Trophy Thoughts.

well...thats a disapointment if i knew the trophy list was so short and it didnt have a platinum i wouldnt of pre ordered this game plus ive heard the multiplayer is messed up witch is another bummer since i was planning on playing this with my gf...so i guess this might get in the backlog sooner than later

• Like 1

Not only the trophies are a huge disappointment, i could live with that. 

But what is much more worse is how the multiplayer part is working: 

==> This game is a disappointment through and through.

But: Why wonder? "Chrystal Chronicles" series was just some kind of "Playground" for SE to test out things which they did not want to feature in the "Final Fantasy" main titles. Also the "Chrystal Chronicles" series of games had only one task to complete: Make Nintendo fans happy. 

Edited by Geridian

14 hours ago, punkshepherd said:

*keeps the faith for FF6 port w/trophies*

*I keep faith for 1 through 6, and tactics*

Square seems to enjoy giving us ports, as mobile is flooded with them and FF9 was essentially the same one. Their massive library of games, especially older rpgs is a damn gold mine...so they can completely botch something like this and then release ff1 and 2 ports and the world balance would be restored

23 hours ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

To the end of the line this goes for my backlog

Like others have said it's stupid how on a weekly basis you have a few games where you can earn the plat in thirty minutes or less (and stack them too) but a SE game has a lazy list

Every other FF game (except for Dissidia free version) had plats so not sure why this doesn't 

SE knows (as most devs/publishers do) that a plat can make or break a game

Look at the recent release of Rode Bustle for example

It looks like a crappy flash game but probably sold very well because it has a ten minute plat

I could understand if this was last-gen as plats weren't nearly as common as they are now but 95% of PS4 games have them

You are drastically overselling the importance of a platinum trophy in a game with Final Fantasy in the title.

Platinum trophies don't break a game. They might generate more sales for an unknown, smaller title, but this game will be fine.

EDIT: I'll add that it is disappointing there isn't more to this list. At the end of the day, I still want to play and 100% it.

Edited by Kotetsu42x
Adding opinion on list

On 26-8-2020 at 5:30 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

I can't recall the last time a retail game launched without a platinum, what a terrible decision. I'll definitely pass on this for now.

Hitman 1 and 2 don't have platinum trophies. But they do have about 100 trophies each...

Crystal Chronicles was the first in the seemingly never-ending streak of Square producing bland, boring crap that would ultimately destroy the once venerated Final Fantasy name... so it's  only fitting that the trophy list should follow suit.

Enjoy, folks.

On 8/26/2020 at 11:49 AM, BB-BakkerJ said:

Hello there 1f44b-1f3fb.png.

I don’t care about the trophies. I’m still hyped to play this game. One of the few FF games I never played before. But a bit too expensive, so I’ll wait for a sale.

$30 at launch is expensive? I remember paying more for it on gamecube at launch lol

On 26/08/2020 at 2:32 PM, Hinsusta said:

Around 60-80hrs to 100% the game. 

Maybe more if you don't get the artifacts in some areas. 

You forgot the ultimate weapon trophy, that one almost as grindy, since you need multiple families of different professions to create a ultimate weapon.

13 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

For a 17 year old game? Yes.

And a badly updated game, I will still probably buy the game, but not now, I gonna wait for sales or something like that and expect that there is no other game I would prefer other than this.

Edited by Someonew
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Someonew said:

You forgot the ultimate weapon trophy, that one almost as grindy, since you need multiple families of different professions to create a ultimate weapon.

And a badly updated game, I will still probably buy the game, but not now, I gonna wait for sales or something like that and expect that there is no other game I would prefer other than this.

I'm guessing A New Power trophy is missable.. I'm on year 5, never played the game before so I didn't have any knowledge and didn't create multiple characters with Alchemist, Merchant, Tailor trades... So not only does this game not have a platinum, but there is a potential missable trophy. I really hope there is a workaround as far the greatest weapon scroll dropping in the bonus dungeons or something.

3 hours ago, Someonew said:

That's true. I forgot that! :)

10 hours ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

I'm guessing A New Power trophy is missable.. I'm on year 5, never played the game before so I didn't have any knowledge and didn't create multiple characters with Alchemist, Merchant, Tailor trades... So not only does this game not have a platinum, but there is a potential missable trophy. I really hope there is a workaround as far the greatest weapon scroll dropping in the bonus dungeons or something.

I aced this game solo on the Game Cube years ago, in fact, I was just looking at it.

The only problem with this trophy is that I don't know if it's the legendary weapon or the greatest weapon, the greatest weapon can only be made by the blacksmith family, but you will need the scroll, the scroll can only be made by the alchemist family, the family with the highest level cap.

A tip is that the idea is to have one family of each profession on the village, if you have a blacksmith, a tailor, or a merchant family, leveling one will level the other two.

For artifacts will be necessary a vast list, as artifacts change as the year's pass.

I gonna give a few tips for newcomers.

There are over 70 artifacts in the main game, but I don't know if this remaster one has more.

You gonna need to go after them weather you like it or not as artifacts are necessary to raise the character stats, something that's a must since there's no level system and the multiplayer in this game sucks, because of that you will end up playing this game mostly solo, if not only playing solo, and soloing his game is hard, I say this by personal experience since soloed this game myself, some bosses are torture without help, especially the final boss.

Using magic is a must to some fights, getting used to the magic system is necessary for survival, lots of people when the original was released avoided using spells as it was difficult and that it takes a lot of time to cast. That's wrong, for the final boss's second form spell casting is a must!

What character to use?

Clavats are balanced characters, good strength, defense, magic, and agility. Anyone can use them normally. Use sword and shield and have normal reach.

Liltties are naturally strong, have high strength and defense, and life, but low magic and magic defense, are also slow and will take a lot of damage. Use spears and have long reach

Yukies: Low strength, low defense, low life, but high magic and magic defense, have good agility. Because of the nature of spell casting in this game, playing solo in this game with them is risky, they also use staffs

Selkies: Average strength, medium-low defense and magic defense, moderate magic and life, high agility. Because of their speed, they can dodge fast as they cast spells, they use maces as weapons.

In the original game, it was made to have a team of one of each when playing, clavats would defend the crystal and the spell casters, yukies would cast attack and defense spells, selkies would bait the enemy and liltties would act as tanks and keep enemies at bay.

When soloing, I preferred Selkies since they were faster, despite having a lower attack, only higher than Yukies, I could dodge everything fast and efficiently.

For families focus in having an Alchemist, Blacksmith, Merchant, and Tailor. You will need alchemist for the RIng of Invincibility and Greatest Weapon scrolls, the blacksmith and tailor would create the ultimate weapon and armor, and ring, the merchant family has items for you to craft the weapons. You need to gift them with materials of their professions and seeds, all families love seeds.

Try to keep the merchant family happy with a pink face so they discount you 65% of the price.

For bosses, while in the first year, or the first time you face them, they will be easy to be dealt, the second, the third time they will become stronger and more annoying, some bosses are pretty easy, the Lich is known to be difficult and the final boss's second form is known to be one of the hardest in the game, since you gonna keep hunting for artifacts for years and years to come, remember this, there are only 12 bosses in the game, 15 if we count the last three bosses in the game, it's extremely repetitive. And this game seems to have a hard mode and a secret boss, I can't give any help there as I have no idea in this case since it wasn't in the original game.

The final tip I can give is to watch as many events as possible, these events accumulate on the stat known as Memory, this stat is essential for fighting the final boss of the game.

11 hours ago, Someonew said:

I aced this game solo on the Game Cube years ago, in fact, I was just looking at it.

The only problem with this trophy is that I don't know if it's the legendary weapon or the greatest weapon, the greatest weapon can only be made by the blacksmith family, but you will need the scroll, the scroll can only be made by the alchemist family, the family with the highest level cap.

A tip is that the idea is to have one family of each profession on the village, if you have a blacksmith, a tailor, or a merchant family, leveling one will level the other two.

There are new equipments that must be crafted. Even the DLC weapons are stronger than the old ultima ones. Plus theres a few new artifacts aswell. Ring of meteor being 1 lol.

New artifacts should be:

Strength:

Futsu-no-Mitama (Str +7)

Magic:

Stardist Rod (Mag +4)

Defense:

Royal Crown (Def +3)

Rings:

Holy Ring

Gravity Ring

Meteor Ring

New Equipment should be:

Weapons: (X = weapon type of choice)

Chronicle X

Vanitas X

Acies X

Then 2 new Ultimate weapons. Both use same materials. Both got same stats (54 strength on racket for example, 56 hammer etc).

1 of the rackets turns the focus attack into Haste (speed up movement and spellcast). This is called Evergreen.

The other one is called Faerie Tail. This basically makes focus attack inti Clear/Esuna.

Materials needed per weapon:

2 Adamantite

2 Rainbow Stone

1 Wind Crystal

Scroll name for said 2 weapon types:

Clavats:

Twilight Weapon

Dawn Weapon

Lilties:

Sealed Weapon

Aurora Weapon

Yukes (Gets 3):

Smoldering Weapon

Gelid Weapon

Storm Weapon

Selkies:

Garden Weapon = Faerie Tail

Paradise Weapon = Evergreen

The other weapon scrolls for all races are:

Beginnings Wpn.

Empty Weapon

Noble Weapon

There are also new scrolls for other equipment:

Lustrous X

Beginnings X

Empty X

Noble X

Copycat/Kupo X

Palladium X

Cursed X

Silver X

Accessory:

Zen Scroll = Wiseman's Soul (+15 magic for Yukes)

New crafting mats:

Electrum

Adamantite (Used for new ultima)

White Fur

Hard Driftwood

Stream Water

Blaze Mushroom

Hollow Onyx

Chipped Gear

Diamond

Damascus Steel

White Coral

Time Shard

Stone Marker

Dragon Scale

Dragon Eye

Star Shard

Black Slab

Moonstone

White Veil

Abyss Eye

Regal Horn

Dusk Sand

Gold Needle

Rainbow Stone (Used for new ultima weapons)

Hope Shard

Scarletit

Golden Feather

The blacksmiths in Marr's Pass can craft the weapons and armors.

Edited by Cissa90

2 hours ago, Cissa90 said:

There are new equipments that must be crafted. Even the DLC weapons are stronger than the old ultima ones. Plus theres a few new artifacts aswell. Ring of meteor being 1 lol.

New artifacts should be:

Strength:

Futsu-no-Mitama (Str +7)

Magic:

Stardist Rod (Mag +4)

Defense:

Royal Crown (Def +3)

Rings:

Holy Ring

Gravity Ring

Meteor Ring

New Equipment should be:

Weapons: (X = weapon type of choice)

Chronicle X

Vanitas X

Acies X

Then 2 new Ultimate weapons. Both use same materials. Both got same stats (54 strength on racket for example, 56 hammer etc).

1 of the rackets turns the focus attack into Haste (speed up movement and spellcast). This is called Evergreen.

The other one is called Faerie Tail. This basically makes focus attack inti Clear/Esuna.

Materials needed per weapon:

2 Adamantite

2 Rainbow Stone

1 Wind Crystal

Scroll name for said 2 weapon types:

Clavats:

Twilight Weapon

Dawn Weapon

Lilties:

Sealed Weapon

Aurora Weapon

Yukes (Gets 3):

Smoldering Weapon

Gelid Weapon

Storm Weapon

Selkies:

Garden Weapon = Faerie Tail

Paradise Weapon = Evergreen

The other weapon scrolls for all races are:

Beginnings Wpn.

Empty Weapon

Noble Weapon

There are also new scrolls for other equipment:

Lustrous X

Beginnings X

Empty X

Noble X

Copycat/Kupo X

Palladium X

Cursed X

Silver X

Accessory:

Zen Scroll = Wiseman's Soul (+15 magic for Yukes)

New crafting mats:

Electrum

Adamantite (Used for new ultima)

White Fur

Hard Driftwood

Stream Water

Blaze Mushroom

Hollow Onyx

Chipped Gear

Diamond

Damascus Steel

White Coral

Time Shard

Stone Marker

Dragon Scale

Dragon Eye

Star Shard

Black Slab

Moonstone

White Veil

Abyss Eye

Regal Horn

Dusk Sand

Gold Needle

Rainbow Stone (Used for new ultima weapons)

Hope Shard

Scarletit

Golden Feather

The blacksmiths in Marr's Pass can craft the weapons and armors.

Then they made an already grind and difficult game even more grindy and difficult.

To 100% the original was necessary near 80 hours, with this, this game is officially over 100 hours to reach 100%, a 100 hour game with no platinum.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Someonew said:

Then they made an already grind and difficult game even more grindy and difficult.

To 100% the original was necessary near 80 hours, with this, this game is officially over 100 hours to reach 100%, a 100 hour game with no platinum.

Yeah, some scrolls or even materials seem to be just from the last selection after beating a boss in the bonus difficulty dungeons. Note, these dungeons have same layout as the old versions, except a different color/miasma background, reskinned enemies, and bosses. And the difficulty really spikes in them. 3 times the amount of enemies it feels like. And bosses got really high HP. Almost forcing you to play 3-4 people to have a chance.

The so called "strongest" enemy i dunno where is yet. Looking at the trophy image for a new enemy, and strongest, it might be time based on the daily rotation. As the current dungeons got yellow icon, and not red. (Same as the 2 trophy images).

Why do people keep saying it is grindy to get merchant, blacksmith, tailor and alchemist up? It's actually pretty easy. At the start of each year, rotate between every member of the caravan and talk to their family. This will advance the relationships (without needing to actually play as different characters), and after four years or so every relationship will be maxed. The only grindy thing is getting the alchemist up, but if the main character is the alchemist's child even this gets easy.

But I agree that getting every artifact will take a lot of time. I'm not sure how often you'll get the best scrolls and the corresponding materials in the new dungeon, but I think that this can be done pretty fast if you're lucky.

• Like 1