubisoft, so I just played around with it until something worked.

Good luck! I hope you get it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I've been working on this and finally find out a way to unlock the trophies for all stickers and all gift machine items.

You'll need a game disc, and do it offline the whole time.

1. Delete game and any Just Dance savedatas

2. Start Just Dance from start completely offline, without updating the game off course

3. Go to profile setting, and input code 'happy10years' to unlock the song 'High Hopes' offline, so you don't need to go through the All Stars mode

4. Keep playing and get all 300 gift machine items and stickers that require you to play certain songs for 3 times.

• 9 months later...

Yeah... I started this after the servers closed for all stars mode. My attitude was, that I wanted to get as close to the plat as possible. The allure of those ultra rates got to me and I'm a big just dance fan. I already had a glitched trophy on my account on another game so 100% completion on my account is impossible.

But this kind of bums me out. The gift machine glitched for me as well and no trophy popped. I can only imagine how I would have felt if I had played this game prior to all stars mode closing.

Now I was willing to grind to level 100, get all the stickers and unlock everything even without the hope of a platinum at the end. But I'm not going to to this again just for one Goldy on a game that I will never have the platinum for anyway. In a way I'm glad that I got lazy and didn't play this until after all-stars mode finished. Otherwise I might have been tempted into this madness yet again.

Friends, don't obsess over completion percentage to the point where it prevents you from playing games you want to play. Yes you can use blank accounts. But in my case I want my account to reflect my interest and say that I've played just about every just dance game. 

I really wish they patched this tho.

• Like 1