Games that u always wanted to plat but couldn't

kratosgreatsword

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) - I had an opportunity to get all the online for this game back in 2013... if I actually cared about trophy hunting.

One trophy is unobtainable unless you get a modder/hacker to put a bounty on you. The problem is I don't really know how the CRT (Cheater Removal Team) handles this trophy since I imagine there are still people out there who get this.

Most of the base game online is basically playing the game for 30 - 50 hours or so until you get all the online done, including reaching rank 100. Grew bored of the game and put it on the shelf for a number of years. Bought the PS4 version of GTA V, purely for fun and I'm stuck with two stacks of the game that I'll probably NEVER finish either version.

Then there's the Heists in the PS3 version, and the PS4 version isn't any better with those horrible Doomsday Heist trophies, specifically those final two trophies that are under 1 percent rarity.

Yeah, not happening. Single player was fun here and there, and while I may go back for the single player at some point, it's unlikely I'll do the online, let alone do most of it.

Edited by Spaz

Tomb Raider & Red dead redemption - Multiplayer trophies. fuck multiplayer trophies. if you're going to include them at least do what the Mass Effect games do and include a single player alternative.

Super meat boy - i'm not good at platformers, i'm not good at games at all actually, but this was extremely hard to me, i couldn't get through the first few levels

Mad max - i love this game, was having a ton of fun, but my collectibles got glitched and i got pissed and didn't even bother finishing the game 

Destiny - again, multiplayer trophies. Not enough people play the first destiny nowadays, and i really don't like boosting with more than 1 person

• Like 2

There's a few I can think of on my profile that I really would love the plat on, but sadly it's never going to happen. In no particular order:

KILLZONE 2: I am a huge fan of the Killzone games and I really wanted the plat for all of them, but the multiplayer trophies in KZ2 meant that I was never going to get it on this one. I'm not really into boosting, so doing it legit wasn't really a very realistic option.

WIPEOUT 2048: Once again, because of the online campaign and my unwillingness to boost, I wasn't able to get the plat on this. It was the challenges where you had to win that were the main problem for me.

TITANFALL 2: Because I am apparently NOT the master.

FALL GUYS: I wanted to have the platinum on this BEFORE I saw the trophy list. Unfortunately, when I saw it I knew straight away it's now a plat I'll never have.

BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE: Damn that gold trophy requiring those 2 weapons in the multiplayer that take massive amounts of work to unlock!!

BATTLEFIELD V: And damn that stupid Death From Above trophy - I can't fly to save myself.

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2: Would love this one for my collection but I'm just not prepared to sink in hundreds of hours more to gold the missions, find all the animals, complete the challenges...

LITTLEBIGPLANET 2: This one MIGHT be doable yet, but the main issue is I can't ace Where In The World Is Avalon Cetrafuge.

Edited by A_Tennis_Giraffe

Super Bomberman R

The grind for the 1 million blocks trophy is just too much. I gave up after clearing about 25% of what was required.

Carnival Games

Maybe I just suck but I found some of the trophies to be too difficult.

Edited by yuber1234

Lost Planet 2: can't get an achievement due to someone hacked the leaderboarfs.

Test Drive Unlimited 2: server were unstable when i tried to play online, now they're gone

Fifa 12: got some online trophies, Weekly Online Challenge wasn't possible though, Server closed

Driveclub Bikes: i have only 3 of 4 online trophies because i saw the last one too late. Saddest case for me ?

Dirt Rally is too difficult for me. Couldn't win any rally vs AI. 3rd place best. Last place in other races like rallycross.

Quantum of Solace: ranked matches were impossible when i got the game, never started it.

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

Deus Ex: Human Revolution: I always considered this the "plat that got away". It was because of that damned Foxiest of the Hounds trophy (not raising a single alarm the entire playthrough). I restarted the game 4 times to make sure I was perfectly focused and doing everything right (I was also doing a stealth, no kills playthrough too). By the end of the game I was so sure I did everything right, feeling proud of myself...knowing that 4 trophies should have popped back to back. When all was said and done...only 3 popped, Foxiest of the Hounds was nowhere to be found. 

Needless to say, I was pretty heartbroken at this. I never had it in me to try it again. And it's the reason Mankind Divided has been sitting on my shelf since 2016...haven't psyched myself up yet.

The Witcher 3 is another. I put over 80 hours into it and enjoyed it for the most part. But, unlike most people, I really really hate Gwent...and you have to play so much of it for the Platinum. So I got to a point where I had to play a lot of Gwent as I let it build up, but I couldn't continue the story because I needed specific Gwent cards otherwise NPC's would disappear of I continued. So I decided to take a short break...that was 5 years ago and I never went back. Another reason I haven't done back is because I was playing on Death March difficulty and I would be completely rusty and would remember next to nothing. 

• Like 1

I wish I had got any FIFA platinum on the PS3, got it for FIFA 15, 16, 17 on PS4, but was never into trophies before then, and servers are closed now for all PS3 ones.

Serious Sam 3 is another one, just got one trophy left, (hardest in the game) but was so tired of it that I needed a break lol. Will get round to it some day.

Edited by groomyboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution: I always considered this the "plat that got away". It was because of that damned Foxiest of the Hounds trophy (not raising a single alarm the entire playthrough). I restarted the game 4 times to make sure I was perfectly focused and doing everything right (I was also doing a stealth, no kills playthrough too). By the end of the game I was so sure I did everything right, feeling proud of myself...knowing that 4 trophies should have popped back to back. When all was said and done...only 3 popped, Foxiest of the Hounds was nowhere to be found. 

Needless to say, I was pretty heartbroken at this. I never had it in me to try it again. And it's the reason Mankind Divided has been sitting on my shelf since 2016...haven't psyched myself up yet.

The Witcher 3 is another. I put over 80 hours into it and enjoyed it for the most part. But, unlike most people, I really really hate Gwent...and you have to play so much of it for the Platinum. So I got to a point where I had to play a lot of Gwent as I let it build up, but I couldn't continue the story because I needed specific Gwent cards otherwise NPC's would disappear of I continued. So I decided to take a short break...that was 5 years ago and I never went back. Another reason I haven't done back is because I was playing on Death March difficulty and I would be completely rusty and would remember next to nothing. 

I have to agree with you 100% on the foxiest of the hounds trophy. I checked repeatedly that no alarms were triggered, did not save farida so that i dont mess up and despite all of this it didn’t pop up?.